• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another "LIVE" from Old Key West!

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
We just checked in and are staying until Friday. We are in building 37 overlooking the water and the golf course. The weather is beautiful, not too hot, but we are extremely tired and are just grocery shopping and hanging out at the resort tonight.

We had a great lunch at the Golden Corral on Vineland, they had great service and wonderful bourbon street chicken. Other than the chicken, the food was adequate and did the job.

We are heading out to a grocery store here in a few minutes and I am going to try to find a publix or Super Walmart.

The room is 3721 and is in pretty good shape, except for some runs in the carpet I can't complain. The main couch is in pretty rough shape but I bet it will be replaced soon enough given all the replacements that they have been doing based on reports here on the board.

No disney parks this trip, we are doing Universal and trying to get to the shuttle launch on Friday if they have it.

I will try to get over to the monorail to take pictures of the construction of "CRV" if I can, we are doing O'hanas on Thursday nite. I will try to post some pictures if i can.

Tammy

By the way--The lady checking in next to me got upgraded to a 1 bedroom from a studio. She was pretty excited!! I don't know if she was a member or booked through CRO though. I figured CRO though I don't know.

How are the lovebugs this week?

Have fun!:cool1:

Sounds like a nice relaxing trip! Is your old sofa one of the old style pull outs too? I thought all of those had been replaced already.

Being you are on the second floor in 37, you must have units above you too. I hope you have nice quiet upstairs neighbors!

We have seen two shuttle launches from WDW. One was the one that broke up on re-entry, and the other was the night launch last December. We decided not to battle the crowded roadways to the coast, but just watched from the parks. The daytime one we watched from on the observation area at the Contemporary. For the night launch, we took our laptop and air card to the MK and watched the countdown while we awaited the start of Wishes. We already knew where to expect the shuttle, and it was really cool to see the big ball of flame when it took off at night. Of course, the folks around us thought we were crazy for bringing the laptop to MK, but it was a way to do both things!

Sounds like a nice relaxing trip! Is your old sofa one of the old style pull outs too? I thought all of those had been replaced already.

Being you are on the second floor in 37, you must have units above you too. I hope you have nice quiet upstairs neighbors!

We have seen two shuttle launches from WDW. One was the one that broke up on re-entry, and the other was the night launch last December. We decided not to battle the crowded roadways to the coast, but just watched from the parks. The daytime one we watched from on the observation area at the Contemporary. For the night launch, we took our laptop and air card to the MK and watched the countdown while we awaited the start of Wishes. We already knew where to expect the shuttle, and it was really cool to see the big ball of flame when it took off at night. Of course, the folks around us thought we were crazy for bringing the laptop to MK, but it was a way to do both things!

We are on the end and I don't think we have neighbors upstairs. The couch is the old style pull out and has seen better days from eying the cushions. But you can't beat the space in this place, we have so much room and it is great!!

I really want to see the launch up close but I am worried about the roadways too!

We are on the end and I don't think we have neighbors upstairs. The couch is the old style pull out and has seen better days from eying the cushions. But you can't beat the space in this place, we have so much room and it is great!!

I really want to see the launch up close but I am worried about the roadways too!

Ah yes, that building does have only 2 stories on the ends, and three in the middle portion.

The last time we were there for a launch the roads were clogged for hours, and some of the folks we knew who tried to get to the coast never actually made it before the launch. They ended up watching from half way between Orlando and the cape.

I saw a couple of lovebugs today, but i think they are dying out. So never fear June travelers!!

We had a rainy day at Universal today, and I mean rainy, but we just slipped on the ponchos and kept on trucking!!

I saw alot of really nicely dressed people heading into the Sharp Aquos theatre next to the Hard Rock Cafe for the media press event tonight. That was inbetween the torrential downpours....

The lines today, except for the Mummy, were about 20 minutes, at the most for all the rides I rode. I didn't do the big roller coasters though, so that might have made a difference. I bet the threatening rain kept locals at home today. Yay rain!!

I didn't take my camera to the parks today, but depending on the forecast, i might tomorrow, so maybe I will have some pictures tomorrow.

Tammy

tammy,

we are getting ready to book an OKW studio stay for the first time. do you recommend putting in a request for a specific building? how about you other OKW junkies? :) do you have other OKW recommendatioins?

tammy,

we are getting ready to book an OKW studio stay for the first time. do you recommend putting in a request for a specific building? how about you other OKW junkies? :) do you have other OKW recommendatioins?

I wouldn't really bother making a location request with an OKW studio. Instead, request top floor so you wont be so hemmed in by vegetation. All OKW studios are on the ends of the buildings. The 'views' are geared toward the large decks of the 1,2, and 3 bedroom villas, so the studios don't often have much in the view department. We were in building 40 a couple weeks ago in a 1st floor studio, and while it really only had a view of vegetation and the next building, it was a very pleasant peaceful balcony, and I enjoyed it more than most of the other studios we have had. We rarely stay in studios though.

Got my internet back and i am happy to be back at OKW! I spent the weekend at Cypress pointe and although it was fine, it was not OKW or DVC. Nothing matches the beauty and convenience of DVC.

Hot and muggy here but perfect pool weather. I went to eat at Bubba Gumps a couple of nights ago, and it was great!!. I know I will be back.

We are in building 64 and it has elevators and the new style of couch so the boys are happy. I just ordered pizza from dominos and they will deliver right to the door. Both the boys are asleep but I think the smell of pizza will wake them up.lol.

I was going to look at the models for AKL today and my guide called me and told me that they are closed for the next three days to do some work. I just got a message from her so I didn't get a chance to grill her on CRV, but that will come on another day.

Tommorrow we are doing a whole day at Universal and then home on Wednesday. Boo hoo. I don't want to leave. lol.

Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter