Made the mistake of reading a Disney Parks Moms Panel article and now I'm confused. I should have known better. Trying to confirm that I can make FP+ reservations for my entire trip at 60 days on a split stay as long as I have the tickets to cover. Thought that I could, but the article suggested otherwise.
Yes you can if both are at WDW resorts.
If the second resort is non-Disney, you’d have to make those day’s FPs one-day-at-a-time, each, 60 days out.

Made the mistake of reading a Disney Parks Moms Panel article and now I'm confused. I should have known better. Trying to confirm that I can make FP+ reservations for my entire trip at 60 days on a split stay as long as I have the tickets to cover. Thought that I could, but the article suggested otherwise.

As noted by Robo above, yes. All of this is covered in the Split Stay post in the FP FAQ.

Yes you can if both are at WDW resorts.
If the second resort is non-Disney, you’d have to make those day’s FPs one-day-at-a-time, each, 60 days out.
Thanks, @Robo. Scanned the first page and didn't see it listed. Should have had another cup of coffee.

I have a ticket question.

I have two trips planned one month apart. The first trip is base tickets, second is park hoppers. If both sets of tickets are linked to me in MDE, how do I make sure the right ticket is used on my first trip?

I have a ticket question.

I have two trips planned one month apart. The first trip is base tickets, second is park hoppers. If both sets of tickets are linked to me in MDE, how do I make sure the right ticket is used on my first trip?
One way to do it is to create a dummy person and reassign the ticket to them. When your 1st trip is over you can reassign the unused ticket back to yourself. :)

Another way to do it is to wait in a really long guest service line for them to prioritize the tickets.

One way to do it is to create a dummy person and reassign the ticket to them. When your 1st trip is over you can reassign the unused ticket back to yourself. :)

Another way to do it is to wait in a really long guest service line for them to prioritize the tickets.

Thank you!! I have people on my MDE that aren't going on the first trip - I could probably just assign the tickets to them, huh? I've just never messed around with ticket assignments. I'm afraid I'm going to screw it up!

Thank you!! I have people on my MDE that aren't going on the first trip - I could probably just assign the tickets to them, huh? I've just never messed around with ticket assignments. I'm afraid I'm going to screw it up!
I was nervous about it, too, at first. But I didn't have any trouble. You can always call Disney IT if there is a problem. They are really good at fixing ticket problems. :)

My daughter who is a CP has about 6 comp. tickets that will exp. in 2020.
When she leaves Disney can she ask for those tickets to be placed on plastic cards so that she can use them in the future (Disneyland prior to exp date or New Years Eve at Epcot)

My daughter who is a CP has about 6 comp. tickets that will exp. in 2020.
When she leaves Disney can she ask for those tickets to be placed on plastic cards so that she can use them in the future (Disneyland prior to exp date or New Years Eve at Epcot)

To answer your question, she can have them converted to plastic cards at any ticket window on property.

To give more information, have her look at her comp tickets on the hub. If they've got a picture of Chip & Dale on them, they can only be used while she's an active CM, regardless of expiration date, because they require the use of her self-admission pass to "activate" them, rather like a 'regular' CM's main gate and guest passes.

I have 2 DVC Member Gold Passes 13 for 12 - New Certificates linked on our MDE. We have not used nor activated them. It says they expire on 6/21/18. My understanding was that they could be used after that day we just wouldn't get the extra month. But now a message pops up saying my passes are going to expire soon?? Is there a ticketing number I should call to check on this or will the ticket type expiration date change once we pass 6/21?

I have 2 DVC Member Gold Passes 13 for 12 - New Certificates linked on our MDE. We have not used nor activated them. It says they expire on 6/21/18. My understanding was that they could be used after that day we just wouldn't get the extra month. But now a message pops up saying my passes are going to expire soon?? Is there a ticketing number I should call to check on this or will the ticket type expiration date change once we pass 6/21?

Try calling WDW Ticketing at

(407) 566-4985 (option 5)

Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Yes they do have chip and dale on them so that means they are just like my main gate passes with lots of black out dates and the guest has to be with the employee.
When I was hired I was told comp tickets (4 per year) could be gifted to people and that they had little to no restrictions like main gate access but I guess that was wrong.
I was hoping to use these tickets in the future for a trip to Disneyland after she ends the program or for her to be able to get into Hollywood studios for toy story land during the blackout times but neither of those plans will not work if they are just like main gate.
Thanks for the information ...
So much to learn !!!!!

Yes they do have chip and dale on them so that means they are just like my main gate passes with lots of black out dates and the guest has to be with the employee.
When I was hired I was told comp tickets (4 per year) could be gifted to people and that they had little to no restrictions like main gate access but I guess that was wrong.

That's actually correct with regard to "normal CM's" comp tickets. Just not for the Chip & Dale tickets given to CPs and Seasonal cast.

Thanks ravenclawtrekkie
I am very new to all this and there is so much (too much) information online and through other cast members it is hard to get a handle on my benefits.
So my daughter can use her tickets like my main gate. I have not used my main gate because they said if I link it to my Disney experience I would loose all my tickets now and any I buy in the future such as hard ticket events because you can only have main gate period.
My husband and I go to the parks way too much to rely on main gate (16 visits per year) so I will probably never use that perk for myself, family or friends.

Many have suggested to never link my main gate to my Disney experience and only use it to enter the park if I have guests but then I do not know how my main gate would then get fast pass at the 60 day mark for them if they where staying on property ... it’s all soooo complicated !!!!

Last edited:
Thanks ravenclawtrekkie
I am very new to all this and there is so much (too much) information online and through other cast members it is hard to get a handle on my benefits.
So my daughter can use her tickets like my main gate. I have not used my main gate because they said if I link it to my Disney experience I would loose all my tickets now and any I buy in the future such as hard ticket events because you can only have main gate period.
My husband and I go to the parks way too much to rely on main gate (16 visits per year) so I will probably never use that perk for myself, family or friends.

Many have suggested to never link my main gate to my Disney experience and only use it to enter the park if I have guests but then I do not know how my main gate would then get fast pass at the 60 day mark for them if they where staying on property ... it’s all soooo complicated !!!!

I've had my main gate linked to my MDX for 3 years and never had any problems with any other tickets I've purchased and linked, including hard ticket events.

Also, your 16 per year visits doesn't apply to self-admission - you can get yourself in basically an unlimited number of days, except for self-admit blockouts (which are much less than guest pass blockouts). The 16/year only applies to spouse/guest pass uses.

As far as 60 day FP, I'm only familiar with being able to do that with my guest passes when I was the one staying on site. Check out the big FP+ thread, I think the topic of FP with CM guest passes gets addressed there?

Please forgive a question that I'm sure has been addressed. I promise I tired to search the thread for the answer! :)

Very simply: We have an annual pass (linked to a magic band, used already but still have time on it) and are going to be taking advantage of the Free Dining offer (Which of course requires us to buy tickets)

How do we go about arranging it so that the tickets remain unused and ONLY our Annual Pass is used? Is that done automatically if theyre both on the same magic band , do we need to convert the new tickets to a different magic band or a plastic card? Or are those 'minimum tickets' hard linked to the free dining plan that comes with it? etc etc...

We would simply like to save those tickets for a future visit since we have the annual pass anyway.

I'm sure many others have been in this situation and would appreciated any advice :-)

-Chris

We have an annual pass (linked to a magic band, used already but still have time on it) and are going to be taking advantage of the Free Dining offer (Which of course requires us to buy tickets)
1. How do we go about arranging it so that the tickets remain unused and ONLY our Annual Pass is used?
2. Is that done automatically if theyre both on the same magic band ,
3. do we need to convert the new tickets to a different magic band or a plastic card?
4. Or are those 'minimum tickets' hard linked to the free dining plan that comes with it? etc etc...
We would simply like to save those tickets for a future visit since we have the annual pass anyway.
2. Nope.
3. Nope.
4. Nope.

1. Create a new "fake person" (just a a made-up name) in your MyDisneyExperience account and,
after you arrive at WDW before going into a park, transfer all of the package tickets that you want to "save"
under that "fake name." Your tickets will remain unused until such time as you transfer them back to
your real names when you are ready to use those package tickets.

Try calling WDW Ticketing at

(407) 566-4985 (option 5)

Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
Just thought I would let you know what happened. Ticketing couldn't help and said the only thing they could guarantee is that I could use the value of what I paid for the APs towards new ones. Told me to call MS for more help which I did. Took a long time on the phone but they were able to fix my APs and now the expiration date is 2030 and I will still have the 13 months too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter