All Star Movies Renovations

It did. Other than some power washing I did not see any construction in the Toy Story area. What a nice resort! Hardly any lines for food, fun pools. Kids loved the Mighty Duck pool because it was so quiet. Nice time!
Awesome that’s great to hear! I’m going to update the first post. Glad you had a fun time. Were both Fantasia buildings being worked on?

We're about to book a stay for the end on September/early October. Would we have a better chance of landing a renovated room by booking a preferred room? Thanks for any help!

We're going in September. Hoping for renovated (preferred) rooms in the Toy Story section. I wonder if requesting connecting rooms will make it less likely. Getting renovated rooms is more of a priority than connected.

I only saw one. If you are in the pool, looking at the food court it would've been on the right.
Okay thanks!
We're about to book a stay for the end on September/early October. Would we have a better chance of landing a renovated room by booking a preferred room? Thanks for any help!
I would book preferred if you really want a refurbished room. They have only worked on preferred rooms so far.
We're going in September. Hoping for renovated (preferred) rooms in the Toy Story section. I wonder if requesting connecting rooms will make it less likely. Getting renovated rooms is more of a priority than connected.
I would definitely only stick with renovated room as your request. If you add connecting room you may just get that in one of the old rooms.

Just booked my family's first trip to Disney World next summer. I booked a preferred room in All-Star movies. The renovations in the preferred rooms should definitely be done by then right? We're a family of 4 so I would really like the 4 queen beds.

Just booked my family's first trip to Disney World next summer. I booked a preferred room in All-Star movies. The renovations in the preferred rooms should definitely be done by then right? We're a family of 4 so I would really like the 4 queen beds.
Renovations for movies are supposedly going to be complete by winter/spring 2019 so you should be good for next summer.

We have an accessible room booked late sept/early oct
Have not received any notification regarding any work being undertaken..

We made a reservation for 8/30 a few days ago and received an email today. Never received an email for the reservation I made through Orbitz.

After they finish with the preferred rooms- do you think they will do the Love Bug or Mighty Ducks buildings first?

After they finish with the preferred rooms- do you think they will do the Love Bug or Mighty Ducks buildings first?
I would think love bug would be next and mighty ducks might be last since it’s on the other side of the resort.

Opting out for $10 night, what a load of..... Give me $100 a night and I might consider allowing Disney to use me to screw people out of jobs. This garbage is a win win for Disney. Lots to gain and they lose nothing.

Opting out for $10 night, what a load of..... Give me $100 a night and I might consider allowing Disney to use me to screw people out of jobs. This garbage is a win win for Disney. Lots to gain and they lose nothing.
I don’t think it’s really taking any jobs away right now. They are actually short on staff and I think that is why they started the program.

I don’t think it’s really taking any jobs away right now. They are actually short on staff and I think that is why they started the program.

Yep. I remember reading something not too long ago about how low the unemployment rate is around Orlando right now.

I booked a reservation for the end of January hoping that the renovations would be done. The CM I booked through said they would be. Today I received an email saying that renovations would still be going on when we are there. Now I'm sorry I didn't book preferred. I still have time to change my reservation.

I booked a reservation for the end of January hoping that the renovations would be done. The CM I booked through said they would be. Today I received an email saying that renovations would still be going on when we are there. Now I'm sorry I didn't book preferred. I still have time to change my reservation.
I would go ahead and book preferred for now just in case. You can always change it when it gets closer

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!