Am I missing something?

samara

Mouseketeer
Okay, so I’m a little bit of an uber planner. We’re doing a short split trip in December to Disney and Universal and I feel like I’m spending all of my time on the Disney portion of the trip. Planning for fastpasses, a strategy for the Christmas party, ADRs...all I’ve done for Universal is book the Grinch character breakfast. Am I missing something? Is there something else I’m supposed to be doing? We’re staying at the RPH.

Okay, so I’m a little bit of an uber planner. We’re doing a short split trip in December to Disney and Universal and I feel like I’m spending all of my time on the Disney portion of the trip. Planning for fastpasses, a strategy for the Christmas party, ADRs...all I’ve done for Universal is book the Grinch character breakfast. Am I missing something? Is there something else I’m supposed to be doing? We’re staying at the RPH.

When are you going? If it is before the Christmas rush, you are all set with the little planning you have done! If it is during Christmas rush, I'd consider making dinner reservations.

If it reassures you at all we are going to be there the same time and all we have booked is the hotel (a week at RPR) and the airfare.

That's what I love about Universal, not having to plan rides, food, etc every day! It's freeing to go where you want, ride it as many times as you want, and eat where you want. It's what a park should be, IMO, no stress just fun!!!

That's what I love about Universal, not having to plan rides, food, etc every day! It's freeing to go where you want, ride it as many times as you want, and eat where you want. It's what a park should be, IMO, no stress just fun!!!

I totally agree:thumbsup2 A Universal vacation = relaxing vacation!

We did a split trip in February. 5 days at WDW, 2 at UO. I had very detailed schedule for 10 people while at WDW. When we got to UO, everyone looked at me was like "Ok, what are we doing today?" I had nothing planned. They were shocked (and likely relieved). We saw / rode everything, even without EP! It was a much more laid back vibe than the "you have to book everything at 180, 60, 30 days out" vibe of WDW.

We are also huge Disney fans, but we did our first Universal trip this summer and I have to admit it was nice not having to plan anything. We stayed at RPR, so we had express passes. We loved being able to ride things as many times as we wanted with little to no wait. We also enjoyed the food choices more than at Disney.

Thank you for posting this OP! We are going for the first time in January and I was feeling the same way!! I'm glad this will be a more relaxed portion of our vaycay.

One other benefit of staying at the 3 deluxe resorts too is that you get priority seating at most of the sit down restaurants. This should apply to Toothsome and Cowfish which don’t take reservations. With the express pass you really need very little planning, you should be able to see everything at IOA and US in 2 days.

That’s great to know! My kids are interested in Toothsome, but I was worried about the wait time.

I am in the same boat! Planning our first trip to Universal and feeling totally unprepared! Glad to know I'm not missing something! Feeling strange not planning where and when to be!

Does anyone have any idea when the park hours release for next year? Specifically I'm interested in January or February, haven't narrowed it down yet? From previous history it appears that the hours are pretty shortened? Is this usually the case?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter