Another high school shooting, this time in MD

lynxstch

I Love Figment
Maryland high school shooting "contained," people injured
The Associated Press
21 minutes ago

Email
<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" height="250" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" src="http://www.atlanticbb.net/ads/displayad.php?name=news_article_atf_300x250_tag" width="300"></iframe>
GREAT MILLS, Md. (AP) — A shooting at a Maryland high school caused injuries Tuesday morning, and the campus was on lockdown as deputies and federal agents converged on the crime scene.

St. Mary's Couty Sheriff spokeswoman Cpl. Julie Yingling says there have been injuries, but she didn't know how many or the severity. She said she had "no information" about potential fatalities.

The St. Mary's County Public Schools said situation was "contained" after the shooting at Great Mills High School, which has about 1,600 students and is near the Patuxent River Naval Air Station, about 65 miles (104 kilometers) southeast of Washington.

The county sheriff said deputies are on the scene, and told parents or guardians to stay away, urging them to go instead to Leonardtown High School to reunite with Great Mills students there. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives tweeted that its agents are going to the scene.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan and Rep. Steny Hoyer tweeted that they're monitoring reports and urged people to follow the instructions of local law enforcement at the scene.

NBC just reported three injured, including the gunman (shot by a school security officer). All three listed as critical.

Do good for you, but not so much for those shot while at school.

How do you know, are you one of them?
You do whatever you want when you hear the news, and others can do whatever they want. Why does someone have to make such a divisive comment like that? Its because they need to inject their own views into something that has nothing to do with them. Maybe you guys should concentrate on the victims instead of trying to hurl insults to the people who are actually thinking of them, I mean if you want to to good for them of course.

Do good for you, but not so much for those shot while at school.

What makes you the authority on the value or meaning of people of faith lifting victims or their families in prayer? If thoughts and prayers are so meaningless, what value does mindlessly bashing them offer?

Clearly thoughts and prayers for the victims are the true source of gun violence. Problem solved.

Can we just move the last school shooting thread up to the top for awhile rather than rehash that whole conversation and get the thread locked after 20 pages?

Better yet just make a school shooting sticky since it's a fairly regular occurrence.
Sad, but true.

I’m not sure since I’m not really a gun person. At all. But doesn’t Maryland have strict gun laws?

'No Way to Prevent This', Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens- The Onion

Just last week, children at that school participated in the walkout to protest our gun laws. Many of those in opposition to gun control stated- "Well, those teens have no idea what they are really protesting. They just want to leave school!"

I think they now know :(

My sisters best friend has a son at that High School and her 2 oldest graduated from it. He is ok. Both he and his Mom are very upset.

The High School my daughter attends had a young man threatening to shoot up the school when I was out of town at the end of Feb. 2018. Luckily he was caught and arrested before anything happened and he didn't have a weapon on him.

This violence in schools is horrible. It needs to stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!