Annual Passholder

DaisyMinnie

Earning My Ears
We've been going to Disney World at least three times a year for the last few years and I'm thinking of getting AP. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it. So I have a few questions.
1. We use a disney chase visa card for discounts. If I have AP, will I get an additional discount for AP or do I have to use one or the other?
2. For three trips a year, will I have to make park reservations for each trip?
3. Is there a discount on Memory Maker? If I buy it with AP do I pay for it once a year?
4. Will the AP be on my My Disney Experience app?
5. Do they have a discounts on resort packages all the time or do they do various offers during the year on room discounts with AP?

I appreciate any advice and tips for getting AP. Thanks!!

We've been going to Disney World at least three times a year for the last few years and I'm thinking of getting AP. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it. So I have a few questions.
1. We use a disney chase visa card for discounts. If I have AP, will I get an additional discount for AP or do I have to use one or the other?
2. For three trips a year, will I have to make park reservations for each trip?
3. Is there a discount on Memory Maker? If I buy it with AP do I pay for it once a year?
4. Will the AP be on my My Disney Experience app?
5. Do they have a discounts on resort packages all the time or do they do various offers during the year on room discounts with AP?

I appreciate any advice and tips for getting AP. Thanks!!
1. Discounts aren’t stackable. Tell the CM what you have, they will give you the best discount.
2. Yes
3. I believe it is $99 for MM, for the year
4. Yes
5. AP room discounts drop several times a year

We have the Sorcerers pass from DVC. For us it is worth it. It comes down to cost. Will park tickers cost more or the AP? If you go several times a year then AP should be worth it. We got about 3 weeks a year and it is cheaper for us.

Discounts do not stack. We have AP and DVC. Only get 1.

You do have to make reservations if using your AP, at least for now.

You have to renew the AP every year. We don't use memory maker so can't help you there.

You link the AP to Disney Experience just like any ticket or pass. Works well.

We are DVC so cannot tell you anything about Resort Packages.

Hope this helps.

When you say you’ve been doing 3 trips a year, how many park days are you doing each trip? An out of state AP is about $1540, or $1648 with photopass (memory maker). Renewals get a 15% discount. And yes, just get MM on 1 ticket, not the whole families. Even if you’re not together when a photo is taken, as long as you’re linked in friends & family, the person with the MM will be able to see & download all the photos.

If your ticket costs exceed that, then an AP will definitely make sense. I let my AP expire because we weren’t going enough to justify this year. I used the Disney Visa for dining discounts, but there are many more restaurants that participate in AP vs Disney Visa for discounts. Also, an AP discount is 20% for most merchandise, the Disney Visa is 10%.

What @focusondisney said!

The AP is not worth it for the discounts at this point, since the current bounceback offer is often better than the AP room discount. So for someone who knows they're going 3x/year, booking bounceback makes sense.

And sometimes even the Undercover Tourist room discount rates are the equivalent of an AP discount.

That being said, if you're spending an equivalent amount of money--or more--on park tickets, then an AP is a no-brainer. My sister and I are both out-of-state AP holders and our WDW addiction has made them an economical choice. Even at this crazy-high rate.

It’s recommended you run the numbers, taking into account the BB room discount offer.

An out-of-state AP is often only economical for those who make multiple trips each year but there are too many variables unfortunately to say ‘x’ number of trips or park days makes an AP worth it.

For me, the AP was economically worth it just for the discounted resort rates. The dining discounts made it even more favorable. I purchased the Pixie Dust pass and don't go into the parks that often. Although there are several good-to-go days spread throughout the year, the reservation system is required.

For me, the AP was economically worth it just for the discounted resort rates. The dining discounts made it even more favorable. I purchased the Pixie Dust pass and don't go into the parks that often. Although there are several good-to-go days spread throughout the year, the reservation system is required.
I would highly recommend looking at BB offers. Each time you stay you can book BB offers for future stay. Current resort BB discounts are 25-35% off room rates. You may get a discount without purchasing an AP that it sounds like you may not use often.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest