Ok, this is such a long thread and it is hard to find exactly what I am looking for so I will just ask. :)

We are AP. It expires end of July 2019.
1. If we were to purchase a package with *Free* dining for July, we should be able to take the cost of the tickets and renew our AP correct?
2. If so, should we do it before using those tickets or does it not matter?
1. Correct.
2. Doesn't matter.

I'm the planner for an extended family vacation. I want to link everyone to my MDE account, so I click Add a Guest on the My Friends & Family page. It gives me three options for how to go about that:

1) Find through my connected guests - I can't use this one because they aren't listed.
2) Import from a WDW hotel reservation - can't do this because we're staying offsite.
3) I'll enter their name and age - My problem with this is that their profile would then be under my MDE account, right? I want to link to their existing profiles under their MDE accounts.

What do I do?

Edit: The answer is to do #3. I just had to enter their email address when I did it to send them an invite.

Last edited:
I'm the planner for an extended family vacation. I want to link everyone to my MDE account, so I click Add a Guest on the My Friends & Family page. It gives me three options for how to go about that:

1) Find through my connected guests - I can't use this one because they aren't listed.
2) Import from a WDW hotel reservation - can't do this because we're staying offsite.
3) I'll enter their name and age - My problem with this is that their profile would then be under my MDE account, right? I want to link to their existing profiles under their MDE accounts.

What do I do?
Sorry, but this is not actually a "Tickets" question.
It is a "MyDisneyExperience" question.

But, here are my thoughts-
Your best option of those offered appears to be #3.
For help (if you have problems) is to call WDW and let their I.T. department correct any errors.
Call the WDW I.T. Dept. at
(407) 939-7765 (option #2) or
(407) 939-3471

And, :welcome: to the DISboards, RobCorsland!

I am a DVC member planning a trip from Dec 14-22, 2019. I plan to buy 7 day tickets for this trip, but I might want to upgrade them to an AP. As a DVC member I can get the gold AP, but the gold blockout period starts Dec 19. So if I plan to be in the parks Dec 19-22 using my 7 day ticket, will I be able to upgrade to a gold AP or not. I assume if it is possible, I would have to wait until we are done with the park on Dec 22 to upgrade, since if I upgrade early I am blocked out on my gold AP. But I'm wondering if it is even possible to do on Dec 22. I don't mind not having the other AP benefits for the rest of the trip since I will have DVC dining discounts. Thoughts?

My family is going in May with Park hopper tickets. If we get a good bounce back offer for room only I hope to talk my husband into going back for our 30th anniversary in November. If we are staying onsite, can we get credit for parking if we upgrade later in the trip? It is my understanding that AP holders get free parking.

My family is going in May with Park hopper tickets. If we get a good bounce back offer for room only I hope to talk my husband into going back for our 30th anniversary in November. If we are staying onsite, can we get credit for parking if we upgrade later in the trip? It is my understanding that AP holders get free parking.

AP holders do get free parking at the parks, but so do onsite guests. So, in that case your AP doesn't give you an advantage since you are onsite. However, even with an AP, you'd have to pay the resort parking fee.

I am a DVC member planning a trip from Dec 14-22, 2019. I plan to buy 7 day tickets for this trip, but I might want to upgrade them to an AP. As a DVC member I can get the gold AP, but the gold blockout period starts Dec 19.
So if I plan to be in the parks Dec 19-22 using my 7 day ticket,
1. will I be able to upgrade to a gold AP or not.
2. I assume if it is possible, I would have to wait until we are done with the park on Dec 22 to upgrade, since if I upgrade early I am blocked out on my gold AP.
3. But I'm wondering if it is even possible to do on Dec 22. I don't mind not having the other AP benefits for the rest of the trip since I will have DVC dining discounts. Thoughts?
1. Yes.
2. Correct.
3. Yup.

I have searched for answers, I promise, but it hasn’t yielded results. Maybe it is just unknown at this point but I would appreciate any advice.

We want to do a split stay booked around free dining bounceback in August with a DVC stay booked before or after the B.B. starts. I am hoping to know if the old rules will follow this reservation because the new rules for the current free dining promotion complicate things.

Will early ticket pick up still work? (apparently it doesn't work with new tickets, is that right?)

Will the tickets still be good for 14 days rather than length of stay tickets that the current free dining promotion offers?

Related to the use of the older tickets: I want to upgrade to an AP while there. We have PH+ tickets on the bounceback. Someone once told me, but I have never confirmed, if you use any of the + entitlements, they will require you to purchase a Platinum Plus AP. Is that true?

Thank you!

I have searched for answers, I promise, but it hasn’t yielded results. Maybe it is just unknown at this point but I would appreciate any advice.

We want to do a split stay booked around free dining bounceback in August with a DVC stay booked before or after the B.B. starts. I am hoping to know if the old rules will follow this reservation because the new rules for the current free dining promotion complicate things.

1. Will early ticket pick up still work? (apparently it doesn't work with new tickets, is that right?)

2. Will the tickets still be good for 14 days rather than length of stay tickets that the current free dining promotion offers?

3. Related to the use of the older tickets: I want to upgrade to an AP while there. We have PH+ tickets on the bounceback. Someone once told me, but I have never confirmed,
4. if you use any of the + entitlements, they will require you to purchase a Platinum Plus AP. Is that true?

Thank you!

You seem to be talking about some kind of older tickets that you may already have. (??)
I say that because you keep asking about things that may or may not work with "new" tickets
or tickets that you might purchase with a "current" promotion.
However, you have not actually said that you HAVE "older tickets."
Do you?

Regardless.
Based on "current/new" tickets:
1. To be on the "safe" side, assume that you cannot pick up package tickets early.
2. On "new" tickets, the number of days on stand-alone tickets determine the number of days that they
will remain valid.
The fewer the number of days on a ticket will provide a shorter number of valid days.
(More days than the actual number of ticket days, but not a full 14 days on tickets will fewer days.)
I still don't know about WHICH tickets you are asking.
"Older" tickets or "new" tickets.
3. WHAT older tickets?
4. True.

Does early pickup still work with MYW tickets? I tried to find info on this...thanks.

To be "safe," assume that it not an option.
(It has been specifically said to be not available in some of the new ticket info.)

You seem to be talking about some kind of older tickets that you may already have. (??)
I say that because you keep asking about things that may or may not work with "new" tickets
or tickets that you might purchase with a "current" promotion.
However, you have not actually said that you HAVE "older tickets."
Do you?

Regardless.
Based on "current/new" tickets:
1. To be on the "safe" side, assume that you cannot pick up package tickets early.
2. On "new" tickets, the number of days on stand-alone tickets determine the number of days that they
will remain valid.
The fewer the number of days on a ticket will provide a shorter number of valid days.
(More days than the actual number of ticket days, but not a full 14 days on tickets will fewer days.)
I still don't know about WHICH tickets you are asking.
"Older" tickets or "new" tickets.
3. WHAT older tickets?
4. True.

Thanks for your response. We have MYW tickets associated with a free dining bounceback booked before the 10/18 ticket changes. Sorry that my question seems to be frustrating for you. I thought it seemed quite straightforward, albeit perhaps the answer is unknown as of now. Honestly, the answer doesn’t even matter anymore since I don’t think I can make it work without early ticket pick up.

Thanks for your response. We have MYW tickets associated with a free dining bounceback booked before the 10/18 ticket changes. Sorry that my question seems to be frustrating for you. I thought it seemed quite straightforward, albeit perhaps the answer is unknown as of now. Honestly, the answer doesn’t even matter anymore since I don’t think I can make it work without early ticket pick up.

You said,
"We want to do a split stay booked around free dining bounceback in August..."

You didn't say if that was when the trip was reserved (so, back in Aug. of 2018) or if that's when the trip takes place (Aug. 2019.)
See my confusion?

Regardless, if you DID book the trip back in Aug. 2018, then it is possible that you can
activate your package tickets before check-in.
(But, there is no guarantee of that.)

If I were to buy a Platinum Pass today (and not activate it until later in the year), and Disney announced next month they were changing some of the benefits of the pass going forward (let’s say, for example, including blackout dates in anticipation of Galaxy’s Edge or removing Memory Maker), would I still get the benefits I paid for or is there something in the fine print that allows them to exclude those things?

If I were to buy a Platinum Pass today (and not activate it until later in the year), and Disney announced next month they were changing some of the benefits of the pass going forward (let’s say, for example, including blackout dates in anticipation of Galaxy’s Edge or removing Memory Maker), would I still get the benefits I paid for or is there something in the fine print that allows them to exclude those things?

I'm going to give the best "two" answers" I can.
1. If you buy now, your AP will likely have the rights that are currently offered.
2. OTOH, there is ALWAYS something (in the fine print, or not) that allows Disney to do anything they like in the future.
But, you could likely UPGRADE your purchase to include any blackout dates that might be imposed.
(You likely wouldn't be losing any money by buying now.)

Apologies if my question has been addressed in the previous 315 pages :-)...

Presently I have a package purchased through Disney for a 6 night stay at AK w/ 4 park days in late February. I am also planning on adding DAH, but I'll wait until closer to departure. Due to the likely addition of DAH and our schedule I'm debating dropping down to 3 days of tickets. Based on my understanding of the Disney cancellation policies I have a couple more days to make this decision.

My question is if I drop down to 3 days (~$320 savings), and I decide to add a 4th day prior to arrival will the cost be the same? I.e. if I add the 4th day back the day before flying to FL will it cost the same ~$320?

Thank you for your time!

Apologies if my question has been addressed in the previous 315 pages :-)...

Presently I have a package purchased through Disney for a 6 night stay at AK w/ 4 park days in late February. I am also planning on adding DAH, but I'll wait until closer to departure. Due to the likely addition of DAH and our schedule I'm debating dropping down to 3 days of tickets. Based on my understanding of the Disney cancellation policies I have a couple more days to make this decision.

My question is
1. if I drop down to 3 days (~$320 savings), and I decide to add a 4th day prior to arrival will the cost be the same? I.e.
2. if I add the 4th day back the day before flying to FL will it cost the same ~$320?

Thank you for your time!
1. Yes.
2. Yes. (Unless there is an interim ticket price increase.)

And,
:welcome: to the DISboards, Huskers79!

1. Yes.
2. Yes. (Unless there is an interim ticket price increase.)

And,
:welcome: to the DISboards, Huskers79!

Thank you, Robo.

Outside of FP+ there really isn't any reason to hold the 4th day at this point then. Is there anything I'm missing in my calculus?

FWIW, this 4th day would be HS...which we really disliked two years ago (pre-TS Land). Doing Epcot, MKx2, and then AK DAH.

Is there anything I'm missing...
There are countless things to be considered regarding every aspect of WDW.
Tickets are simply one aspect, and one that is dictated by a guest’s overall plans and preferences.
Only you can decide which things are more important to you.
For us, we spend multiple days at all of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter