Any first hand reports of Photo Pass box with Tink?

tink2

DIS Veteran
Just curious if anyone has been to the parks since they replaced the photo pass photographer with an box that takes your picture..... forgive me if I've missed it~ but wondering how that is going and the quality of the photos.

Just curious if anyone has been to the parks since they replaced the photo pass photographer with an box that takes your picture..... forgive me if I've missed it~ but wondering how that is going and the quality of the photos.

I just found this website today with a listing of 7 of the 9 locations.

https://www.disneymagic4adults.com/...ld-s-9-photopass-character-locations-revealed

I'll be visiting 5 of the 7 they have listed when I visit Pete's Silly Side Show, The Character Spot in Epcot , Tink and Mickey at Town Square (each one counts as one of it's own), and AK's Outpost. They've given a guess on the other 2 and I will be visiting both of those as well. Sounds like the Princess Greet in Fantasyland will still have live photographers!

https://www.disneymagic4adults.com/...ld-s-9-photopass-character-locations-revealed

I'll be visiting 5 of the 7 they have listed when I visit Pete's Silly Side Show, The Character Spot in Epcot , Tink and Mickey at Town Square (each one counts as one of it's own), and AK's Outpost. They've given a guess on the other 2 and I will be visiting both of those as well. Sounds like the Princess Greet in Fantasyland will still have live photographers!

Wow- thanks for the link- I had not read that. This really saddens me- a lot of the most popular locations will have the automated cameras~ even Town Square Mickey. *sigh*
I hope they get it all figured out and working well before my next trip~ we love Photopass because of the amazing pictures we always get on it. This is a major change with the most popular locations............

Man that is terrible, and ridiculous to call that only "9" locations. I quickly counted and I think it is about 21 characters, and everywhere you can take a picture with a classic character indoors. The kiosk bring right there is going to massively slow down the line too. Although maybe the lines will be fine when everyone decides to stop going.

Meeting Disney characters is one of the biggest selling points of WDW, so this just makes no sense to me except to insult guests to their face by saying "We know that you will come regardless of how much we charge or how much we degrade the product."

Also good luck getting any infant or toddler to look at that camera.

Man that is terrible, and ridiculous to call that only "9" locations. I quickly counted and I think it is about 21 characters, and everywhere you can take a picture with a classic character indoors. The kiosk bring right there is going to massively slow down the line too. Although maybe the lines will be fine when everyone decides to stop going.

Meeting Disney characters is one of the biggest selling points of WDW, so this just makes no sense to me except to insult guests to their face by saying "We know that you will come regardless of how much we charge or how much we degrade the product."
They'd have it in every character location if they could. This is just the ones with the logistics to support the box setup.

They'd have it in every character location if they could. This is just the ones with the logistics to support the box setup.
I agree because the current management believes that everyone will dump their wallets at the parks regardless of the product delivered. Plus for every photographer they fire for a year they can pay Iger's salary for exactly one hour, although I'm sure he'll take it as a raise instead of an offset.

Last edited:

I love the comment that eliminating the photographer will make the meet more immersive. Really? Are the photographers really that distracting?

I love the comment that eliminating the photographer will make the meet more immersive. Really? Are the photographers really that distracting?

LOL, I agree with the assessment. They totally take me out of it. They are like those annoying people at the movies with the cellphones. When I see them I know I wasn't ACTUALLY shrunk down to Tinkerbell's height. I'm like..."Just take the picture.. Josephine from Delaware."

LOL, I agree with the assessment. They totally take me out of it. They are like those annoying people at the movies with the cellphones. When I see them I know I wasn't ACTUALLY shrunk down to Tinkerbell's height. I'm like..."Just take the picture.. Josephine from Delaware."

...not sure if this is a joke or not

While I am not in favor of the automated systems because they'll be bound to miss some shots the human sees, yeah, the photographers CAN be really distracting. I do see where that angle is coming from. Still, between the 2 options I'd rather have them than not

Thank Walt the Princesses at the Fairytale Hall are safe from the automation. Was getting worried that I'll end up with a rubbish shot with Rapunzel from a machine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter