American Girl and Disney Character Warehouse in one “day out”

We’ve done this is LA when my daughter was younger. Including lunch, looking around, her doll get her ears pierced, from memory we were 2.5 - 3 hours. It was a big deal for us too (we don’t have AG in Australia). So depending on her age I think it’s totally ok. Make sure you book lunch and makeover before going. I’m not familiar with the character warehouse.

you'll have plenty of time to do both in one day. The AG store isn't that large. I"d plan on about an hour for lunch and maybe an hour to look around. Depending on the wait the hairstyle for the doll will only take about 10 minutes. I think 3 hours is more than enough time to see the AG store and have lunch. The Character Warehouse shouldn't be more than an hour depending on how packed it is that day.

My daughters can spend HOURS in AG stores! Book lunch there early, and the food is not great. But doll ear piercing, hairdos, and SHOPPING! can all take a while. Maybe my kids are indecisive, but 3 hours at AG would be about right.

Easily can do both but I wouldn't waste money on an uber to just go to the disney character warehouse, selection is often not that great at all, if wanting to go to the outlets to shop elsewhere and have fun then that would be a bit different.

I would plan 3-4 hours at AG, we actually like the food. Its such a fun store, worst case you are done sooner but nice to know you have the time.

Heads up on Character warehouse.
1. it will likely be crowded, as in, expect 30 minutes in line to checkout. Your result may vary. My wife is waaay more patient than me, she has waited in that line. I have not found anything I had to have in any of our visits that was worth the line (to me)
2. They may not have anything interesting to you on your visit, it's luck of the draw. Maybe you can find some shoes at another store so it's not a lost trip. ;-)
3. Parking is a frigging nightmare there, UBER will save you some time. ;-)

I'd recommend going to one of the cheesy gift shops in addition to DCW, you are guaranteed to find some cheap stuff to take home. Walmart by the park has a huge section of Disney Stuff. Target does, as well, but it doesn't seem like as much. Depends on your preference.

Also.. the Crayola Experience is in the Florida Mall, and it's a lot of fun! You can find deals on Groupon for it, if needed. We have been a couple times, and you can spend as much time as your patience allows. We went back in October, and our kids were 10, 8 , and 6. They stayed for hours, and only left when I told them we could go to Buca de Bepo (chain Italian place next to Crayola, they love it...huge bowls of spaghetti)

have fun!

The tea at the AG store is nice. It’s a lot of food & cheaper than the regular menu. You can reserve online.

We did the AG cafe/shopping eons ago in NYC and recently did the vineland outets. The AG cafe/shoppig experience Is well worth it if your daughter is really into it. If memory serves, the food was meaeocore but as with Disney you are paying for your surroundings not the food.

We recenty, within the last month went to the character warehouse at the Vineland outlets our experience was nothing like the posters above. There were plenty of people in the store but I didn't wait more than 5 minutes in line. It's very possible I got lucky. If your flexible with your plans I would plan both malls on a week day during the day while locals are at work/school ect... Have a blast!!

I think a trip to the AG store is well worth it. It is such a fun girls' day. If you can get there during one of the tea times, I highly recommend it. I would plan on abour 2 hours there.

Like a PP mentioned, the Crayola experience is also at Florida Mall and is so much fun for kids and adults. We easily spend 4 hours there each time we visit.

I would not uber to the character warehouse. We have been a few times because we drive to Orlando and yeah, the prices are good, but we don't usually find a ton that we want. $30 round trip uber fare to buy $25 of cheap souvenirs? No thanks.

I think a trip to the AG store is well worth it. It is such a fun girls' day. If you can get there during one of the tea times, I highly recommend it. I would plan on abour 2 hours there.

Like a PP mentioned, the Crayola experience is also at Florida Mall and is so much fun for kids and adults. We easily spend 4 hours there each time we visit.

I would not uber to the character warehouse. We have been a few times because we drive to Orlando and yeah, the prices are good, but we don't usually find a ton that we want. $30 round trip uber fare to buy $25 of cheap souvenirs? No thanks.

Uber was under $10 each way and they have a ton of reasonably priced stores. You can also grab lunch (they had a great grinder place, but I don't remember the name) for 1/4 the cost of a Disney lunch.

Uber was under $10 each way and they have a ton of reasonably priced stores. You can also grab lunch (they had a great grinder place, but I don't remember the name) for 1/4 the cost of a Disney lunch.

OK, but OP said it would cost $15 each way and they were only going for the outlet. So, like I said, it isn't worth it to me in that scenario.

Even for US$10 each way, the DCW is not worth it unless you are really really REALLY lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter