ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE

TA's typically won't have a ton of information unless they personally keep up on all things Disney. ( At least that's what my experience has been ). I usually rely on sites like this one for up to date info.

That said, I've only seen information regarding Simba's Clubhouse closing.

There will be room refurbs in Jambo House starting 8/18 - Fall 2019. They are starting with the villas in the main building.

Here's what I found on a few unofficial sites -
  • 8/1/2018. Jambo House- room refurbishment-
  • Mid 8/2018- Fall 2019. Uzima Springs Pool- Jambo House, Uzima Springs Pool and Uzima Springs Pool Bar closed 9/1/2018- Winter 2018. During this time Samawati Springs Pool and Maji Pool Bar in Kidani Village will be available. A shuttle will be provide to and from the Animal Kingdom Villas to Jambo house. Guests may see or hear construction but noise should not be heard between dusk and 9 AM.
I am concerned these dates may not be accurate. I called WDW twice - the first cast member pulled up a screen that said the pool would be closed all of August. I called back and spoke with a second cast member and he told me the pool and bar are closing September 4th (which makes sense after the holiday). Called the resort itself and they confirmed September 4th.

Why would the first cast member read something different on her screen?

We stayed at the Polynesian about 10 years ago when the resort was one big construction site and swore we would never do it again. I am seriously considering canceling our trip.

Here's what I found on a few unofficial sites -
  • 8/1/2018. Jambo House- room refurbishment-
  • Mid 8/2018- Fall 2019. Uzima Springs Pool- Jambo House, Uzima Springs Pool and Uzima Springs Pool Bar closed 9/1/2018- Winter 2018. During this time Samawati Springs Pool and Maji Pool Bar in Kidani Village will be available. A shuttle will be provide to and from the Animal Kingdom Villas to Jambo house. Guests may see or hear construction but noise should not be heard between dusk and 9 AM.
I am concerned these dates may not be accurate. I called WDW twice - the first cast member pulled up a screen that said the pool would be closed all of August. I called back and spoke with a second cast member and he told me the pool and bar are closing September 4th (which makes sense after the holiday). Called the resort itself and they confirmed September 4th.

Why would the first cast member read something different on her screen?

We stayed at the Polynesian about 10 years ago when the resort was one big construction site and swore we would never do it again. I am seriously considering canceling our trip.
I have heard 9/4/18 for the pool/pool bar. If you talked to the main reservation number they don't always have the correct info. The number you called for the resort is still a call center.

You can send an email to the following. Some people have been moved to other resorts.

Guest Relations
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Chief Executive of Walt Disney World Resort
George Kalogridis
CEO
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!