Options instead of Amazon pantry?

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Last year for our trip to Boardwalk I ordered on Amazon same-day delivery food items and I’m think it was “Amazon prime pantry”. I was able to order the day I flew down for same-day delivery later in the day. Was planning to do the same for another trip later this week and was putting items in my cart on Amazon in advance last night. However it turns out it’s now 3-5 day shipping from Amazon pantry. I called Amazon and they tell me that is the standard shipping for pantry items. The only other option is “Amazon fresh” which does offer same day but you have to pay a monthly fee to be a member. I know I did not do that last year so I’m confused. Does anyone know if anything has changed? And if not, what do you recommend for grocery delivery service (primarily cases of water and other drinks). Thanks!

My apologies, think I figured it out. Apparently it was Amazon Prime Now Groceries that I used before, not Amazon Pantry or Amazon Fresh. Too many options LOL. However for Orlando today there are only about 12 items (total!) being offered in Amazon prime now groceries (at least according to my screen) so I’m guessing they are phasing it out. So still looking for options for beverage & snack delivery. Have used Garden Grocer in the past so can always do that if it is still recommended.

We had Safeway delivery. It was great. Had a whole grocery store to select from. We had to be there to receive the delivery because we ordered alcohol.

I used PrimeNow in January, appreciated that I could narrow down the delivery window to one hour, so it didn't conflict with my park fun. My only frustration was the driver 'no speaka de english" and didn't read the very clear address where I was staying.

Yes
Garden Grocer will deliver to Bell Services.
Bell Services will refrigerate perishables.
Bell Services will deliver when you call. You should tip when they deliver

What did you end up doing? I know last Dec, I had a small list and when I went to order, all diet coke and diet pepsi were gone. That threw me. I ended up ordering some other soda, just not my first choice. But looking at the app, there seems to be lots of food choices. Make you just had a glitch or maybe the hit the wrong zipcode?

What did you end up doing? I know last Dec, I had a small list and when I went to order, all diet coke and diet pepsi were gone. That threw me. I ended up ordering some other soda, just not my first choice. But looking at the app, there seems to be lots of food choices. Make you just had a glitch or maybe the hit the wrong zipcode?

Ok let me look again...it was so strange!

Apologize everyone - it turns out when I googled the zip code for the Boardwalk I got incirrect information online. Thanks to the prior poster for suggesting I double check. All set with Prime Now order (not prime pantry or prime fresh!)

My apologies, think I figured it out. Apparently it was Amazon Prime Now Groceries that I used before, not Amazon Pantry or Amazon Fresh. Too many options LOL. However for Orlando today there are only about 12 items (total!) being offered in Amazon prime now groceries (at least according to my screen) so I’m guessing they are phasing it out. So still looking for options for beverage & snack delivery. Have used Garden Grocer in the past so can always do that if it is still recommended.

I'm thinking you'll see many changes to Amazon groceries, particularly now that they acquired the Whole Foods Market chain. We used Garden Grocer and were very happy with their service.

Final question for those who have used Amazon prime now for groceries. I just want to reconfirm that I still don’t need to be at the room for delivery (did not have to last August). And what if I add a few dairy items such as eggs, butter etc - will I have to be there to receive it then?

Final question for those who have used Amazon prime now for groceries. I just want to reconfirm that I still don’t need to be at the room for delivery (did not have to last August). And what if I add a few dairy items such as eggs, butter etc - will I have to be there to receive it then?

Amazon will deliver to bell services during your window. You call bell services when you want things delivered to your room. Bell services will refrigerate or freeze necessary items in their refrigerator/freezer until you are ready to have them delivered to you.

Amazon and other delivery services are not supposed to make deliveries to your room. Everything goes through and is held by bell services.

Amazon will deliver to bell services during your window. You call bell services when you want things delivered to your room. Bell services will refrigerate or freeze necessary items in their refrigerator/freezer until you are ready to have them delivered to you.

Amazon and other delivery services are not supposed to make deliveries to your room. Everything goes through and is held by bell services.

Terrific, that’s what I was hoping for. Thanks!

I used Amazon prime now once (several trips ago). I don't think they asked bell services to refrigerate any items. Instead, they used insulated bags with ice packs in them. It was fine except for one or two frozen items. We didn't call bell services to deliver until later that evening and the ice packs didn't really work for the extended period. Does prime now still use ice packs?

All other services we have used separate the refrigerated, frozen, and other items and have them placed appropriately by bell services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter