• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anticipation

resQmermaid

Earning My Ears
Well, my husband and I are planning a trip to WDW with our 4 children!!! I have wanted to go since I was 2 yrs. old. My parents never took us on vacation. Long story..... Well, We finally have an opportunity to go. I am like a child right now. " I feel like i've waited my whole life for this". HEHEHE. We are planning a trip in November With another family who goes each year. So, I am convienced that I will be lost but I will love it and they will guide my to what I need to do. I love Disney already so that should not be too difficult. My husband thinks we should keep it a surprise, after all my kids couldn't plan a trip that they don't know much about anyway. I am fixing to explode! I can't stop talking about it. I am afraid it will slip. The people we are going with say I should tell them so they can be exited and plan. I believe it would be an awesome surprise. Then again I am I am not sure. I have a friend who left for Disney and didn't tell their kids were they were going until an hour after they had been on the plane.

keeping the trip a secret. I bought every guide book ever published and studied them like my life depended on it. The biggest mistake I made in my "planning" was expecting my children to be as excited as I was. I think I saturated them with such anticipation in advance so the reality was a let down (if you can imagine such a thing!). So if you can keep mum -- do so! Try talking to a friend or lurking here to get your "fix" to keep from spilling the beans.

:)

I think by not telling them would be a mistake. Who knows, they might get even more excited than you. There's something about knowing that you're going to WDW and being excited as the trip gets closer and closer. It's like waiting for Christmas. The anticipation builds and builds until you're ready to burst. I say this from experience...Piglet203 and I will be in WDW in just 35 days!:D And if for some reason your kids give off the impression of being oversaturated by your excitement, those feelings won't parrallel to what they're feeling when they walk on Main Street the first time. They're your kids, you know them better than any of us do, but I would tell them. Have a great time!

Mickey76:)

resQmermaid
You didn't say how old your children are. We have two teens (15 and 18) and a four year old. We always get a complimentary video from WDW to get everybody in the mood to go. Don't allow much planning, but ask the kids about favorite places to eat so we can make priority seatings before we arrive.
Since we have been several times with the older children and this will be the third trip with the youngest we also have are previous videos, pictures and experiences to get us in the mood. Perhaps the family you are traveling with can bring over some "dreams" to help everyone get ready.

Have fun! Our trips with our children have created shared experiences that will keep us close for a lifetime.

You didn't say how old your kids are...but, if they're not very, very young, then planning & anticipating could be as fun as actually going for them! (I know it is for me, and my 7 year old daughter loves it, too.) Plus, I'm just terrible at keeping secrets, so it would be really hard for me to keep a WDW trip under my hat! Have fun planning:)

I think you should wait until closer to the trip to tell your kids. That way they can offer their opinions on things they want to do and see but they won't have the months of waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter