All Star Movies Renovations

I really couldn't tell what they were doing. But the signs were up in the Toy Story area. No noise or 'construction-y' activity. They may be quietly ripping things apart....ha.
“And we’ll just take out a gutter here, and a shingle here.” Can’t take off too much or it’ll be too disturbing lol

Not to hijack the thread but figured this was probably better than creating a whole new post...can you get connecting rooms at all star movies? Also can you request to be near the Dalmatians? Thanks!

Are you booked Preferred? I believe all of Dalmations are Preferred.

If you are booked Standard, request Mighty Ducks and you will walk
right through Dalmatians to the bus and food court etc.

On our departure day (3/11) we had some time to kill before MDE arrived so we walked down to the Toy Story end. They were doing a lot of demolition in the Toy Story number 10 rooms. We could see many of the 2nd floor rooms having the carpet ripped out. There was also a lot of painting on the exterior icons of the Love Bug section. Earlier in the week they painted the Dalmatian/TV photo op along the walkway.

On our departure day (3/11) we had some time to kill before MDE arrived so we walked down to the Toy Story end. They were doing a lot of demolition in the Toy Story number 10 rooms. We could see many of the 2nd floor rooms having the carpet ripped out. There was also a lot of painting on the exterior icons of the Love Bug section. Earlier in the week they painted the Dalmatian/TV photo op along the walkway.
Great! Thank you for this update. So it looked like they were working on rooms in the Toy story section? Did you notice anything else besides the carpet being ripped out?

I want to switch our sports reservation to movies so bad but all that’s available for our dates is preferred. We are going 10/30-11/6. I guess I just have to keep looking. I’m keeping the sports for now.

I am watching this develop with lots of excitement. We are planning a high school graduation trip for next summer. I am going to book ASMO because we always spend most of our time at the parks. We stayed at ASMU last June for the opening of Pandora and had a blast. Had no issue with the All Star Resorts at all. Upbeat and clean.

So with what looks like renovations underway and we have reservations there next month, what building does everyone recommend where we will experience the least amount of noise/construction?

So with what looks like renovations underway and we have reservations there next month, what building does everyone recommend where we will experience the least amount of noise/construction?
I’m not sure they’ve really done much and all I’ve heard is a little work going on at toy story so if you request any other area I imagine you would be fine.

Are the toy story rooms all preferred?

Nevermind, I think I found the answer to that. Is it worth it to spend $109 more to get a Preferred room so we can be in the Toy Story section?

Yes.

In this family's opinion, no.
My thoughts are that we could have the chance to get a refurbished room by booking preferred and requesting toy story. It will be just DH and I and I don't love the idea of double beds. Plus, with the two queens we could leave the murphy up and have more space.

My thoughts are that we could have the chance to get a refurbished room by booking preferred and requesting toy story. It will be just DH and I and I don't love the idea of double beds. Plus, with the two queens we could leave the murphy up and have more space.

Oh! Sorry, I wasn't thinking about the renovations just whether a Preferred was worth it in general. Although I should have realized that since this IS the Renovation thread. DOH!

I am arriving late June and just received this email:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort! We are thrilled to share our hospitality and passion for classic Disney films with you and your family.

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that a room refurbishment will be taking place during your visit. During this time, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please call the Disney Reservation Center at 407-939-5211 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

General Manager Punam Dayabhai-Jairambhai and the team at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

The All Stars are getting renovated like Pop? Wonderful news! My kids are getting too big to fit the tiny double beds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!