Question about the number of days left on a ticket, as it appears in MDE. I know a while back there was a glitch where MDE would show an incorrect number of days, but you could tell for sure by seeing how many days of FPs it would let you book, and thought I remembered that there was consensus that the number of FP days was indeed the actual number of days on the ticket. But I've been out of the loop for a few years and unsure if that is still the case. (or if I'm even remembering all of that correctly.)

Here is my issue... We have 4 days remaining on a 10-day NE ticket, most recently used in December 2016. I noticed in MDE a few weeks ago that DDs ticket says it has 5 days remaining, while the rest of ours say 4. Thinking it was probably a display glitch, I tried to book FPs with mine and hers. It only let me book 4 days (as expected), and let her book 5 (but not 6). Could it still be a glitch, or does that mean she really has an extra day??

There were a few days when only some of us went to a park, but I was fairly certain that it balanced out to where we had all used the same number of days. Unless I've totally lost my marbles, lol! Or maybe her MB didn't scan one day??

Normally I wouldn't be worrying too much about it yet, since we are many years away from needing to buy more tickets (we still have another 10-day, unused set). But, that's kind of the problem. DD had realized that, based on how many days we have and how slowly we are using them, that she will most likely head into adulthood with a week or more of tickets in her possession. Amazingly, now that she realizes it's essentially her own money on the line (since everyday she uses now is one that she will have to buy herself later), she is being much more resistant to the idea of doing more park days for our December trip. I thought that if I could assure her that she had a "bonus" day that we didn't know about until now, she might be more aggreable. But, I don't want to promise that and then it turn out to be a glitch.

I'm assuming guest services at the park could verify for certain- is there any other way, by phone or email, that I could get confirmation before then?

Question about the number of days left on a ticket, as it appears in MDE. I know a while back there was a glitch where MDE would show an incorrect number of days, but you could tell for sure by seeing how many days of FPs it would let you book, and

1. thought I remembered that there was consensus that the number of FP days was indeed the actual number of days on the ticket. But I've been out of the loop for a few years and unsure if that is still the case. (or if I'm even remembering all of that correctly.)

Here is my issue... We have 4 days remaining on a 10-day NE ticket, most recently used in December 2016. I noticed in MDE a few weeks ago that DDs ticket says it has 5 days remaining, while the rest of ours say 4. Thinking it was probably a display glitch, I tried to book FPs with mine and hers. It only let me book 4 days (as expected), and let her book 5 (but not 6).
2. Could it still be a glitch,
3. or does that mean she really has an extra day??

There were a few days when only some of us went to a park, but I was fairly certain that it balanced out to where we had all used the same number of days. Unless I've totally lost my marbles, lol!
4. Or maybe her MB didn't scan one day??

Normally I wouldn't be worrying too much about it yet, since we are many years away from needing to buy more tickets (we still have another 10-day, unused set). But, that's kind of the problem. DD had realized that, based on how many days we have and how slowly we are using them, that she will most likely head into adulthood with a week or more of tickets in her possession. Amazingly, now that she realizes it's essentially her own money on the line (since everyday she uses now is one that she will have to buy herself later), she is being much more resistant to the idea of doing more park days for our December trip. I thought that if I could assure her that she had a "bonus" day that we didn't know about until now, she might be more aggreable. But, I don't want to promise that and then it turn out to be a glitch.

5. I'm assuming guest services at the park could verify for certain
6. - is there any other way, by phone or email, that I could get confirmation before then?

1. Still a good indicator.
2. It can ALWAYS be a glitch.
3. No way to know from here.
4. Could be, but HIGHLY unlikely.
5. Guest Relations... yes.
6. Below is a quote from an eMail from WDW Guest Relations regarding "days left" on tickets:
Greetings from the Walt Disney World Resort!
Thank you for contacting us regarding your unused Walt Disney World ticket media.

If you have not already done so, please send a copy of the front and back of your tickets, as well as a copy of your Government issued I.D. to Ticket.Usage@DisneyWorld.com.

Include your name and daytime telephone number. We are unable to provide usage without these copies.

Please note, we are not able to receive messages or attachments greater than two mega bytes. If needed, send your files in separate messages or compress them prior to sending.

If you are visiting the Walt Disney World Resort within five days and need immediate assistance, please call us at (407) 560-2544, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm (EST). We may also be reached Sunday and Saturday between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm (EST).

I personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Experience Services Team will contact you within five days.

Sincerely,

Director, Guest Experience Services

Hello, many thanks for this great thread!
We have a trip planned at end of Oct to Nov (11 days) and I haven't purchased tickets yet. We may return in June next year so I am debating on upgrading to AP.
I have beem looking on many sites, UT, BW, TP, ML, etc for deals because I am trying to get the most bang for my buck on ticket bridging.

Do I need to purchase a 10 day ticket to be able to make my fp ressies for my entire trip? Either way, which ticket option do you feel would get me the best deal on an AP upgrade once I am there. We are planning on 2 days in the waterparks.

I am sorry if this was asked before. I haven't seen it in this thread...from what I have read.

TIA!

Hello, many thanks for this great thread!
We have a trip planned at end of Oct to Nov (11 days) and I haven't purchased tickets yet. We may return in June next year so I am debating on upgrading to AP.
I have beem looking on many sites, UT, BW, TP, ML, etc for deals because I am trying to get the most bang for my buck on ticket bridging.

1. Do I need to purchase a 10 day ticket to be able to make my fp ressies for my entire trip?
2. Either way, which ticket option do you feel would get me the best deal on an AP upgrade once I am there.
3. We are planning on 2 days in the waterparks.

1. A 10-day ticket will allow booking of a maximum of 10 days of advance FP+.
2. Whichever discounter has the most savings compared to a full-price ticket.
That can change at any time, as the discounters can decide to have a "sale" at any time.
3. That will be your priciest option. If you buy a Park Hopper PLUS (which includes Water Parks,) and you USE any of the Water Park entries, you must buy an AP which INCLUDES the Water Park options. Your other choice is to separately buy 2 single-day admissions to the Water Parks, which will also be costly.

Thank u for the quick reply. If we decide NOT to upgrade to an AP and just buy a base ticket at a 3rd party like UT, can that be upgraded at the parks to a hopper plus?

I have 7 day MYW tickets now and want to upgrade to Park Hoppers for my trip in October. I just completed my FP+ selections for the trip (which is why I want PH passes now). I have read the thread and know that I have to wait until arrival to upgrade my tickets since I purchased them from a 3rd party and not directly through Disney.

My question is this, will upgrading the passes remove any or all of my FP+ selections? I ask because the CM I just spoke with in ticket sales wasn't sure. She could only say that if that she *thinks* if they are linked to my MDE before midnight that all FP+ selections should move to the new tickets?

Just worried about losing my FP+ selections now. I'm only looking to park hop one or two days and it seems cheaper to upgrade the current tickets rather than buying one/two days of additional tickets. Unless you have a better suggestion. I have already searched the thread but not found a answer to this so please forgive.

Thanks,

Do you know how are the charges calculated? Is it similar to ticket bridging?

It IS "ticket bridging."
Upgrading discounted tickets (like from Undercover Tourist, etc.) is exactly why ticket bridging exists.

To compute the exact cost of upgrading your tickets, click HERE (Post #6 of this ticket sticky) and
use the info for the kind (and age) of the tickets you will have, to upgrade to the kind of tickets or AP that you want.

I have 7 day MYW tickets now and want to upgrade to Park Hoppers for my trip in October. I just completed my FP+ selections for the trip (which is why I want PH passes now). I have read the thread and know that I have to wait until arrival to upgrade my tickets since I purchased them from a 3rd party and not directly through Disney.

My question is this,

1. will upgrading the passes remove any or all of my FP+ selections? I ask because the CM I just spoke with in ticket sales wasn't sure. She could only say that if that
2. she *thinks* if they are linked to my MDE before midnight that all FP+ selections should move to the new tickets?

3. Just worried about losing my FP+ selections now.
4. I'm only looking to park hop one or two days and it seems cheaper to upgrade the current tickets rather than buying one/two days of additional tickets. 5. Unless you have a better suggestion.
6. I have already searched the thread but not found a answer to this so please forgive.

Thanks,
1. No.
2. FPs are not "linked to" any specific tickets.
All you need is to HAVE valid tickets of sufficient length to cover the days of your trip.
(Adding the "hopper option" to these existing tickets will simply give you more flexibility,
not delete any scheduled FPs.)
3. It wouldn't be due to upgrading your tickets.
4. Well, yes. (Likely hundreds of dollars cheaper.)
5. No problem in upgrading.
6. That's because there is no problem doing what you want to do.
It's just not a "thing." ;)

It IS "ticket bridging."
Upgrading discounted tickets (like from Undercover Tourist, etc.) is exactly why ticket bridging exists.

To compute the exact cost of upgrading your tickets, click HERE (Post #6 of this ticket sticky) and
use the info for the kind (and age) of the tickets you will have, to upgrade to the kind of tickets or AP that you want.
It IS "ticket bridging."

It makes sense now that I am reading it. I crunched the numbers and in every way it is cheaper to do hopper plus aheas
d of time than to bridge at the parks and upgrade a base ticket. All of wdw prices between base and hopper plus is $106.50 and when I checked thru touringplans.com pricing, price differences ranged from $83 to $96 depending on the amount of days.

I saw on orlandoparkdeals.com disney water 2 1-day tickets for 59.00. Do you happen to know if that site is legit? That sounds a little too good...but if it is legitemate, that would be a great savings to pair with base tickets.

Thank you for all the answers, I really appreciate the help. :-)

It makes sense now that I am reading it. I crunched the numbers and

1. in every way it is cheaper to do hopper plus aheas
d of time than to bridge at the parks and upgrade a base ticket.
2. All of wdw prices between base and hopper plus is $106.50 and when I checked thru touringplans.com pricing, price differences ranged from $83 to $96 depending on the amount of days.

3. I saw on orlandoparkdeals.com disney water 2 1-day tickets for 59.00. Do you happen to know if that site is legit? That sounds a little too good...but if it is legitemate, that would be a great savings to pair with base tickets.

1. There would be NO DIFFERENCE in the upgrade price if done in advance or in-person.
(Even though you can't DO the upgrade in advance, there would be no price advantage if your could.)
You may be computing incorrectly.
2. You would use the "WDW price" to compute the upgrade price.
(That's what price bridging is all about.)
It does not matter at all what Undercover Tourist is charging you for one of their tickets...
you will use the "WDW price" to compute the upgrade price. (Not the price you paid Undercover Tourist.)
I cover that in the price to upgrade Tickets sticky post to which I sent you (HERE.)

If you are still confused (I know I am,) please post the exact ticket (from whom, how many days, what kind, what is the price) that you intend to use
to start with, and exactly what ticket to which you want to upgrade.

I can do the math and we'll both see the exact price.

----------

3. Depends on what you want to call "legit."
That site sells tickets only if you agree to sitting through their TIMESHARE PRESENTATION.
At the bottom of their web page it says, "THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF VACATION OWNERSHIP PLANS."

Last edited:
1. There would be NO DIFFERENCE in the upgrade price if done in advance or in-person.
(Even though you can't DO the upgrade in advance, there would be no price advantage if your could.)
You may be computing incorrectly.
2. You would use the "WDW price" to compute the upgrade price.
(That's what price bridging is all about.)
It does not matter at all what Undercover Tourist is charging you for one of their tickets...
you will use the "WDW price" to compute the upgrade price. (Not the price you paid Undercover Tourist.)
I cover that in the price to upgrade Tickets sticky post to which I sent you (HERE.)

If you are still confused (I know I am,) please post the exact ticket (from whom, how many days, what kind, what is the price) that you intend to use
to start with, and exactly what ticket to which you want to upgrade.

I can do the math and we'll both see the exact price.

----------

3. Depends on what you want to call "legit."
That site sells tickets only if you agree to sitting through their TIMESHARE PRESENTATION.
At the bottom of their web page it says, "THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF VACATION OWNERSHIP PLANS."
The way I came to those prices was by using the wdw site and tp.

So for instance, lets say I purchase an 8 day base ticket thru the mousesavers link that is currently $421. Then I get to the parks and realize I want to upgrade to a hopper plus. WDW's price for an 8 day php is $559.13 and their base price is $452.63. (All after tax according to their site) The difference between their base and php is $106.50. But looking thru the touringplans.com price seach shows 8 day base at $421 and 8 day php at $508...difference of 87.00. So even though I bought the base at $421, the difference is between wdw price which is that $106.50. So I am better off getting the 8 day php thru tp ahead of time than to bridge a base ticket. My only concern is spending the money on the php and then weather preventing us from going to the waterparks. Thats why I have been searching the net for deals on waterpark tickets. But I sure don't want to sit thru a timeshare presentation to get the deal! Lol!

Am I understanding this bridging right, with my explanation? Thanks again! :-)

The way I came to those prices was by using the wdw site and tp.

Am I understanding this bridging right, with my explanation? Thanks again! :-)

Yup.

Right now, Boardwalk Ticketing has a very good deal on 8-day Park Hopper Plus tickets.

You were all so helpful with my last question, I need to run one more thing by the ticket pros here!

We have decided to upgrade our 5 day Base tickets to DVC Gold AP when we arrive on 8/17 (because we are going again in September and upgrading is cheaper than purchasing 2-3 more days of park tickets, especially when you factor in that we would have paid $169 for MM on this trip and possibly $75 or more to park during the September trip).

Questions:
1. We bought our tickets through AAA (so, discounted) and we bought them in February (pre-price increase). What value are they going to use to calculate the starting point for the price difference? I imagine they would use the amount we actually paid, but I keep seeing all kinds of information about "bridging." I mainly want to know so I can budget accordingly.

2. Where are we going to upgrade these tickets? I know Guest Services usually handles this, but if they are DVC passes, do we need to go somewhere different? This can not be done at the resort, correct?

We have decided to upgrade our 5 day Base tickets to DVC Gold AP...
1aa. We bought our tickets through AAA (so, discounted) and we bought them in February (pre-price increase). What value are they going to use to calculate the starting point for the price difference?
1bb. I imagine they would use the amount we actually paid,
1cc. but I keep seeing all kinds of information about "bridging." I mainly want to know so I can budget accordingly.

2aa. Where are we going to upgrade these tickets? I know Guest Services usually handles this, but if they are DVC passes,
2bb. do we need to go somewhere different?
2cc. This can not be done at the resort, correct?

1aa. Click HERE. Use the "B" set of instructions.
1bb. Nope. (Disney doesn't know what YOU paid for the tickets.) Use the "B" set of instructions.
1cc. Price bridging. That's what the upgrade instructions are all about.

2aa. Guest Relations.
2bb. Nope.
2cc. I'm not so sure that the CMs there would have access to the right computer files.

Last edited:
My family goes to Disney every year on the week before Thanksgiving. This year Nov 9-17th. I am also going to conference this year in Disney Nov 2-6th. I will be going to the parks Nov 2 & 5th during my conference and every day during the trip with my family. My initial plan was to buy a 10 day ticket to cover all of it. However since I’m going on the 2nd, my ticket will expire on the 16th but I plan to go to the parks on the 17th. So now I’m back to considering upgrading my ticket to an annual pass. The cost to upgrade is just slightly more than I would pay for Memory Maker and parking at the parks anyway (only needed for family vacation not conference part). I figure that I should do the upgrade on my first park day of family vacation (10th). The only downside is that then it will expire on the 10th of 2019 so I won’t be able to use it for my trip next year since we always go the week before thanksgiving, correct? Also if I upgrade on the 10th, will the free photopass downloads apply to pictures I took on nov 2-6? Any thoughts or suggestions on a better way to do my ticket or upgrade?

My family goes to Disney every year on the week before Thanksgiving. This year Nov 9-17th. I am also going to conference this year in Disney Nov 2-6th. I will be going to the parks Nov 2 & 5th during my conference and every day during the trip with my family. My initial plan was to buy a 10 day ticket to cover all of it. However
1. since I’m going on the 2nd, my ticket will expire on the 16th
2. but I plan to go to the parks on the 17th. So now I’m back to considering upgrading my ticket to an annual pass.
The cost to upgrade is just slightly more than I would pay for Memory Maker and parking at the parks anyway (only needed for family vacation not conference part).
3. I figure that I should do the upgrade on my first park day of family vacation (10th).
4. The only downside is that then it will expire on the 10th of 2019 so I won’t be able to use it for my trip next year since we always go the week before thanksgiving, correct?
5. Also if I upgrade on the 10th, will the free photopass downloads apply to pictures I took on nov 2-6?
6. Any thoughts or suggestions on a better way to do my ticket or upgrade?
1. To be clear, your last valid day would be Nov. 15.
2. OK.
3. OK.
4. Sorry, but that is not correct. Your AP would expire at the end of business on Nov. 2, 2019.
5. That won't matter. You'll get the photos from your entire trip.
6. Since you are UPGRADING your original ticket, the new AP will have the same start-date as the date that
you USED the original ticket. That's what makes it an upgrade.
If that were not the case, you would not be receiving the original value of the
original ticket as an upgrade.

1. To be clear, your last valid day would be Nov. 15.
2. OK.
3. OK.
4. Sorry, but that is not correct. Your AP would expire at the end of business on Nov. 2, 2019.
5. That won't matter. You'll get the photos from your entire trip.
6. Since you are UPGRADING your original ticket, the new AP will have the same start-date as the date that
you USED the original ticket. That's what makes it an upgrade.
If that were not the case, you would not be receiving the original value of the
original ticket as an upgrade.
That makes sense-thanks for clarifying for me! Thanks for all your help & advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter