Animal Kingdom Rope Drop Strategy?

ccarolinec

Earning My Ears
So..I have a solo trip coming up in May (19-24) and am planning to rope drop animal kingdom on that Wednesday the 22nd. I was able to get a fastpass for FOP around 12:45, so I figure I don't need to rope drop that (unless it's worth riding twice?). My main question is, should I rope drop River Journey (if so, how early should I arrive assuming most people head to FOP-I have no problem getting up/arriving early), or wait until park closing to hop in line and instead head to Everest and Dinosaur first? Any advice is appreciated as I keep seeing conflicting things.

Ride FOP as many times as possible. Get to AK 75 minutes before park open. Make the intense fast walk to FOP and then ride NRJ with only a 0-5 minute wait. You'll have both done by 15ish minutes after official park opening and can do some other things before your 12:45 FOP FP+.

Being solo at RD is great! You can just walk fast and not have to worry about losing a significant other, child, great-grandmother, dog, etc. !:smooth:

So..I have a solo trip coming up in May (19-24) and am planning to rope drop animal kingdom on that Wednesday the 22nd. I was able to get a fastpass for FOP around 12:45, so I figure I don't need to rope drop that (unless it's worth riding twice?). My main question is, should I rope drop River Journey (if so, how early should I arrive assuming most people head to FOP-I have no problem getting up/arriving early), or wait until park closing to hop in line and instead head to Everest and Dinosaur first? Any advice is appreciated as I keep seeing conflicting things.

If you want to ride Na'vi River Journey, you should rope drop it, since most will head for FOP, and then you can head for the Safari or Everest, otherwise the Safari or Everest is your best bet for a rope drop. Dinosaur should be easy to manage without much wait most of the day. About an hour ahead of open for AK now. Since you are solo, also time your meals for off-peak times and use the peak meal times to get rides taken care of. Shorter lines.

Ride FOP as many times as you can, so that is where I would head first! Everest has a single rider line, and I have never waited more than 15 minutes for it. Dinosaur is hit and miss but is usually not too bad all day.

FoP is definitely worth riding more than once! Absolutely follow Disdreaming’s advice above! And 75 minutes means 75 minutes. If you oversleep don’t bother to attempt rope drop because just a few minutes late makes a huge difference.

Ride FOP as many times as possible. Get to AK 75 minutes before park open. Make the intense fast walk to FOP and then ride NRJ with only a 0-5 minute wait. You'll have both done by 15ish minutes after official park opening and can do some other things before your 12:45 FOP FP+.

Being solo at RD is great! You can just walk fast and not have to worry about losing a significant other, child, great-grandmother, dog, etc. !:smooth:
Thank you for the advice! This was my original idea but I was worried NRJ would get a huge wait by the time I get off FOP, but it seems that won't be a problem :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter