All Stars or Ft. Wilderness Cabin

I

ilovdisney2

OK,
I have two options now.
2 adults DS 12, DS 10, and DD 8
We can stay at the All Star Sports in 2 rooms for $663.00 for 4 nights or at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins for 687.00 for 4 nights.
The big difference is the kitchen in the Cabin and more beds and 2 bathrooms in the All Stars.
How does the transportation compare?
Please help me out on this one, Tell me the pros and cons of each.
We stayed in 2 rooms at POR last year and LOVED it.
Thanks for your help

We've stayed at both. Our last stay was at FW and it was wonderful. We all wanted to stay here again for our upcoming trip. And so - we are!

Fort Wilderness is not the hustle bustle place that AS is. The cabins were closer together than I anticipated but they were very quiet. We all slept soundly after a long day at the parks. It is more difficult to get around. Say for example you wanted a snack, well you will need to take a bus to get one. But if you stock you kitchen, then that would eliminate the need to run to a food court or store. Also, having a nice breakfast in the morning was a great way to start our day. You can eat it outside on the deck. The pools are just pools - nothing special. There is a petting zoo and horse rides available. You can rent bikes, golf carts and boats. Hoop de Doo is located here and is a great family show. Trails End has okay food for an inexpensive price (by Disney standards). In addition, we find it fun to take the boat to MK and other resorts. Another great way to start a day. As far as transportation, we seldom use the busses during our visit. My daughter had a broken leg and we rented a car. However, when we did use it (Hoop de Doo, boat ride) it was fine.

The AS are noisy. They are usually more crowded. Sleeping may be interupted. The food court and store are convenient and within walking distance. The pool is cool. Although they do not have slides or squirting statues. There are little activities offered except a video room. The food court offers a nice variety. Transportation here is iffy. Sometimes the buses are packed. I felt like a steer going to slaughter!

This is a decision that is based upon what is important to you. I don't think you will be disappointed with either.

Love both places! At least one pool per All Stars does have squirting statues, but nothing else special. The pools at FW are very plain. My decision maker would be if you have your own transportation. FW is great when you want to go to MK (although the cabins are all at the other end of the campground so you still need to take an internal bus to get to the dock). However, the rest of the parks are a pain if you are solely bussing it. If you have your own car, stay at FW -- the kitchen is great, and your kids are young enough that you can dictate who is showering when (LOL). Otherwise All Stars would also be great -- yes, the extra bathroom is a plus, and it's so nice to walk around at night. (FW is pretty, but you'd never know you're in Disney). We have always found that the food court at Music is less busy than the others, and it's a pretty easy walk from either Movies or Sports to get to Music (certainly not as far as it was for us to get from our room at CBR to our own food court!)

Tough choice ... wish I was going and had to make it !

Mary Liz

You cannot go wrong either way and will have a great time

As for what I would do, it would depend up the mood of my DW as to whether she wanted "separate" space for the family to split or "together" space

Agree with the post on if you have a car go to FW if not go to AS

Thanks
Jason

I vote the cabins. Nothing better than at the end of a long day to go to quiet secluded resort for a great nights sleep. It is very quiet in the cabin loops. Also the internal transportation runs frequently about every 10 to 15 minutes and stops at all the important areas. There is also so much to do for kids of all ages. Enjoy and have a great vacation.

Sherry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter