Annual Pass Holder's can add dinning starting today

kwsoccerkid

Earning My Ears
I just got off the phone booking my (Room only) May trip and they ask me if I would like to add the dinning plan Basic or deluxe they said annual pass holder's can get the plan starting 2/20/08.

We had our first APs last year and the only things we got were free parking at the parks, small discount at World of Disney store, small discount on a tour (Behind the Seeds), small discount on Sea Raycers and discounts for 3 separate parties (P&P, MNSSHP and MVMCP). We didn't get any other perks. No room discounts were offered for any of our 4 trips. It's about time they start offering APholders more benefits. Alas, ours expired last Nov. :rolleyes:

Yep, once they make the DDP entirely useless, they offer it up to AP holders.

Yep -- I was thinking the same thing!

This seems like a pretty good indication that the number of people using the plan has declined...hope that sends a message to Disney.

My friend and I thought about getting the dining plan for our trip last June, but having traveled with her to Disney before and knowing how I tend to eat at Disney, we don't always have the time or the need for a table service everyday. The dining plan just doesn't make sense for the way we eat when we do to Disney World. On the other hand, I might think about it for my December trip which at this point is a solo and if I'm by myself I might make myself a little more disciplined about eating. Besides in December the heat won't be making not want to eat the way it did in June. I'll just have to do the math to see if it makes sense.

Kim

Yep, once they make the DDP entirely useless, they offer it up to AP holders.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the offer. When I first purchased my AP before the DDP changes I was thinking of all these ways I could buy a one day ticket, exchange it, and so on... so I could still have the DDP with my AP. Now the plan is so bad that they are flat out offering it because no one wants it, and unfortunately I do not want it either.
:confused3

I'm right there with ya, and isn't it sad when we're all just a bit ... um..... not suspicious, but really nonchalant when Disney offers up something as an "added benefit" or a "plus"?? *sigh*

I think this shows they have lost more DP people than they thought they would so they need to open to even more people.

Does that mean you can book a discounted room and then add the dining plan? Before you could only add the dining plan if you payed rack rate for your room.

Does that mean you can book a discounted room and then add the dining plan? Before you could only add the dining plan if you payed rack rate for your room.

Yes they are offering the dining plan in addition to your AP room discount.

To all those booking the DDP with the AP discount. What Disney is doing is giving you the AP discount and combing the DDP as a package. Because its a package normal package policies apply; cancellation, deposits, etc.
Just an FYI.

They certainly tried to push it (along with the vacation insurance) when I went to get my room discount.

I declined the dining plan.

Hello Everyone: I hearing a lot of negative stuff about the new changes to dining plan. Can someone catch me up.

Linda

Hello Everyone: I hearing a lot of negative stuff about the new changes to dining plan. Can someone catch me up.

Linda
I think what you are speaking of is two-fold.
1. The menus in most of the table service restaurants on Disney property have become very homoginized and generic. The selections are very limited now and many guests blame the dining plan for the lack of selection.
2. Some guests think the quality of the food has diminished since the inception of the dining plan.

Starting in 2008 Disney made cost structure changes to the dining plan. The appetizer was removed from table service meals, and the tip was removed as part of the table service meal. The cost of the plan was reduced by $1 per day from $38.99 to $37.99 and $10.99 to $9.99 for children. The drop in price does not come close to what was removed from the plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter