Animal Kingdom reducing attraction hours

Very very surprised by 45 minute emh ??????

They could have cut 25% of the days on which there are EMH and made the same savings ... and at least it would be an honest cut ... or "right sizing" or whatever they want to call it.

It's dishonest to call it "EMH" where H stands for "hour". Exactly the same as a when a potato chip company reduces the chips but keeps the same bag with the top part opaque so it looks like you get a full bag.

This is a dumb, self-defeating, desperate, dishonest policy that a lot of CEOs and beancounters fool themselves into adopting.

It's not that WDW and other companies have an unexplained rash of dishonesty breaking out ... this is a common reaction to monetary inflation which tends to erode people's moral and intellectual faculties ...

Good grief, I suppose all of the amateur economists on the boards will be linking every price increase or service reduction from now on to employee pay raises. I hate to point out that prices have increased and services have been reduced in the past without the excuse of pay raises to place the blame on. Of course in those cases, the amateur economists claimed it was fiduciary responsibility to stockholders, smart business, letting the market dictate the prices, yada yada yada. Bottom line is things cost more over time, even (GASP!) employees.

To the OP's point, AK always used to close early prior to the onset of Pandora mania, so it's not surprising to see Disney changing up some of the operating times.

I checked a bunch of other dates and couldn’t find any 45 minute ones. Has anyone seen any?

And this is one of the ever-growing reasons I won't be visiting Disney again for a veeeeerry long time. :rolleyes:

I was born into a family of life-long DVC members and was indoctrinated as anyone could possibly be - but that was only until Disney's nickel and diming for half (if that) the magic became so blatant that even rose Mickey glasses couldn't cover it up.

And this is one of the ever-growing reasons I won't be visiting Disney again for a veeeeerry long time. :rolleyes:

I was born into a family of life-long DVC members and was indoctrinated as anyone could possibly be - but that was only until Disney's nickel and diming for half (if that) the magic became so blatant that even rose Mickey glasses couldn't cover it up.
That's not really fair because if you had enough money I"m sure you could keep those rose colored glasses on.

So am I correct that there's no Rivers of Light during the fall and winter? Before RoL, the hours were generally similar to this.

That's not really fair because if you had enough money I"m sure you could keep those rose colored glasses on.

Ah you're one of those... we must question the financial ability of a stranger on a Disboards forum because they don't see value in paying more for an overpriced product that is proven to continually offer less. I don't care what a business is selling - I won't pay premium prices for declining value.

Some call that cheap, most call that intelligent. :ssst:

Ah you're one of those... we must question the financial ability of a stranger on a Disboards forum because they don't see value in paying more for an overpriced product that is proven to continually offer less. I don't care what a business is selling - I won't pay premium prices for declining value.

Some call that cheap, most call that intelligent. :ssst:

I was being a bit facetious, no insult meant. Matter of fact, I'm in the same boat you are in that I feel like the value doesn't exceed the cost. However, I have noticed that people with more disposable income seem to enjoy it as much or more than before, hence my idea of money buying magic.

I was being a bit facetious, no insult meant. Matter of fact, I'm in the same boat you are in that I feel like the value doesn't exceed the cost. However, I have noticed that people with more disposable income seem to enjoy it as much or more than before, hence my idea of money buying magic.

Thank you for clarifying! I can relate a bit to that sentiment as I too have seen that to be the case. However as someone who works hard for every dollar I bring home, whether they be for necessities or for fun, I'll always be disinclined to spend them where they have little to no worth. Having seen the declining state of Disney over the years (in cost to value, theming, and stand-out offerings in the theme park industry), and having worked for the Mouse myself, I refuse to support a business that is not making decisions I see value in - even if the poster child of said business is Mickey.

So am I correct that there's no Rivers of Light during the fall and winter? Before RoL, the hours were generally similar to this.

ROL is still running. It's at 6:15 during my trip (December). November seems to have 2-3 shows per night, December and January show one show per night right now.

I really feel like all these little things we're seeing are cutting costs measures for the big celebration in a couple of years. I would sincerely hope it isn't, but it makes sense to me and a few other things I've heard since. It makes me sad that Animal Kingdom was just given a really good fighting chance with Pandora, and now they're taking from it again - at a time when it really needs all the hours and attractions to spread out to as possible, again thanks to Pandora.

ROL is still running. It's at 6:15 during my trip (December). November seems to have 2-3 shows per night, December and January show one show per night right now.
Yup, same. We have the ROL dining package booked for December. It's still referred to as "ROL Show One" on My Disney Experience right now... but I suspect it will be the only show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter