• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Transportation question

daughtersrus

DIS Veteran
We've requested Loop 1400 (pref site). From my understanding that would be a Yellow bus. I've heard about so many problems with the buses, that I'm starting to get nervous. Our youngest daughter is in a wheel chair. Last time we went, they wouldn't let her on the boat to the MK (H2O level too low) so we had to take the bus. We also had to wait past serveral buses since some didn't have wheel chair lifts. I'm really not looking forward to standing in the heat waiting for a bus (we'll be there the end of July). Any advice about driving our own van to and from the parks? Do they have a lot of handicapped parking or will be hiking our way through the parking lots? Thanks! Diane

There is alot of parking for the disabled at all the parks. All are close to the entrace except for MK which is at TTC next to the Poly. When you check in at FW ask the front desk for the Guest with Disabilities guidebook. This might help. I cant beleive that they wouldnt let you on the MK lauch that is terrible. If strollers can so should wheelchairs.

Sometimes the water level gets so low that the difference in heights would be dangerous to try & roll a wheelchair over. When we were there last weekend, it was still ok. If they don't get rain soon though, I would think this might happen again by the end of July.

Personally, I would plan on driving to the parks, so you don't have to wait for the buses. Parking is free for resort guests and you'll be able to get up close to the entrances! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter