Anne Frank House- what time to book

lpm23

Mouseketeer
Hello

Has anyone asked ABD best time to book Anne Frank house if looking to do on last day oyo? Thx

I can't speak to ABD recommendations but my wife and I have been to Amsterdam a couple of times in the past few years and visited the Anne Frank House (AFH). Both times we went to AFH just before opening and had a very short 15 - 20 minute wait to get in. However after our tour was over and we left the Anne Frank House the line was snaked back and forth and was extremely long. One of those trips it was pouring rain and still no one was leaving the line. I don't know what it might look like mid-morning, in the afternoon or before closing but from our two visit occurrence we recommended to others to get there early or be ready for a wait.

You have to plan very carefully. They wouldn't even let us enter the line 10 minutes before the time on our tickets that I bought online. Right now you can only buy tickets online. I would make it for as late in the day as possible to try and avoid conflicting with any of the day's adventures. Here's what the website says right now:

"All visitors need to purchase an online ticket with a time slot in advance.Tickets will be released two months in advance and on the day itself. The demand for online tickets is often greater than the supply, especially during holiday periods and at weekends. We therefore advise you to plan your visit to the Anne Frank House and to purchase an online ticket on time."

Our tickets were for debarkation day at 9:30 and that seemed to work well. Breakfast ends at 8:30 and you need to vacate your cabin by 9. It's not too far of a walk, so we left our bags on the ship and returned to get them about 11:30. FYI, online tickets that include an oral presentation and then the regular tour of the museum are released 2 weeks in advance. I thought our docent was wonderful and that it really added to our overall experience.

Just back from a great trip on the Rhine. FYI there is really no time to fit it in on the last full day of the trip unless you skip one of the excursions. For reference the morning excursions ended around noon after starting at 8 am. The afternoon excursions went from 2 - 6:15/6:30 pm and then dinner started at 7.

Very early. The line will fill up quickly, especially if you're there in Summer. I went in January so the line was pretty short near the end of the day as well, but when I walked by the following day at lunch time the line was over 1 block long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts