Any luck with Touring Plans Reservation Finder?

DancinMama

Mouseketeer
In May I signed up for Touring Plans Reservation Finder and right away got a few texts but once I got to the site they were gone. Then I didn't hear anything for months so I went online to check into it and realized that after they find your request you have to go in and restart it!! What a dummy I was! Here I was waiting for offers all this time and wasn't getting any because I didn't read the fine print that you need to restart your requests!

Anyway, now that I figured it all out last week I've gotten a few texts but they're always gone by the time I get to the Disney site. Those who've had success, do you have any special tricks or have you just been lucky? I've been using the Disney World "My Disney Experience" App on my phone to check when I get an offer.

Thanks all!

No special tricks but I have had really good luck with Touring Plans. If you just keep checking, eventually you will get it. I usually follow the link that they send. I don't know if it makes a difference really. It might be a fraction faster but I can't prove it :-)

No special tricks but I have had really good luck with Touring Plans. If you just keep checking, eventually you will get it. I usually follow the link that they send. I don't know if it makes a difference really. It might be a fraction faster but I can't prove it :-)
Is there a link in the text? I never realized that either! ;)

In May I signed up for Touring Plans Reservation Finder and right away got a few texts but once I got to the site they were gone. Then I didn't hear anything for months so I went online to check into it and realized that after they find your request you have to go in and restart it!! What a dummy I was! Here I was waiting for offers all this time and wasn't getting any because I didn't read the fine print that you need to restart your requests!

Anyway, now that I figured it all out last week I've gotten a few texts but they're always gone by the time I get to the Disney site. Those who've had success, do you have any special tricks or have you just been lucky? I've been using the Disney World "My Disney Experience" App on my phone to check when I get an offer.

Thanks all!
You need to keep your cell phone with you 24/7, with the volume turned up so you'll hear the text notification. When you get a notification, immediately click on the link within the text, and that will take you directly to that restaurant's reservation page, already at the right day & time. No need to find the ressie separately yourself- doing that could take long enough to lose a hard-to-get ressie.

Last edited:

I too would go into MDE thinking it would be faster but once I started clicking on the link, I actually seemed to get the reservation! Like others said, keep your phone with you and ringer on. You may still miss some but eventually you will get them!

Thanks all!
I never had luck with touring plans either. I signed up with *********** and was able to get a dinner ressie at BOG 15 days before our departure day and a Cinderella Royal Table lunch.
Love Mouse Dining and it's free

For my September trip, I have gotten CRT, Crystal Palace, Akershus, Sci-Fi Dine In. I also got BoG but at very late hours so I am still working on that one.

My tip for this is: Sign up for a easy-to-get reservation on TP. When you are notified of one (that you don't make), save the number in your contacts and assign a specific special ringtone for it. That way when you hear that ringtone, you'll know when its a reservation every time and can hurry to grab it! :D Hope you get the ones you want.

It's all about being quick I have found. Agree with others, keep your phone handy and click the link!! I signed up and so did my husband, we are going the last week in November. When we booked I couldn't get anything we wanted except I lucked out and got Le Cellier just by frequently rechecking. Since signing up for the reservation finder I have gotten: 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickeys, Ohana and just today CRT!! I am SOOOO excited! I did miss a few texts so I had to restart my search but it works! Good luck!

I got my BOG dinner before the Christmas party a few weeks ago. I was driving got the text pulled over and made the ADR. I would just keep the cell phone on u 24/7.

I was able to get two beaches and cream reservations and Ohana dinner from the free service. I got messages for a few BOG breakfast and a bunch of other Ohana dinners but couldn't get to them in time. I'm going late December.

As others have said, keeping your phone on and with you at all times is key. I also changed the sound of my text alerts to an obnoxiously loud ring so it would wake me up if the text came thru in the middle of the night...It works. :)

Okay everyone, thanks so much for the advice! :) Since this message I've gotten two alerts from Touring Plans and was able to try to get to them by tapping the link on my text message. My issue now is that when I tap the link takes me to the Disney World page and I have to login to Disney World which takes extra time. My login info isn't saving and keeping me logged in so I'm wondering if any of you have a special secret tip for that? ;)
Thank you all so much for the replies! I'm keeping the hope alive that I will get the reservations we want.

Okay everyone, thanks so much for the advice! :) Since this message I've gotten two alerts from Touring Plans and was able to try to get to them by tapping the link on my text message. My issue now is that when I tap the link takes me to the Disney World page and I have to login to Disney World which takes extra time. My login info isn't saving and keeping me logged in so I'm wondering if any of you have a special secret tip for that? ;)
Thank you all so much for the replies! I'm keeping the hope alive that I will get the reservations we want.
My iPhone saves my account and password automatically so I just need press the log in button.

My tip for this is: Sign up for a easy-to-get reservation on TP. When you are notified of one (that you don't make), save the number in your contacts and assign a specific special ringtone for it. That way when you hear that ringtone, you'll know when its a reservation every time and can hurry to grab it! :D Hope you get the ones you want.
Thsys an awesome idea!! Thank you!!! :-D

I'm sooo excited! Even with having to type in my login info after clicking on the link, I just got the Bon Voyage Breakfast at the perfect time! Yay!

TP has worked for me except for BOG if a reservation is available I only get a mail(I'm international) and even if the mail is only 1-2 min old it's gone. :scared:

I know it's in high demand so I guess I have to keep trying. Any suggestions?

I've used it probably 5 times over the past year and I always booked the reservation (if I wanted it still) when it texts me, and rarely do I not get a text for a search, just need to be flexible with your times... +-1 hour usually works. Be patient... one time it took weeks but I eventually got a text with an opening. You gotta be next to your phone 24/7 like someone else said. A few days ago I got woken up by a text at 3am telling me a 'Ohana reservation opened up. Went in MDE and nabbed it right away while practically still sleeping. If you wait thinking it'll still be there in the morning or in an hour then you will have less success. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter