• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ANY ADR wait horror stories??

He will be thankful to have a break and cool off before heading back out, we always look fwd to our ADRS.. If you go and are there at rope drop or close to that time you will have plenty of time in the parks..

Now that being said if you only have like 2 or 3 days Id only do maybe 2 ADR so that you can enjoy the parks more..

Also to make DH happy just make ADR to the restaurants that are in the park your in that day, saves alot in travel time or make late ADRs for places like Poly, GF, AK for after your park time..

We never had a wait until the past few years. The restaurants are definitely more crowded now, even during slow times. The only remarkable waits we have had have been:

1. Ca Grill in Jan. 50 minutes (7:00 ADR)
2. Le Cellier in May 60 minutes (8:45 ADR)
3. Bistro de Paris in Apr 60 minutes (8:00 ADR)

We've eaten at Le Cellier and Bistro on other occasions and did not experience the waits; every place can have an off night for some reason.

Ca Grill and Coral Reef, we have had repeat experience of 20+ minute waits.

Thanks for all the input, DIS friends.:grouphug: I guess only time will tell. All those who lucked out due to time of year...well, we are going the 3rd week in May so I'm guessing that means some decent waits for us. Matter of fact, the poster who once had an 845pm at LC in May w/over an hour wait...I won't mention any names, but somebody over this way has that exact same set up for 2010 :crazy2:

Thanks for all the input, DIS friends.:grouphug: I guess only time will tell. All those who lucked out due to time of year...well, we are going the 3rd week in May so I'm guessing that means some decent waits for us. Matter of fact, the poster who once had an 845pm at LC in May w/over an hour wait...I won't mention any names, but somebody over this way has that exact same set up for 2010 :crazy2:

LOL, that was my group!!!! There was 8 of us so we thought that was the reason we had to wait so long outside (no room to wait inside) but nope, when we did get seated, the place was packed. On the flip side, we had the greatest server that night; she was so much fun. And we got to walk out of Epcot after the park was closed and it was so peaceful.

Most of the time, we've been seated for our ADR's in 10-20mins. The worst was on our first trip, our last night we had a Coral Reef ADR. We ended up canceling when they told us it was a 2+ hour wait.:scared1:

Just remember, these crazy wait times are not the norm. If you do face this situation, check in and then head over to guest relations and see what other restaurants are available.

Just relax and have a good time.:wizard: Remember, husbands can smell stress!:rotfl:

We waited about 1 hour past our ADR time at The Plaza before we just gave up and went to Casey's! I was starving! That was our only bad wait out of over 60 or so TS we have done in the past 3 years.

I have to say, the later our dinner is planned; the longer we have had to wait. The only places I can say it was excessive was dinner at: Coral Reef and Grand Floridian Cafe where we waiting an hour over at each location....GGGRRR.

I've only done ADRs when i've went for the free dining promo. I know it's 'off peak' but you also have to figure in that a majority of the guests are getting the free dining so many of them are filling up the restaurants. I've been for 3 years at FD, and generally was always seated immediately or a few minutes wait. There has been exceptions, but really there's no way to guess ahead of time because i'm sure the waits all depend on how the restaurant is flowing that day, and if you have a lot of table lingerers or not haha. I've always been pretty commando about riding things in the parks, but once I got to try some of the table service restaurants, now I have to ask myself if i'm going to disney more for the rides or for the food?

A few years ago on New Years Eve my family and I had an ADR scheduled for dinner at Boma, however we had waited at least an hour and a half past our ADR time. Now I thought that would happen because it was New Years Eve and the fact Boma was very popular, however what we didn't realize is that our server said they accepted to many ADR's for that evening and went way over the total number they should have had. I don't remember the exact number but I remember it being a big one.

I have never experienced a wait time of more than 20-30 minutes, and that is going during the busiest time of year (Christmas/New Year's) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter