Am I nuts?

AntandAnt3

Earning My Ears
I am scheduled to go in Jan 2005 with 3 adults, and three kids who will be 5, 3 and 2 at the time. I like the idea of Jan 23-28th, since it shouldn't be crowded. Last time I went Jan 26-30th(only took the 4 and 2 year old), it was great both with the crowds and weather. Do you think the kids are too young, any suggestions on some things I should not miss.

I think you will have a great time! That's one adult per child and I think your children are perfect ages for WDW.

I've taken mine at those ages (I only have 2 but they went when they were the ages of yours, just not at the same time) and they always had a great time. My DD is 18 now (she's been going since 3 yrs. old) and is in college so won't be going this year (she wishes she could), but my DS 11 yr. (he's been going since 1 yr. old) is looking forward to our trip.

I dont think the kids are to young. That is a really good age for them to find everything magical. I do however think that going in Jan. is crazy. My wife and I were in WDW one Jan and froze. All of the pictures we have are us wearing winter coats.

No way, they are great ages. My opinion is that January is a perfect time to go. That's when my parents always took us. I'd much rather have a little cool weather than the heat and crowds. I remember going in January in shorts. With Florida, you just never know. I think you guys will have a great time:earsgirl:

My little ones are 5, 3, and 2 now. I'm taking them in December with my MIL. It will be a blast. This will be my 5 year old DD's 4th trip. She went at 18 months, 2 1/2, and 4. This will be my 3 year old DD's 3rd trip. She went when she was 8 months and 2 years old. And this will be my DS's second trip. He was 10 months for his first. You are not nuts! It will be great for the kids. They are great ages for WDW.

Just be sure to read lots -- this board, WDW Passporter, Unofficial Guide to Disney, WDW with Kids. Know what to expect and have a plan, but be flexible in your plans and follow the kids' leads, take breaks when they are tired, etc. And bring or rent a stroller (or two). We stay on property and find it works very well with little ones.

Have fun!

It's true. You can't tell with FL weather. In Feb, we went and in the span of a week, saw temps range from 40 - 75 during the days.

we went in January 2003 and a terrific time. The weather was all over the map temperature wise 80 one day and down to 29 our last night there! but no rain. The crowds were light. My kids had a blast! Just be sure to take some gloves and hats. My kids' hands got the coldest but the trip was PERFECT!!!!

Just remember to go at a pace little ones can handle, and by all means bring strollers. My daughter was 4 almost 5 our first trip and the stroller was a definate must..

We have encountered rain in January, take the little disposable ponchos in your day pack. This year we went January 5-10. Some days it was freezing, I second the gloves. But none of the Fast Pass kiosks were even open because there were no crowds! Even with the short hours you should be able to do it all and still get naps in for the little guys. Hit the short hour parks in the morning, rest, then hit Epcot or whatever else stays open later after naptime. Take your own strollers, there is nothing worse than schlepping a sleeping kid to the bus or car.

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter