Any Luck with AnySoldier?

pfishgirl

In Loving Memory of My Son 5/6/09
Has anyone use the AnySoldier web site to send a package to our Troops? I want to send some Christmas cheer but I never know what site is actually legit. I'm always nervous that it will sit in a storage warehouse and not actually get to a single troop or soldier. :guilty:

Thanks

Anysoldier is awesome and absolutely legit-they dont send packages-they give you info, an address and you do your own shipping-im actually still friends with a young man i started sending stuff two like 4 years ago thru anysoldier. Another good-and absolutely legit site is Soldiers angels.com. Or-if there are soldiers deployed from your community-call the national guard armory and ask if they have soldiers who are not recieving mail or if you can contribute to stuff the FRG for the unit may be sending.

Ive used anysoldier in the past..I still talk to a soldier that I sent cards to a few years ago. I just sent out Christmas cards and have been becomign a "pen pal" with a soldier--he tells me all the time how great it is to get mail!

Thank You for the Info. I feel alot better now. Maybe I will start with letters then send packages when I find out exactly what they need

I agree, anysoldier is great! I send something every Christmas and usually get a thank-you card or e-mail a few weeks later. My DH is in the air force, so I see firsthand how important it is to get mail while over there and I am so happy to help!

Ditto about www.anysoldier.com GREAT WEBSITE. I just love to read the comments/letters the soldiers/sailors/marines/airmen post on there when I feel like crying, LOL. (I did that when DH was deployed for some reason LOL)

Ok, so I got 2 names and they have the same exact address...

Here is my question, after the name of the sgt on the first line, do I include ATT: Anysoldier on the 2nd line ?

Thanks

No-just use the address they gave you-the website arose when regulations changed and you could no longer send mail to ANYSOLDIER-you needed to have a name and address-most of the time the names you get from anysoldier.com represent a group-squad or platoon sized-the reason the address is the same is generally an entire battalion ( about 7-9 hundred soldiers) will have the same mailing address-no worries-the mail handling folks on that end make sure it ends up in the right hands.

Thank You..

The website itself says to keep ATT: Any Soldier on it
I will leave it off and hope for the best

I always send mine like this:

Contact's name
ATT: Any Soldier
Address
Address

That way they know the mail is not specificaly for them, but is for someone random in their group. It will be delivered as long as it has a specific person's contact name BEFORE the ATT: Any Soldier line. Adding the ATT: Any Soldier lets the contact know that the box is not for them specifically from someone they know back home but for them to give to someone who maybe doesn't get as much mail as someone else.

Not sure if that made sense.

Essentially: Do add the ATT: Any Soldier, just make sure you have a contact name before it. If you don't have a contact name and send addressed just to "Any Soldier, it can't be delivered. You used to be able to mail a box addressed solely to "Any Soldier" and it would be given to a random soldier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter