All Star Movies Renovations

Is there any update on the progress of the Fantasia rooms? We are staying in early December with preferred rooms. I requested Toy Story for my daughter so I'm hopeful for refurbished rooms but I'm curious about the progress of the other preferred rooms.

Is there any update on the progress of the Fantasia rooms? We are staying in early December with preferred rooms. I requested Toy Story for my daughter so I'm hopeful for refurbished rooms but I'm curious about the progress of the other preferred rooms.
Anyone there now or there recently that can report back?

Are all preferred rooms renovated now? We are going the first week of August. Considering switching to a preferred room at ASMo, but won’t bother if they aren’t nearly complete. Anyone in the know?

Are all preferred rooms renovated now? We are going the first week of August. Considering switching to a preferred room at ASMo, but won’t bother if they aren’t nearly complete. Anyone in the know?
They definitely aren’t all done yet. You won’t have a for sure that you will get a renovated room. Your best bet is to request a room in the toy story section or pick a different resort. You would have a guaranteed refurbed room at pop.

Is anyone there or recently back who can report on the status of the renovations?

Looking forward to my trip at the beginning of August!

we arrive in 11 days....I can't wait...have a preferred room booked...super excited to the renovated rooms.

Have people who have been requesting refurbished rooms actually getting them?

We're currently booked in a standard room for late August but considering switching to a preferred if we can get a refurbished. Would it be better to ask at check in if there are any upgrades available?

Have people who have been requesting refurbished rooms actually getting them?

We're currently booked in a standard room for late August but considering switching to a preferred if we can get a refurbished. Would it be better to ask at check in if there are any upgrades available?
I think you might want to book preferred if you want a better chance at getting a refurbished room.

I think you might want to book preferred if you want a better chance at getting a refurbished room.

Oh, I do realize I need to book preferred if I want a preferred room (unless I luck into being able to pay to upgrade at the front desk), I just don't want to pay for a preferred, non-refurbished room (because we're not looking for the other benefits of preferred). I was just wondering if people were actually getting their requests or not.

Oh, I do realize I need to book preferred if I want a preferred room (unless I luck into being able to pay to upgrade at the front desk), I just don't want to pay for a preferred, non-refurbished room (because we're not looking for the other benefits of preferred). I was just wondering if people were actually getting their requests or not.
No I meant that as you booking preferred to have a better chance at a refurbished room. I don’t think they have done any standard rooms yet.

Does anyone think they will have started on any of the standard buildings by late November? We have a standard room booked now, but considering switching to preferred to get a refurbished room.

Does anyone think they will have started on any of the standard buildings by late November? We have a standard room booked now, but considering switching to preferred to get a refurbished room.
I'm pretty sure they aren't JUST refreshing the preferred rooms. To be honest I wouldn't switch to preferred quite yet. Although there are preferred rooms in the Fantasia and Toy Story section, they aren't all preferred rooms, many of them are standard. If you really want a guaranteed refurbished room, then book a preferred room.

0t5d2tws02iud9z5.png

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

I'm pretty sure they aren't JUST refreshing the preferred rooms. To be honest I wouldn't switch to preferred quite yet. Although there are preferred rooms in the Fantasia and Toy Story section, they aren't all preferred rooms, many of them are standard. If you really want a guaranteed refurbished room, then book a preferred room.

0t5d2tws02iud9z5.png

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png
After looking on touring plans, the only standard rooms are in the mighty ducks and love bug sections. Toy story and Fantasia are all preferred rooms.

Apologies if this is posted somewhere else, couldn't find it with a search.
Renovated rooms look exciting, but where on earth does a pack n play fit? 15month old coming for the first time in September!

After looking on touring plans, the only standard rooms are in the mighty ducks and love bug sections. Toy story and Fantasia are all preferred rooms.

Touring plans is wrong more often than right. I know part of Toy Story section is standard as that is what I booked and where I stayed back in 2014. At check in I was surprised I was so close and said something to the effect of I was pixie dusted with an upgrade. The CM smiled and said it was still a standard room. It was a parking lot view. Full on parking lot. The courtyard rooms in that section are preferred. Unless they have recatagorized since then.

ETA: Even if the CM was wrong I have only booked a standard for late September and requested a refurbished room (my ONLY request) hoping for the best. Not expecting anything more than I paid for so will take whatever I get. If you really want a refurbed room probably best to both book the preferred and have refurbished as your only request.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter