An Alphabetical Stroll Through Bali and Australia- I is for: It's Been a Long Day; Travel from KI to Tasmania (10/16)

What a gorgeous photo-filled update. It’s made my Sunday morning positively serene :goodvibes
I love that you took the time to speak to a local and learn from him about their traditional celebrations.
I thought my high school was lovely ( convent educated Irish girl here ) but it wasn’t a patch on the one you visited. Simply beautiful.
You really are getting quite the collection of birds this trip.
Looking forward to seeing where your travels take you this day.
I'm so glad you're enjoying the photos! It was such a pleasure to take them and bring them back to share.

I do love learning about where I'm traveling and hearing different perspectives for sure. :)

I am, and I was only just getting started for sure. Australia has some truly stunning birds to find.

Or the best syntax ever?
Once in a while, I do alright. LOL!
I bet there were. Fairly noisy? (In a good way)
Only when I was outside. I didn't notice it in the room since the AC was on constantly (and not working all that well).
Not buying it. You were shooting birds, so were prepared.
Ok, maybe it was a luck-skill combo.
In that movie it was Voodoo related... but how accurate? Movies didn't worry about that too much back in the day.
That is true. And I'd question the accuracy of a lot even now.
mmmm... fresh fruit for brekkie...
:cloud9:

The high school is amazing! How old do you think the statues, etc, are?
I honestly don't know! I do know that there are TONS of cement and stone carving artists that are VERY busy and I think Dewa told me that the art at temples and around businesses and homes is constantly being added to or replaced. I'd imagine the oldest of the old is in the ancient temples (one coming up) but that a lot is pretty new as well. I think the rain and humid climate make for fast moss and lichen growth making them look older than they are.
Did you know that they were going to be celebrating Galungan when we were planning the trip?
NO!!!! I didn't which made it sooooooooo cool!! I had no idea and it was such a stroke of luck!! :dancer:
I'm curious about the clothes that the man is wearing. Was it common for men to wear a "western" shirt with a sarong instead of pants?
Yes, it is. All men wear a white shirt with their sarong which is always very colorful and beautiful. They also wear a white headband as well and flip-flops. I think both men and women wear sashes as well and get this! (I'll include in a future chapter) ALL men and women are by Indonesian law required to wear traditional clothing every Thursday as an effort to preserve traditional culture! I mean... wow.
The little Java sparrow is cute. You must have thousands of pictures. :)
Aren't they so cute?! I loved the very novel-to-me birds there!

It depends on how exhausted I am... but usually pretty good, actually. :)
Lucky you!!
I wouldn't know. I haven't had an opportunity to travel east past Hawaii.
I super hope you do someday. It's really quite something and each country is so different culturally.
Sure. That's 4pm central time... mid to late afternoon.
Heh. But the best part was that is the only time of day it wasn't stifling.
Must have been quite the sight!
It really was, and so unexpected! Had no idea it was a holiday at all when I booked the trip so was such a bonus.
Maybe the best of the lot. :)
Like this shot with the locals in it. :)
Thanks! I liked that one too!
I am too. I mean... They're places of worship. Shouldn't they be used as such?
THIS! I was honestly disgusted at the Instagrammers who were only there to take selfies and just be generally disrespectful of the purpose of the space and people.
I'm glad you asked. So many people just... don't.
And that is a shame. Most are going to say yes, and it provides a great opportunity to engage the local people and you can learn so much.
:) Another asked for photo.
It's the polite thing to do. On the Navajo or Hopi reservation it is a HUGE no-no to take a photo especially without asking.
Oh! I was so wrapped up in everything you'd already seen and done, that I thought it was a full day already! You're only just getting started!
Nope!!! Already took in tons by 9:00!
That sounds so good. A far cry from my last hotel "breakfast" of choice of cheerios or a pastry of dubious freshness.
Just...ew. 🤮
Were they different from here? Old and brown?
I have no idea... I think on fruit carts I only saw the little kind, but only ate smooshed ones in my pancakes.
Camera or phone? Pretty tough with the former and not easy even with the right lens on the latter.
That was the camera with my 75-300 on. And even then they were grainy/low quality.

Gosh I've fallen behind here! We've just got back from a few days in Kuala Lumpur and boy was I feeling your pain with the heat and humidity
Oh neat!! My daughter was in a friend's wedding there and absolutely LOVED it! She said she's never eaten so much in her life! LOL!!!
Gotta love SE Asia for value! Must be even better for you with the USD.
Exactly. It's absolutely zero surprise that it attracts tourism- they do it well and it's affordable.
Convenience is always my biggest priority for accommodation. Sounds like this fit the bill nicely.
For sure!! I mean, next time I go, I might opt for a small village out of the city just to have more of a local flavor, but not for a first visit. This trip though it was a perfect option for the things I wanted to see and do.
Very nice! I was wondering what your breakfast was like until the following update. Sounds delish!
It was really just right. My lunch was quite light so this fit the bill.
Yep, I wouldn't know what Tylenol is either lol! Panadol is what we have in Australia too.
I've heard of Panadol too, but I think at least here in the States, Panadol is marketed specifically for our pediatric kiddos. I love learning about the various formulations around the world. :)
Luckily Kwells seem to make a good difference for me, so I always make sure I'm stocked up. It's really only a problem if the flight gets a bit bumpy, but you never know in advance so I just take them religiously before flying and every 4 hours. If you wait until you feel sick it's too late. I use them for motion sickness in theme parks too.
I've never heard of that! HUH!! And you're right, if you haven't taken anything BEFORE YOU get sick, ain't nothing gonna help. :laughing: We had a ferry ride from hell coming back from Delos Island a couple of years ago and there were a ton of pukers. One lady had some orange essential oil that she started passing around, and while I'm a bit of a skeptic i general, this truly did work! I was shocked and will def recommend to others.
I enjoyed learning Indonesian, but to be honest, wasn't that good at it. Even after 7 years of study I always had trouble understanding spoken language. It was fun though just being in Malaysia and being able to pick up some words here and there and having some of the vocab come back (Malaysian and Indonesian are pretty much the same base language - I'm sure there are nuances that I don't pick up on!).
I had the same problem with Kazakh. I could speak pretty well, but had a harder time understanding. Unless the speaker intentionally slowed down UGH, it was tough. We could understand a bit of Turkish and a fair amount of Kyrgyz, but even knowing a little of a foreign language is really fun.
Wow this is a stunning photo!
Aww, thanks!! It was one of my favorites too. :)
Haha that was unexpected! I always think some of the high schools in Europe look amazing too!
My high school was so utilitarian and boring. This was like a museum and so much of it open air too. I loved strolling around and seeing the differences.
Very interesting to hear more about the holiday. I'd actually never heard of Galungan before!
I hadn't either! It was super fun to have accidentally come across it.

ALL men and women are by Indonesian law required to wear traditional clothing every Thursday as an effort to preserve traditional culture!
Wow I'd never heard of this either! That's very cool.

Oh neat!! My daughter was in a friend's wedding there and absolutely LOVED it! She said she's never eaten so much in her life! LOL!!!
Malaysian food is my absolute favourite - give me all the roti, rendang, nasi lemak and satay 🤤

I've heard of Panadol too, but I think at least here in the States, Panadol is marketed specifically for our pediatric kiddos. I love learning about the various formulations around the world. :)
I always find the subtle differences so interesting. One thing I can never believe when I'm in the US is the amount of prescription medication advertised on TV lol!

I've never heard of that! HUH!! And you're right, if you haven't taken anything BEFORE YOU get sick, ain't nothing gonna help. :laughing: We had a ferry ride from hell coming back from Delos Island a couple of years ago and there were a ton of pukers. One lady had some orange essential oil that she started passing around, and while I'm a bit of a skeptic i general, this truly did work! I was shocked and will def recommend to others.
Oh, Kwells are amazing! I'm not sure what's in them but man they work well. I've actually got orange essential oil but never thought to try it for motion sickness! I was once sick for about 12 hours of the flight from LA to Sydney when I'd forgotten my Kwells (truly a hell on earth) - they tried pressure points, ice, ginger... nothing worked.

My high school was so utilitarian and boring. This was like a museum and so much of it open air too. I loved strolling around and seeing the differences.
My high school looked like a prison :rotfl: They've done renovations over the years and it looks a little more appealing now.

Once in a while, I do alright. LOL!
:laughing:
Ok, maybe it was a luck-skill combo.
1717629457208.png
I super hope you do someday. It's really quite something and each country is so different culturally.
Maybe someday. :)
It really was, and so unexpected! Had no idea it was a holiday at all when I booked the trip so was such a bonus.
Good timing!
THIS! I was honestly disgusted at the Instagrammers who were only there to take selfies and just be generally disrespectful of the purpose of the space and people.
I know that climbing the pyramid at Chichén Itzá used to be a thing, but the government outlawed it in 2008 to protect it. People still do it though, despite that, and occasionally pay the price...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/m...d/EL5KGLB4CNC5ZONNZCKAMX3LLE/#google_vignette

And that is a shame. Most are going to say yes, and it provides a great opportunity to engage the local people and you can learn so much.
Good point!
It's the polite thing to do. On the Navajo or Hopi reservation it is a HUGE no-no to take a photo especially without asking.
I wasn't sure if it was still relevant or not. Good to know.
I remember the joke about someone trying to take a photo of a native american and was told he couldn't (by the native american being photographed). The photographer apologized and asked if it was because of his beliefs and the native american replied "No. Your lens cap is still on."
Nope!!! Already took in tons by 9:00!
So much! :worship:
Just...ew. 🤮
Wasn't the best.
That was the camera with my 75-300 on. And even then they were grainy/low quality.
Huh! Surprised at that... unless they're cropped in?

N is for: Nice Views of New Rice

Right at 9:00, Dewa arrived to pick me up at the Abipraya for my day’s tour. I’d sent him a preferred route MONTHS ahead of time and we’d agreed on a price for the Airport Pick-up and 2 full-day excursions, one of which included the return to Denpasar for my flight out. Basically, it was about $150 for both days and the short airport pick-up and short tour on the way to Ubud. I thought this was extraordinarily reasonable for the amount of work and attention he and the other driver (I had a different one for the return) gave me.

Just like everyone else on the island, Dewa was decked out in his holiday finery. His usual, infectious smile was such a wonderful addition to his enthusiastic greeting and running commentary throughout the day.

He got me settled into the SUV, pointed out the water he provided, and took a moment to make some minor adjustments to his dashboard offering before we set off.

(Leaving town)

(More holiday finery)

(I can't remember if I posted that photo before, but it's with this batch so...?)

Our first destination was the Abian Desa Rice Terrace. I had asked Dewa to take me to the Ceking Rice Field, but with a grin on his face, he told me he would suggest a “much better place- with a lot fewer tourists”! I like how he thinks!!! Just about a kilometer north beyond the FAR more visited Ceking and Mupu Terraces, we parked, I paid my entrance fee (yes, every place ANY tourists are going to show up, there will be a modest fee to get in), and Dewa and I set up a meeting place. Basically, he gave me some directions to the best photo places and set me free for as long as I wanted.

(The translation makes me giggle.)

So, a word on rice: Dewa gave me a bit of a spiel along the way about rice farming and its growth cycle. In a nutshell, rice takes 3 months from planting to harvest. Each little clump is hand sown during long days of excruciating, back-bending work. The fields are then left “dry” for a short time to let the roots “grab”, then they are flooded using, in this case, a terraced system. So, a series of progressively lower fields are constructed, and water is let in as needed depending on the stage the rice is at in its life cycle and rainfall. It is hand-harvested as well. The only stage that is machinated is the threshing which is done at another location and returned to the farmer/family for distribution or consumption. They also grow wild rice and sticky rice, but those take longer so most farmers don't. Also, I asked how much land it would take to feed a family. He estimated that a 2 x 2m plot would produce about a kg. of rice per cycle. His family eats 1 1/2 kgs. of rice every single meal so you can imagine how much rice needs to be grown.

(Ready for planting)

(Ready for harvesting when it's yellow like that ^)

(Newly planted terraces)

The terraced rice fields of Bali are, admittedly, one of the more touristy things to see and do there. Nevertheless, I did want to try and photograph them as best I could and see them up close for myself; they are, to be true, very exotic and beautiful. Given some time to explore I headed off in the direction that Dewa pointed me to. The trails are at times muddy and difficult to navigate. Some places had abrupt drop-offs to a flooded field to one side and a swiftly flowing canal to the other. I trudged on scanning the views as I went and shooting photos now and then. Mostly I was trying not to drown in a foreign rice field or at best not make a scene. Going down was fairly easy and I had the most wonderful vistas along the way. There were zero other tourists to crowd my photos and that me made about as happy as finding a 15-minute queue for Flights of Passage. (That only happens when you run at rope drop.)

About the point where I’d decided that I’d risked my dry clothes long enough and turned back, there was an old woman sitting in a shade structure folding offering baskets for the fields and her family. I watched her in silence for a while and she tried pretending not to care if I did. She paid about as much attention to me as a Buckingham Palace Guard might. I gestured to my camera to ask for her photo and she grunted and nodded yes so I snapped a photo or two and continued on- this time back the way I’d come.

(Some of the things in her hut)

Perhaps she tends the veggie gardens interspersed between the rice paddies?

(Eggplant)

It may not surprise you terribly that going up was not nearly as easy as going down. The steps can be rather steep, and some even have “cheater ropes” to help you along the way. As out of shape and weak as I am these days, it’s quite a miracle I made it back out without a rescue crew hauling me back out on a litter. Because the trails are winding with no straight lines to anywhere, I’d found myself quite a bit off to another side of the designated meeting place which afforded a few extra photo spots.

The area I’d ascended to was a bit more “traveled” and was where the touristy things happened. One, as you may have seen in Instagram, is the famous Bali swings. For about $10, they provide a giant swath of red fabric, harness you onto a huge swing, push you out, then take photos of you for you to purchase. I opted out but this gives you an idea.

What I did get talked into by Dewa, who had now found me as I walked back towards the meeting place, was posing in the other “Bali thing” - a woven basket seat. They are all over the island, at waterfalls, rice fields, etc… They turned out okay for a 50+ year old. I was thinking I should start an Instagram for a middle-aged, old fart, travel nut giving tips on how to navigate long plane rides, adventure without breaking the bank, tour while having to apply Voltaren gel to the places that hurt, and needing a bathroom every 30 minutes.

With that, the rice field stop was over and we set off for the next stop- a beautiful temple outside of town.

Last edited:
Gorgeous photos! I had heard about terraced rice paddies (in general, not specifically to Bali) but had always imagined each terrace to be larger and therefore not nearly as steep.

(Leaving town)
Cool picture!
It is funny that no one corrected it before it was printed.
In a nutshell, rice takes 3 months from planting to harvest.
I had no idea it took so long.
The terraced rice fields of Bali are, admittedly, one of the more touristy things to see and do there.
The terraces are amazing and very beautiful. Do you know what the walls of the terraces were made of?
With that, the rice field stop was over and we set off for the next stop- a beautiful temple outside of town.
Dewa did a great job with his trip suggestions. :)

Basically, it was about $150 for both days and the short airport pick-up and short tour on the way to Ubud.
Not bad at all.
I thought this was extraordinarily reasonable for the amount of work and attention he and the other driver (I had a different one for the return) gave me.
::yes::
His usual, infectious smile was such a wonderful addition to his enthusiastic greeting and running commentary throughout the day.
That adds a lot. A surly tour guide can ruin a tour.
IMG_3298-L.jpg
Nice to put a face to the name. :)
took a moment to make some minor adjustments to his dashboard offering before we set off.

Interesting. Even in vehicles. Huh.
But... in an accident, I don't know if I want that flying into my face.
Wow! What a gorgeous view!
(I can't remember if I posted that photo before, but it's with this batch so...?)
Nope! Haven't seen it.
I had asked Dewa to take me to the Ceking Rice Field, but with a grin on his face, he told me he would suggest a “much better place- with a lot fewer tourists”!
Boy, hiring a local guide is sure paying off.
(yes, every place ANY tourists are going to show up, there will be a modest fee to get in)
Define "modest". Like... around $5USD?
I hate it when it's muddly out.

Actually, while I do get a bit of a kick out of those sorts of things, I always remind myself that their English is far better than my Indonsesian/Balinese.
In a nutshell, rice takes 3 months from planting to harvest.
I had no idea. You could've told me it takes 3 years and I would've believed you.
Each little clump is hand sown during long days of excruciating, back-bending work.
Ugh... I've seen pictures of people bent over in rice paddies... excruciating definitely comes to mind.
The fields are then left “dry” for a short time to let the roots “grab”, then they are flooded
Huh. I just thought they were permanently wet.
The only stage that is machinated is the threshing which is done at another location and returned to the farmer/family for distribution or consumption.
Interesting. I would've thought that the entire process was done "in house".
He estimated that a 2 x 2m plot would produce about a kg. of rice per cycle. His family eats 1 1/2 kgs. of rice every single meal so you can imagine how much rice needs to be grown.
So... Based on a cycle of 3 months, and an average of 30 days/month... they eat 45kgs/month so need 45x(2x2) or about 180 square meters... times 3. So to feed a family 1.5kgs of rice every day, they need 540 square meters. That might sound like a lot but an average football field is about 5,000 square meters. Call it ballpark about 1/10th the size of a football field.

(Newly planted terraces)
Such cool shots!
they are, to be true, very exotic and beautiful.
I highly doubt the locals feel that way about them, however.
Mostly I was trying not to drown in a foreign rice field or at best not make a scene.
Dying, no problem. Dying while looking silly? Problem!
There were zero other tourists to crowd my photos
Perfect. :)
and that me made about as happy as finding a 15-minute queue for Flights of Passage. (That only happens when you run at rope drop.)
So... you're saying you're blown away and shocked??
I love this shot. Breathtaking... and the scale of the people in the photo! That just elevates it through the roof.
I watched her in silence for a while and she tried pretending not to care if I did. She paid about as much attention to me as a Buckingham Palace Guard might. I gestured to my camera to ask for her photo and she grunted and nodded yes so I snapped a photo or two and continued on
Lady's busy. You're lucky she didn't throw her sandal at your head.
Like this shot with the offering in the foreground. :)
It may not surprise you terribly that going up was not nearly as easy as going down.
Shocked! Shocked, I say!
As out of shape and weak as I am these days, it’s quite a miracle I made it back out without a rescue crew hauling me back out on a litter.
"We need the evac helicopter at the rice fields... again."
"Not another out-of-shape tourist!"
"Yep. Another one. 8th one this... day."
Looks pretty slippery, too. :scared:
I see the flag. Lots of water hazards on this golf course.
Cool mushroom shot! :thumbsup2
One, as you may have seen in Instagram, is the famous Bali swings. For about $10, they provide a giant swath of red fabric, harness you onto a huge swing, push you out, then take photos of you for you to purchase.
I have seen that swing. Or one like it at least. Looks kinda fun, but... I don't need to do it.
I was thinking I should start an Instagram for a middle-aged, old fart, travel nut giving tips on how to navigate long plane rides, adventure without breaking the bank, tour while having to apply Voltaren gel to the places that hurt, and needing a bathroom every 30 minutes.
:lmao:
Pretty shot of you. :)
popcorn::

Lovely photos of the rice terraces. They certainly are beautiful - it's no surprise they've become such a tourist trap!

I was thinking I should start an Instagram for a middle-aged, old fart, travel nut giving tips on how to navigate long plane rides, adventure without breaking the bank, tour while having to apply Voltaren gel to the places that hurt, and needing a bathroom every 30 minutes.
I'd read that 😆

Wow I'd never heard of this either! That's very cool.
I sure thought so!
Malaysian food is my absolute favourite - give me all the roti, rendang, nasi lemak and satay 🤤
You're making me hungry!!!
I always find the subtle differences so interesting. One thing I can never believe when I'm in the US is the amount of prescription medication advertised on TV lol!
I've heard that. I don't ever watch TV unless it's an occasional NCIS that I watch with my folks before bed, so don't notice those at all.
Oh, Kwells are amazing! I'm not sure what's in them but man they work well. I've actually got orange essential oil but never thought to try it for motion sickness! I was once sick for about 12 hours of the flight from LA to Sydney when I'd forgotten my Kwells (truly a hell on earth) - they tried pressure points, ice, ginger... nothing worked.
I did a little digging and found that it's the same active ingredient as Dramamine (hyoscine hydrobromine) so I can absolutely see that working. I think here in the US we generally recommend meclizine as it's a bit less sedating, but hey, if the goal is to be less sick and get a bit of a nap, then yep! Good choice!! Glad you found something that works as air sickness sucks really bad! I wonder if the orange could be used as an add-on.
My high school looked like a prison :rotfl: They've done renovations over the years and it looks a little more appealing now.
That sounds dreadful!! There's gotta be something to be said for an aesthetic space playing a big part in facilitating education.

Maybe someday. :)
:goodvibes
I know that climbing the pyramid at Chichén Itzá used to be a thing, but the government outlawed it in 2008 to protect it. People still do it though, despite that, and occasionally pay the price...
Oh dear.... that'll learn 'em.
I wasn't sure if it was still relevant or not. Good to know.
I remember the joke about someone trying to take a photo of a native american and was told he couldn't (by the native american being photographed). The photographer apologized and asked if it was because of his beliefs and the native american replied "No. Your lens cap is still on."
:laughing: :rotfl: :lmao:
Huh! Surprised at that... unless they're cropped in?
Admittedly, some are.

Gorgeous photos! I had heard about terraced rice paddies (in general, not specifically to Bali) but had always imagined each terrace to be larger and therefore not nearly as steep.
Thanks!! Yes, each one is only maybe 20'x 8' or so? on average that is. Which, you're right, can make for a steep terrain.

It is funny that no one corrected it before it was printed.
I am too; maybe no one is proofing or consulting?
I had no idea it took so long.
I learned a TON about rice this trip. More than I ever thought I would!
The terraces are amazing and very beautiful. Do you know what the walls of the terraces were made of?
They were just piled up mud and left to harden in the sun, they get rearranged fairly often.
Dewa did a great job with his trip suggestions. :)
He really did. And he has some more super fun places coming up!

That adds a lot. A surly tour guide can ruin a tour.
We'll get to that...
Interesting. Even in vehicles. Huh.
But... in an accident, I don't know if I want that flying into my face.
No one drives super fast there; too much traffic.
Wow! What a gorgeous view!
I sure thought so!
Boy, hiring a local guide is sure paying off.
It's really the very best way to go. You learn so much more and get into places you might not otherwise. Plus, they enjoy the income.
Define "modest". Like... around $5USD?
Yep, that's about right.
I hate it when it's muddly out.
HAHA! Great word!
Actually, while I do get a bit of a kick out of those sorts of things, I always remind myself that their English is far better than my Indonsesian/Balinese.
Very true, although, it's not like there's a lack of English speakers there who could do this for free in 3 minutes. I dunno, adds some fun to it though.
Ugh... I've seen pictures of people bent over in rice paddies... excruciating definitely comes to mind.
My back hurts thinking about it!
Huh. I just thought they were permanently wet.
Nope! Gotta let them dry for at least a bit of time.
Interesting. I would've thought that the entire process was done "in house".
I'm sure it was at one point, but maybe that part is just too labor intensive and difficult?
So... Based on a cycle of 3 months, and an average of 30 days/month... they eat 45kgs/month so need 45x(2x2) or about 180 square meters... times 3. So to feed a family 1.5kgs of rice every day, they need 540 square meters. That might sound like a lot but an average football field is about 5,000 square meters. Call it ballpark about 1/10th the size of a football field.
I was hoping someone would do the actual math on this. Thanks, that puts it in perfect perspective!
Such cool shots!
Thanks, I'm really pleased with how they turned out.
I highly doubt the locals feel that way about them, however.
No, I'm sure not. Rice farmers are considered lower on the social scale, but they sure have my utter respect!
Dying, no problem. Dying while looking silly? Problem!
:lmao: YESSSSS!!!!!
So... you're saying you're blown away and shocked??
No.

Out of breath.

I love this shot. Breathtaking... and the scale of the people in the photo! That just elevates it through the roof.
Aww, thanks. It's one of my favorites of the lot as well.
Lady's busy. You're lucky she didn't throw her sandal at your head.
CHANCLA!!!!

1718292163557.png
Like this shot with the offering in the foreground. :)
My other favorite!
"We need the evac helicopter at the rice fields... again."
"Not another out-of-shape tourist!"
"Yep. Another one. 8th one this... day."
Haha! I do wonder how they handle serious medical emergencies if need arises.
Looks pretty slippery, too. :scared:
It was. Bit of a dicey proposition at points.
I see the flag. Lots of water hazards on this golf course.
LOL!! Now that would be a sport!
I have seen that swing. Or one like it at least. Looks kinda fun, but... I don't need to do it.
Same, same. Fu to get a photo, but no need to really do it.

Lovely photos of the rice terraces. They certainly are beautiful - it's no surprise they've become such a tourist trap!

I'd read that 😆
Aww, thanks! :) They really are. I think they're doing well at preserving the utility and function, while allowing it to be a modest money maker at the same time.

Oh dear.... that'll learn 'em.
::yes::
We'll get to that...
Uh oh…
No one drives super fast there; too much traffic.
I did think of that.
Guess worst case is it falls off.
It's really the very best way to go. You learn so much more and get into places you might not otherwise. Plus, they enjoy the income.
Winn win win. :)
My back hurts thinking about it!
Mine too!
was hoping someone would do the actual math on this. Thanks, that puts it in perfect perspective!
:teacher:
No.

Out of breath.

CHANCLA!!!!

1718292163557.png

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest