Any non-stop flights from Detroit-Orlando in Nov?

CdnDisneyFan

<font color=FF0033>Tigger, he is oh so cute!<br><f
I am searching out non-stop flights from Detroit to Orlando leaving on November 14th, but every airline has at least one or more stops, and takes like 6 hours for a usual 2+ hour flight, it's ridiculous! Even Southwest, which I had originally wanted has two stops, and leaving at 2:25pm gets into Orlando at 8:15 pm, which leaves no time for parks that day, and with having only 3 days for parks and going on the cruise, it's a ripoff!! Spirit has the only non stop flights, but I'm kind of wary about them, but if I have to fly Spirit, so be it!! Anyone have any other ideas? Flying in the night before is out of the question, as my dad has a morning appt the morning of the flight, (and it's only my mom and I going on the trip), so we have to schedule the flight in the afternoon.

Sorry for the rambling,

Thanx

Jules

Detroit is a hub for Northwest Airlines. You may want to give them a try.. I am looking at Travelocity now and it shows that both Northwest airlines and Spirit Airlines have non-stop flights from Detroit to Orlando on 11/14.

That's weird, I've checked NW's site, and there is always a plane change, and it'll take at least 6 hours. Hehehehe!!! NOT!! It's bad enough that we'll have to leave later, but to have to travel for 6 hours, I don't think so!! Thanx anyhow!!

Jules

Originally posted by CdnDisneyFan
That's weird, I've checked NW's site, and there is always a plane change, and it'll take at least 6 hours. Hehehehe!!! NOT!! It's bad enough that we'll have to leave later, but to have to travel for 6 hours, I don't think so!! Thanx anyhow!!

Jules

I just put in the 11/14 date into Northwest's System and they have quite a few non-stops from DTW to MCO. Are you sure you have put in the right airport codes? Detroit is one of NWA's major hubs and they fly non-stop to quite a few cities, including Orlando from there. Northwest has a flight 426, 422, 430 and 428 from DTW to MCO on 11/14 and each of them is a non-stop.

NW does have non-stops, but if you are searching by "find lowest available fair" you will get flights with layovers. You need to do th e"More Options" and choose your number of stops as non-stop flights only. But, beware, the price difference will probably be huge.

I love Spirit! I will not spend an entire day in an airport or on a plane, so Spirit is always cheap and non-stop. Good Luck! We are flying Nov 16!

Spirit has a non stop at 4:20 pm arriving at 6:55pm so you probably will still get no park time or very little. They are $197 per person

NWA has non stops
leaving at 12:06 arriving 2:37leaving at 1:51 arriving 4:20
leaving 3:38 arriving 6:11
The fares start at $217 per person and vary on the flight time you choose. Be aware I only asked for flights departing in the afternoon (12pm-4pm) If you want an even earlier flight, you can ask for late morning or noontime.

I found all this on Orbitz just now by selecting the Full Search option and selecting only non stop flights.

There are 2 airports and hence 2 airport codes for Detroit. Make sure you are picking DTW. There are non-stop flights available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter