All Star Movies or Music/Sports

tink2

DIS Veteran
We currently have 3 rooms booked at All Star Movies for May for a big family trip. My family of 4 stayed at Movies last June and loved it. That was our first stay at a value and we were thrilled with it.

Looking at current discounts, I see that sometimes Movies doesn’t get as deep of discounts as the other two All Stars and even left out completely of some offers.
Is this a current trend for the All Star resorts? Is there a specific reason other than popularity? I know POFQ is the same way with moderates (which is also our favorite moderate)

Are there cons with the AS Sports and Music that aren’t present with Movies? Thanks!

That is the exact reason we always stay at music, it’s (almost) always included in the discount available. It’s a great resort. Not overly Disneyish but still it’s great!

That is the exact reason we always stay at music, it’s (almost) always included in the discount available. It’s a great resort. Not overly Disneyish but still it’s great!

Looking at Music~ I see the family suites are in the preferred buildings. Are there regular rooms in those buildings as well? We will have 3 regular rooms~ wondering if our chances of getting rooms close to each other in the preferred buildings would be less because of the family suites.
For this reason~ we’re leaning towards Sports.

Looking at Music~ I see the family suites are in the preferred buildings. Are there regular rooms in those buildings as well? We will have 3 regular rooms~ wondering if our chances of getting rooms close to each other in the preferred buildings would be less because of the family suites.
For this reason~ we’re leaning towards Sports.
Yeah I’m not sure about that. I know there are rooms other then suites in the preferred section. We have been very lucky with getting room requests while staying at music

I've stayed at ASMu but not the other All Stars. Stayed there because it was the only one with a discount though it was the theme we were least excited about. We didn't love the theming - it seemed disjointed and not very Disney like a previous poster mentioned. That being said it was totally fine and I would choose it at a discount over the other all stars if they were full price. I do prefer pop though!!

Thanks guys!!! I appreciate the info princess:
Will be discussing a possible move to music with the family

Looking at the Touring Plans room finder, you *might* be able to get 2 next door to each other and 1 down the hall, but there are not 3 non-suite rooms in a row in the preferred buildings.

Looking at the Touring Plans room finder, you *might* be able to get 2 next door to each other and 1 down the hall, but there are not 3 non-suite rooms in a row in the preferred buildings.

Thank you!

We've stayed at Sports twice both times because of great discounts. We've never had a problem there. When we just stayed there in Nov. we weren't able to book three nights all together. We had to book three separate reservations. I called and they were able to combine them into one so we didn't have to check in and out each day. I was nervous to stay there because the resort was sold out for the three nights we were there, but the lines in the food court were never long and we never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus and got a seat every time. The first time we stayed there the busses were shared between the 3 All Stars and Sports was the first pick up and drop off. This last time they were only shared once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter