All Star Movies Renovations

The All Stars are getting renovated like Pop? Wonderful news! My kids are getting too big to fit the tiny double beds!
The double beds were the reason dh and I never booked value but we just stayed at Pop with the new beds and they were great!

We're early June, curious as well. I tried to call a few weeks ago to switch over from standard to preferred room and there were none. Wondering if some of that is because of the construction.

I originally booked movies for our upcoming trip coming up in 3 weeks but switched to music so I didn't have to deal with construction. Plus we can always go use the pools at movies as well as sports. Easy access to all 6 pools and not see construction debris as much. Tough decision because we really wanted movies.

I just chatted with a CM on Disney's site and after researching it, all he could tell me is construction is going on through February...which of course we already knew. ;) I'd love to know which buildings will be done by early November as it would make my decision much easier.

Maybe you can report back to us when you return from your trip any updates of the refurbishmen? Maybe throw in some pictures of the rooms?:) I'm booked there preferred early December during a split stay in hopes of getting a new room.

On the way down now- just got our room is ready text with room numbers - called and yes- all 3 rooms are refurbished rooms! The cm said the backside of building 10 is complete and checked to make sure we are on the backside
So excited!

On the way down now- just got our room is ready text with room numbers - called and yes- all 3 rooms are refurbished rooms! The cm said the backside of building 10 is complete and checked to make sure we are on the backside
So excited!
Awesome! Are you able to post some pictures on here so we can see what the rooms look like?

So excited!

Did the cm say what he/she meant by the backside? I assume the side not facing "Andy's Room" but the T-shape confuses me. We are going in August and I want to request a specific room in hopes to get a refurbished room. My luck, I'll think a "side" is the "back" and not get a refurbished room. Do you feel comfortable posting your room numbers after you return? That would clear up any confusion. TIA

Did the cm say what he/she meant by the backside? I assume the side not facing "Andy's Room" but the T-shape confuses me. We are going in August and I want to request a specific room in hopes to get a refurbished room. My luck, I'll think a "side" is the "back" and not get a refurbished room. Do you feel comfortable posting your room numbers after you return? That would clear up any confusion. TIA
It's actually not a good idea to request a specific room. If you do, they don't know why you want that specific room and they aren't sure what your preferences are. If you want a refurbished room, I would just call and have them add that to your reservation.

It's actually not a good idea to request a specific room. If you do, they don't know why you want that specific room and they aren't sure what your preferences are. If you want a refurbished room, I would just call and have them add that to your reservation.

Yeah? I guess that makes sense but I remember reading somewhere on the boards that Disney wasn't honoring requests for refurbished rooms. I stayed at POP and CSR in January and was told that the CM were just ignoring any room request that included a refurbished room. We had requested a refurbished room, first floor room at CSR and got neither. At Pop, we requested a specific room and got one close by but not the exact room. (The room I requested was a poor view but refurbished. In the past we have had luck getting the exact room we request if the view is poor. We typically drive so I request a room that is close to parking and with a view of the parking lot. No one tends to want those and we usually get them if they are available.)

Anyone else heard for CM ignoring refurbished room requests? I don't want to wind up in a nonrefurbished again. We had stayed at CSR a few years ago and it was a nice place. This time, the room was definitely in need of some TLC. Actually, it was bad. I hate to say that because I tend to have a good attitude and am not particular but this room grossed me out and I have vowed to never stay there again. :(

Ok I have a preferred room booked in October for 2 nights.
Do you think they will finish all of toy story buildings before moving on?

Do u think I should just request toy story as only request?
Thanks
Kerri

Yup. Solid advice there. I've had the opportunity to speak to a couple room assignors in the past and all 3 have said they prefer when guests describe what they're looking for in a room. They enjoy being able to get guests what they're looking for and this makes it much easier.

Anyone else heard for CM ignoring refurbished room requests?

I have not. But sometimes requests just can't be granted.

Yeah? I guess that makes sense but I remember reading somewhere on the boards that Disney wasn't honoring requests for refurbished rooms. I stayed at POP and CSR in January and was told that the CM were just ignoring any room request that included a refurbished room. We had requested a refurbished room, first floor room at CSR and got neither. At Pop, we requested a specific room and got one close by but not the exact room. (The room I requested was a poor view but refurbished. In the past we have had luck getting the exact room we request if the view is poor. We typically drive so I request a room that is close to parking and with a view of the parking lot. No one tends to want those and we usually get them if they are available.)

Anyone else heard for CM ignoring refurbished room requests? I don't want to wind up in a nonrefurbished again. We had stayed at CSR a few years ago and it was a nice place. This time, the room was definitely in need of some TLC. Actually, it was bad. I hate to say that because I tend to have a good attitude and am not particular but this room grossed me out and I have vowed to never stay there again. :(
When we stayed at Pop I requested 70's highest floor online and then called and had them add refurbished room. They do the best they can, but sometimes they just can't meet your requests.

If you end up not getting what you want, you can always go to the front desk and ask nicely if there are any refurbished rooms open. We had to do that at POR and AKL last year because we didn't get what we requested at either. At POR they were able to switch us right away. At AKL we had to wait a night before moving to a new room, but it was worth it.

I havent heard of requests being ignored. I stayed at Pop and at CSR in March. At Pop I requested 80s ground floor and refurbished. The CM at the fd seemed really pleased when she gave me the news that all my requests had been honored. At CSR my refurbished room request initially wasn't given but upon going to the room assigned it had a terrible musty odor. It was so bad that they moved us to a refurbished.

I think they do the best they can but sometimes might not be able to.

We’re staying in September. I requested toy story coz I thought they were being done now but the lady who posted on Instagram said she was in 101 Dalmations. We’ve paid for preferred but just to have better chance of getting refurbed so fingers crossed. Looking forward to hearing everyone’s trips before ours for which buildings are done :)

We’re staying in September. I requested toy story coz I thought they were being done now but the lady who posted on Instagram said she was in 101 Dalmations. We’ve paid for preferred but just to have better chance of getting refurbed so fingers crossed. Looking forward to hearing everyone’s trips before ours for which buildings are done :)
Did she say she had a refurbished room in 101 Dalmations? I haven't heard of any work going on in that section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter