Amazing Race season 36

I suspect part of the "you are a 4 person team" "treat the crew like they are your children" instructions include some form of "if you know you have lost them, stop"
I do agree a certain amount of responsibilities for losing the team lies with the crew and don't understand why it took so long for them to catch up. Even if they made their way back to where they were separated and started searching for them from there. Could the time be accounted for if we assume the crew was searching for the team near where they were separated the entire time until the team made it to the task and then had to make there way there after they were alerted the team had checked in?

I suspect part of the "you are a 4 person team" "treat the crew like they are your children" instructions include some form of "if you know you have lost them, stop"
I do agree a certain amount of responsibilities for losing the team lies with the crew and don't understand why it took so long for them to catch up. Even if they made their way back to where they were separated and started searching for them from there. Could the time be accounted for if we assume the crew was searching for the team near where they were separated the entire time until the team made it to the task and then had to make there way there after they were alerted the team had checked in?

Angie even mentioned once they realized they lost their crew that they should probably stop, but then Danny said they should just keep going to the task and let the crew catch up. I agree that the crew might have spent part of the time looking for them, not realizing they would not wait once they lost them.

Angie even mentioned once they realized they lost their crew that they should probably stop, but then Danny said they should just keep going to the task and let the crew catch up. I agree that the crew might have spent part of the time looking for them, not realizing they would not wait once they lost them.
It appeared they weren’t able to contact the crew with radios.

See, this is where things get murky. Without hearing about the production side of things, we only get Danny's story, and nothing to balance it out.

The thing is, I think Danny did the right thing in telling Angie to go to the Detour. The racers do not have instant access to the producers - the crew has that. So they are effectively "off the grid" until they either

1. link back up with the rest of their team, or
2. get somewhere where a producer is available.

The first option assumes that both the racers and crew know where the separation point was. Since they don't, it makes sense for the Racers to choose the second option. And so however much time that was, no one actually knows where they are.

So assuming that the crew stayed in the area of the approximate separation point (to maximize the odds of the racers finding someone), it will take them the same amount of time as the racers to get to the detour. But even taking that into consideration, would it have really been 45 minutes for the crew to get to the detour? Again, information that is needed to get a better idea of what happened.

(edit) it looks like it's a 35 minute drive from the Rihanna monument to Long Bay beach. I think the most likely point of separation is the Emancipation Statue roundabout, which is about 22min away from Long Bay beach. Getting separated right at that roundabout would've taken you very quickly out of walkie range I think.

1715019626549.png

1715019824658.png

Last edited:
They were definitely separated at the roundabout. They showed (blurry) footage from the lead car, of the producers' car going past their turnoff and taking the next one. They were too far apart, the producers couldn't see that the team took the first roundabout exit.

Part of the problem was, once the team took the first exit, then kept going, the rear car had no way to know which exit/direction they went in. Do they keep going, turn around--especially on this show, you can't assume the team went the way they should have, to get to the next stop.

I too thought that they were supposed to go back to where they lost their crew. I assume the crew went back to where they last saw D&A and had to wait for them to show up. That could easily have taken 45 min.

I too thought that they were supposed to go back to where they lost their crew. I assume the crew went back to where they last saw D&A and had to wait for them to show up. That could easily have taken 45 min.

I read an interview with Danny & Angie and they said the "rule" the producers have (and that was stated at their morning debriefing that day) is that if you get separated from your crew you're supposed to go to the next location and wait for them there. So they did exactly what they were told to do.

I read an interview with Danny & Angie and they said the "rule" the producers have (and that was stated at their morning debriefing that day) is that if you get separated from your crew you're supposed to go to the next location and wait for them there. So they did exactly what they were told to do.
Agreed. And they have no way to communicate with anyone outside of walkies, so their choices are to stay in the location where they think they got separated or head to a place where they know there are people that can help.

The missing piece of the puzzle is what was happening from the crew/production side of things.

It sounds like this has never happened before and production didn't know how to handle it.
Yeah, they've not had issues in South/Southeast Asia with crew following tuk tuks but I guess they're used to crazy drivers out there.

Why did Angie keep saying that they should go back? I can't see that being a rule. If it was, there would be no rule that your crew needs to stay with you in the first place. The crew is there for a purpose. They film if the contestants stop to ask for directions or get a flat tire. They get permissions from locals to be filmed, call for medical assistance, etc.

There is likely more to the "rule" than Danny is revealing. For example, go back to find your crew without penalty or proceed to the next location and wait for your crew to arrive. If that were the case, Angie thought it would be faster to go back and find the crew (assuming they knew where they were separated) and Danny thought it would be faster to go to the next location and wait for them there.

Ah, the excitement of the first episodes! It's always intriguing to see which contestants stand out from the start and which ones might struggle. Hope you enjoy catching up on the episode!

Why did Angie keep saying that they should go back? I can't see that being a rule. If it was, there would be no rule that your crew needs to stay with you in the first place. The crew is there for a purpose. They film if the contestants stop to ask for directions or get a flat tire. They get permissions from locals to be filmed, call for medical assistance, etc.

There is likely more to the "rule" than Danny is revealing. For example, go back to find your crew without penalty or proceed to the next location and wait for your crew to arrive. If that were the case, Angie thought it would be faster to go back and find the crew (assuming they knew where they were separated) and Danny thought it would be faster to go to the next location and wait for them there.

I'm guessing it was just a natural instinct for Angie to want to go back and find them. Maybe she was thinking that they could find them very quickly but Danny was thinking that they had no way of knowing which exit the crew took in that traffic circle so it was going to take more than a few minutes to find them. And meanwhile, the crew could have corrected course and headed to the next location as they were told to do and now Danny & Angie would have been driving around for who knows how long and wasting precious time. Meeting up at the next location if separated seems logical (to me). I also read somewhere (different interview/article) that this has happened before on earlier seasons but it only slowed the teams down by a few minutes and didn't affect the outcome of the leg so it was never shown or discussed on camera. I'm guessing there's some incentive for the crew to stay with their team and not get lost. It could be part of the crew's contract and they risk not getting paid if they don't follow that rule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter