Alternative to kids suite?

Bethany10

DIS Veteran
We've had to postpone our 2018 trip a full year. In looking at "pain points" the extra year (and money) might let us alleviate and a big one is my kids sharing a bed. DS is a great kid but he's a spider monkey and sleeps like the dead and has a tendency to pee in the night. Understandably DD was less than thrilled to be sharing with him.

I'm looking at the jurassic kid suites, but our guys will be a little old for them in addition to which the cost is just insane. Is it cheaper to get 2 connecting rooms? Is that even possible? Ideally we'd like to stay at RPR, or spend time at RPR then move to Cabana Bay (I know I'd lose express pass but I'm ok with that). Those of you familiar with either hotel what would you do?

yes, that's another option. In looking at Cabana bay we could get a family suite and he could get the couch. The plan for this year was on site for 3 nights then off site the remainder of the trip. I had hoped to at least pool hop to CB, so we'd be replacing the offsite hotel for CB.

We love Cabana Bay! You can get the maximum discount under Stay More Save More if you stay for seven nights. We’ve always gone in either the Fall or Late Spring so we haven’t needed the express pass. We just show up at rope drop. If he’s small, the couch should be fine.

The not yet opened Aventura hotel has family suites. It does not get the express pass but the price is lower than the suites at the premium hotels. We've booked this for November. My kids don't like sharing a bed either.

Hi if your okay with not having the Express Pass then Cabana Bay is perfect. We have stayed there a couple of times and love the resort. We had the family suites and it was nice having the small living room with a sleeper sofa. You could be very happy there. You could do the split stay if there is only the 4 of you RPR rooms are big enough where you could get one room and put the air mattress as PP suggested. Stay at RPR for the park days then switch over to Cabana Bay. We did this two years ago. We did 4 days at HRH with parks then went to Cabana bay for two nights and relaxed. The pools and activities at Cabana Bay are great for kids.

The suggestion of the new Adventura hotel is good. I am not sure how families will like the theme of it. It sounds like it will be a good option for cheaper rooms/suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter