Anxiety and Leaving in less than 20 hours

Emme

DIS Veteran
OK, I am very excited about going but also a bit anxious! Does anyone else ever get this way. I have butterflies in my stomach and I really can't pinpoint why! Everything is in order and done, so there is really no reason, but the jitters are there none the less. Anyone else ever have this happen:confused: :confused:

Emmy

I've never had it happen...yet! But I sure do look forward to the feeling ::yes::. I guess it comes from wanting something so much and all the excitment of the dream coming true. For me at least, because I've been dreaming of our trip for over two years now.

Have a wonderful time :wave:
Kristina

I'm with Kristina. I haven't had the feeling yet but I'm sure come June 14th I'll be flitting around the house like crazy trying to make sure I have everything!

I'm a very nervous flyer so I always feel that way - excited to get there, but nervous about the flight.

Have a wonderful trip!

I never truly relax until my butt is in the airplane seat. At that point I figure the airline will get me to WDW in a reasonably timely fashion. Before that point, a lot can go wrong. For instance, this March 5th I treated the whole family to a WDW vacation from my Mom down to my granddaughter. I went to mom's to drop off our dog for my brother to watch and followed her back to my house, she wanted to have her car waiting for her at the airport when she returned. Well, turning into my street at 4:45 am, she hit the curb and blew out a tire. This forced us to cram 5 adults and all our luggage into my Blazer for the trip to the airport. By the time we and my 2 daughters, SIL and GD got together in the airport, we just got through security in time to start the boarding.

SO, maybe what you're feeling is the undefineable notion that the best laid plans do sometimes go astray? That's the case with me. See if it doesn't go away as soon as you feel as if you've 'arrived', whenever that moment comes. Mine is in the airplane seat.

Bill From PA

I put so much planning into my trips, so much anticipation, and expectations. When the time to go finally arrives, I worry if we have enough $, if we should have spent so much $, if everyone will have a good time, if the plane ride will be ok, if we have enough clothes, if we have too much luggage, etc etc etc. Once we arrive and settle in, the fears lessen a lot!

Oh my goodness, I'm already feeling anxiety of the thought that in about a month, we'll be in double digits! I've been waiting to get out of triple digits for almost 2 years. I've planned, planned, then planned some more. I had been driving my husband nuts and he would tell me that I worry too much. Well, he's finally coming around and actually getting excited about our first trip to WDW. I agree with one of the other posters, I won't feel relaxed until I'm on that plane!:hyper:

Edit: I forgot to mention something. Just to give you an example of my anxiety level, I just bought a new digital camera for our vacation which I haven't had a chance to try out yet. Anyway, last night I had a dream (nightmare) that I arrived at WDW not having used the camera before, and I couldn't figure out how to take a picture!:eek: Talk about pre-trip nerves.:rolleyes:

Many of the physical symptoms of anxiousness are also the same for excitement.

I have butterflies in my stomach too, because I'm thrilled to death we're actually going to WDW in 17 days!!!

I'm like a kid before Christmas.

I can't sleep very well, and I read every guidebook I can get my hands on even though they repeat the same things.

It's all part of the excitement for me.

I'm just not sure how I'm going to get any sleep the night before we leave. And we're driving down from NY so I HAVE to get some sleep!!! lol

Karen

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :hyper: :hyper: :wave2: ::yes:: ::yes::

This morning I woke my DS9 up by jumping on his bed and singing "Tomorrow we're going to Disney, tomorrow we're going to Disney...."""

He finally asked me to leave. I'm wondering who is more excited!!!!!!

I'm also anxious about all the things to be done between now and getting on the airplane. But ....

"Tomorrow I'll be in Disney!!!!"

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

See you there!!!

Kathy

Hi Emme!! Relax. You'll be just fine. We put so much into these trips and when that day comes we just can't wait!!!

I never sleep the night before and forget about it during the week we leave!!! I'm a basket case!!!

Well dear, have a wonderful time and once you're on that plane and all settled in you'll breath easier!! :)

Do tell us about your trip when you return....

RELAX! YOUR GOING ON VACATION TO WDW! YOU'LL BE FINE. EVERYTHING WILL BE GREAT! ITS WDW! ENJOY!::MickeyMo

I am always a nervous wreck before we go. Every year in the past we leave our home at 4am, so I can never sleep that night because I am paranoid that I won't hear the alarm clock, that I don't have all my luggage, and I won't get all of us ready on time.

This year we are leaving our home at 4pm, so I will be able to relax a little bit.

Have a good time - I am so jealous because look at my countdown clock:( Oh well, it will be here before we know it::yes::

I have big butterflies too!! We are leaving Friday morning, and I am still trying to pull it together. Tomorrow I have to transport the pets (dog and hamster) to their vacation sites. Four of us are going to Disney but I am packing for 6!!! You are not alone - I am excited and nervous all at once!!!

We need to take two flights to get to Mickey and there was a choice between waiting two hours or four hours for our second flight. We chose the four hour wait, just in case :crazy: . Don't want to miss it, no way, and we have seen the tv program Airport enough times to know all that can go wrong with delays and such. Just our way of hopefully dealing in advance with a few of those butterflies!

We are going to be so tired when we finally get to the hotel, but it'l be worth it! Everybody, make sure and get to the airport in plenty of time ::yes::

Oh my-all of the above and every time we go!! We actually book a room beside the airport the night before our flight because I'm afraid we'll have car trouble or something trying to get to the airport. We are always way early!!
It seems to start when my counter hits single digits and then I start to panic about everything (where are the passports, tickets, suitcases (already packed of course), bathing suit, sun screen, is the van tuned up and full of gas? Is there enough dog food (like they couldn't go out and buy more if they ran out, are the bills paid up...the list goes on). Can't sleep at night because all these thoughts keep going through my mind. Really have to relax eh!

Years ago, when I had my own business, I always knew that anything could happen, up to the time of departure, that could delay or even make me have to cancel the trip.

My business was a 24/7 operation and I had to depend on the staff to make it happen. They always came through but I was still always worried that some disaster would happen and make me have to stay.

Now that I no longer have the business and I just work a 40 hour job, the anxiety no longer exist. Gotta love it!!! Anyway, some anxiety is just natural considering the fun your about to have. Have a great time.

:hyper: :hyper: :sunny: :sunny: :hyper: :hyper:

In my experience, I'm that kind of nervous every time I travel, no matter where I go. I went to Russia for a study abroad program and I started my packing/preparations 6-7 months out. My upcoming WDW trip has been on hold for over a year because of a severe lack of work (which has been resolved - which is why I booked the trip). Now that it is paid for, all I have to do is drive down there. But, I am still nervous about something happening on the way down. I just think it's human nature, especially when it involves something that we want so very much.

Me, Nervous????.... We're off to the "World" in less than a week. We drive from NY, and will be leaving at 3:00 am Thursday morning. Do I sleep? Will I be able to sleep? Will my DH sleep? Who knows! Everythings packed, just gotta do a grocery run, got somebody watching the house and the cats. Now I just have to wait......and that's the hardest part. So, am I nervous? NO, anxious that my year long plan is finally being put into motion, YES!!! Everybody have a great time:cool:

I am alway anxious before any trip we take. It seems like once I have finished planning and packing the jitters start. I am not sure why, guess I finally have time to think about what could go wrong and so my mind desides to worry about it. I don't usually seem to calm down until I am there and settled in. Hope your jitters go away and have a wonderful trip.:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter