• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any chance both parents can watch their kid build at Droid Depot?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
My son wants to go to the Droid Depot and Build a robot but I read only one adult can accompany him. Is there any chance if it's a down crowd day or other way for both my wife and myself to watch him build it? I know space js limited in that room I just think it's ridiculous that the parents have to choose who gets to see it. Anyone have any walk in this regard? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for the help!

I’m not sure of the answer but know it has been asked before.

I’d recommend reading this post and searching through this sub-forum as I’m sure you’ll find the answer there as you wait for someone to reply.

Last summer we did a walk up on a slow day. Only 5 or 6 build stations were full and the lobby/shopping area of the store had maybe 10-15 people in it. They would not allow a second adult behind the gate for picking pieces or at the build stations. My son chose to go back with his older teen sister. They picked out the pieces together and the CM pulled them over to a build station next to the railing and waved me over. So I got to watch right next to them but was not able to go behind the railing with them. I believe there were a few build stations that were kinda close to a railing that you can stand behind and still see and hear what is going on. Good luck, my 7 yr old son loved doing it.

The stations are narrow. One child + one adult already run the risk of encroaching on other's personal space. I can't imagine 3 people in one spot. There's a viewing area behind some of the stations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter