If you ordered "will call," you won't.
(I'm not sure that you can even order an AP voucher that is mailed to you.)

Regardless, you won't actually need any hard copy of anything.
If you have a MyDisneyExperience account, your AP voucher "confirmation number" can be added to that account. (You can do that right now, if you like.)
Otherwise, if you ordered the AP through your MDX account, the AP should already be listed in that account.

When you are ready to activate the AP at WDW, all you will need is a legal photo ID at any ticket booth or Guest Relations.
Thank you

My DS has 2 tickets linked to his account for his upcoming trip. One is a 3 day park hopper that he got through the tour company the marching band used. They gave them copies of their tickets so that they could make fastpasses. One is a 3 day ticket that he will use with us after his time with the band. It is important the the hopper past be used first, since they will be hopping and we will not during the second 3 days. Do I need to call to specify this? THANKS!!!

My DS has 2 tickets linked to his account for his upcoming trip. One is a 3 day park hopper that he got through the tour company the marching band used. They gave them copies of their tickets so that they could make fastpasses. One is a 3 day ticket that he will use with us after his time with the band. It is important the the hopper past be used first, since they will be hopping and we will not during the second 3 days. Do I need to call to specify this? THANKS!!!

Incidental to your question:
FP+ bookings are not linked to SPECIFIC tickets.
So, whichever ticket is used to enter a park on a specific day, as long as there are pre-booked FP+ on that day,
those FP+ can/will be used on that day.

What DOES matter is if a guest has more than one available ticket in his/her MDX account,
that the ticket which a guest wants to use on a given day is pre-selected.
This must be done by the guest going to a Guest Relations or ticket booth BEFORE going
to a park's entrance gate and having the CM set the PRIORITY of the tickets so that the
the ticket which the guest DOES want to use next... is set to the HIGHEST PRIORITY.

What DOES matter is if a guest has more than one available ticket in his/her MDX account,
that the ticket which a guest wants to use on a given day is pre-selected.
This must be done by the guest going to a Guest Relations or ticket booth BEFORE going
to a park's entrance gate and having the CM set the PRIORITY of the tickets so that the
the ticket which the guest DOES want to use next... is set to the HIGHEST PRIORITY.

I'm wondering if I can do this for him. I will be at the parks the day before. If I go to guest relations will they be able to look up the account and set the priority for his tickets? Thank you so much for the quick reply!!

I'm wondering if I can do this for him. I will be at the parks the day before. If I go to guest relations will they be able to look up the account and set the priority for his tickets? Thank you so much for the quick reply!!

I've not heard of doing this for someone else's tickets/account.
I suppose you could try it.

If you had his MagicBand, it might facilitate the process.
Without that, I'm not sure how the CM would be able to locate the info
(or would even trust that you are authorized to make changes in another person's account.)

A couple of questions before our trip in December:
1. (This one may have been answered in the earlier post today regarding ticket priority.) We booked our 12/17-12/22 trip and made all of our fastpasses. Later we added the Star Wars Galactic Night Party for 12/16. The SW tickets allow you to enter the park at 5pm before the actual 7pm start time of the party. We are only doing the SW party that day. If we enter at 5pm will the system know to use the party tickets or is there a chance it uses one of our regular day tickets?

2. I plan on upgrading our tickets to annual passes. The tickets were bought through Disney as part of a resort package if that makes any difference. Does it matter if we upgrade before using the tickets or is anytime during the trip Ok? Is it easier on the folks in guest services either way?

A couple of questions before our trip in December:
1. (This one may have been answered in the earlier post today regarding ticket priority.) We booked our 12/17-12/22 trip and made all of our fastpasses. Later we added the Star Wars Galactic Night Party for 12/16. The SW tickets allow you to enter the park at 5pm before the actual 7pm start time of the party. We are only doing the SW party that day.
1a. If we enter at 5pm will the system know to use the party tickets
1b. or is there a chance it uses one of our regular day tickets?

2. I plan on upgrading our tickets to annual passes. The tickets were bought through Disney as part of a resort package if that makes any difference.
2a. Does it matter if we upgrade before using the tickets
2b. or is anytime during the trip Ok?
2c. Is it easier on the folks in guest services either way?
1a. It should. They will likely have special entry gates marked just for the party guests.
1b. OTOH, there is always a CHANCE something can get deducted incorrectly.
2a. Nope.
2b. Anytime is OK. (The earlier you upgrade, the sooner you can start getting the AP benefits.)
2c. Nope.

Robo, I'm hoping you can help me out with some questions I have. I read and re-read the starting posts, particularly #3 and #5, but I wanted to make sure I have things straight in my head...

Current scenario - I booked a package for January 2018 for a 6 night stay at Pop with 6 day base tickets for myself, wife, and son. In the midst of planning our son's first trip to WDW, we've become "infected" with the Disney pixie dust, such that we are already talking about return visits in 2018 even though our January trip hasn't even started! That being said, I ran some numbers, and I think that if I upgraded to a Platinum Pass, subtracting the cost of the 6 day base, subtracting the cost of Memory Maker, and subtracting a 25% discount on our Pop stay, I would only have to pay $30 to receive all of the benefits and perks of an annual passholder. I could easily recoup that $30 in food and merchandise discounts. Even though my trip hasn't started, can I do this?

I didn't know if there is any issue unbundling the tickets and room cost from the package I had booked. I also did a speculative reservation to see what a 6 night stay at Pop for our same dates would cost, and took a 25% discount (since AP discounts were 25-35%, I assumed values got 25%), so those are the numbers I used. I know that we could upgrade my wife and son's tickets as well, but for our January trip, park hopping isn't in the plans, so it makes sense to upgrade them during our trip to help spread out the payments. I can't think of any other benefit to upgrading them now other than parkhopping.

Also, does this affect fastpasses? My 60 day window was yesterday, and I booked 3 fastpasses for each of us for each day of our trip. I know annual passholders can only book 30 days out, but wouldn't my fastpasses still remain intact since we are staying onsite? Would there be any issue with magicbands and the activation of them?

Thanks in advance - sorry about the long post!

I booked a package for January 2018 for a 6 night stay at Pop with 6 day base tickets for myself, wife, and son.
I think that if I upgraded to a Platinum Pass, subtracting the cost of the 6 day base, subtracting the cost of Memory Maker,
1. and subtracting a 25% discount on our Pop stay,
2. I would only have to pay $30 to receive all of the benefits and perks of an annual passholder. I could easily recoup that $30 in food and merchandise discounts. Even though my trip hasn't started, can I do this?

3. I didn't know if there is any issue unbundling the tickets and room cost from the package I had booked.
4. I also did a speculative reservation to see what a 6 night stay at Pop for our same dates would cost,
5. and took a 25% discount (since AP discounts were 25-35%, I assumed values got 25%), so those are the numbers I used.
6a. & 6b. I know that we could upgrade my wife and son's tickets as well, but for our January trip, park hopping isn't in the plans, so it makes sense to upgrade them during our trip to help spread out the payments. I can't think of any other benefit to upgrading them now other than parkhopping.

7. Also, does this affect fastpasses? My 60 day window was yesterday, and I booked 3 fastpasses for each of us for each day of our trip.
8. I know annual passholders can only book 30 days out, but wouldn't my fastpasses still remain intact since we are staying onsite?
9. Would there be any issue with magicbands and the activation of them?
1. I don't know if there will be any discounts for rooms during your trip(s.)
AP room discounts are not "all the time" nor are they necessarily 25%, nor are they for every room.
(Only a limited number of rooms are available with AP discounts, when they are offered at all.)
2. Maybe, but I'd not get too confident in that $30 amount. (Could be close, I don't know.)
3. To book an AP discount room, you'd first re-book getting the AP room (if available,) and then cancel your original room.
4. Good.
5. See my #1 above. No guarantees of any AP discount rooms during your trip(s.)
6a. You've completely lost me there.
7. No.
8. The on-site stay dictates the 60-day advance FP+ booking, regardless of the kind of ticket (or AP) that you have.
9. No.

6b. You do not need to ALREADY OWN an AP to BOOK an AP discounted room (if any are available.)
You would ALL THREE do the upgrade to AP after arrival for your upcoming trip.
No need to do anyone's upgrade to AP in advance of your trip.

I would not make purchasing an AP contingent on necessarily getting a discounted AP room.
They are not a "sure thing."

1. I don't know if there will be any discounts for rooms during your trip(s.)
AP room discounts are not "all the time" nor are they necessarily 25%, nor are they for every room.
(Only a limited number of rooms are available with AP discounts, when they are offered at all.)
2. Maybe, but I'd not get too confident in that $30 amount. (Could be close, I don't know.)
3. To book an AP discount room, you'd first re-book getting the AP room (if available,) and then cancel your original room.
4. Good.
5. See my #1 above. No guarantees of any AP discount rooms during your trip(s.)
6a. You've completely lost me there.
7. No.
8. The on-site stay dictates the 60-day advance FP+ booking, regardless of the kind of ticket (or AP) that you have.
9. No.

6b. You do not need to ALREADY OWN an AP to BOOK an AP discounted room (if any are available.)
You would ALL THREE do the upgrade to AP after arrival for your upcoming trip.
No need to do anyone's upgrade to AP in advance of your trip.

I would not make purchasing an AP contingent on necessarily getting a discounted AP room.
They are not a "sure thing."

Thanks Robo, I knew you'd be able to decipher my convoluted post! I didn't know AP discounts weren't available for all resorts and room types, other than the blackout periods, but our trip doesn't coincide with any blackout dates. I guess I was surprised to learn the following:
1. I would have to cancel my current room reservation and rebook the new AP room if any are available. Since I don't have a specific designated room yet, I thought this could just be something WDW could change within their electronic system (apply a different code, check this box while unchecking that one, etc)
2. I don't have to own an AP to book an AP discounted room? I thought that would be the first requirement? Disney assumes I would upgrade to the AP at some point during the trip to retroactively get the discount?
3. Does everyone in my party have to upgrade to AP? I thought just the reservation holder would have to have one to get the discount. Other members would have until the last day of our tickets to upgrade in order to have their current ticket cost applied against the AP cost.

Thanks again Robo!

Thanks Robo, I knew you'd be able to decipher my convoluted post! I didn't know AP discounts weren't available for all resorts and room types, other than the blackout periods, but our trip doesn't coincide with any blackout dates. I guess I was surprised to learn the following:

I would have to cancel my current room reservation and rebook the new AP room if any are available.
1. Since I don't have a specific designated room yet, I thought this could just be something WDW could change within their electronic system (apply a different code, check this box while unchecking that one, etc)
2a. I don't have to own an AP to book an AP discounted room?
2b. I thought that would be the first requirement?
2c. Disney assumes I would upgrade to the AP at some point during the trip to retroactively get the discount?
3a. Does everyone in my party have to upgrade to AP?
3b. I thought just the reservation holder would have to have one to get the discount.
4. Other members would have until the last day of our tickets to upgrade in order to have their current ticket cost applied against the AP cost.

1. Nope. And, you need to note that FIRST you would make the AP room reservation, THEN cancel your current room.
2a. No. You can first book the AP room without an AP, then get the AP after you arrive at WDW... even after checking in.
2b. Nope.
2c. It would not be "retroactively." You would only be billed the lower cost AP room rate that was part of the booking.
However, if you did not actually buy/upgrade to the AP, as assumed, you could then be billed at the full room rate at checkout.
3a. Nope.
3b. You can do it that way. I'd think you would plan multiple trips with an AP, so that
just the ticket savings, alone (maybe adding the savings on Memory Maker) would justify all having an AP.
I never base my AP purchase based (primarily) on getting an AP room discount. That is just "gravy"
if and when my trips match any available AP rooms.
4. Yup.

Last edited:
1. Nope. And, you need to note that FIRST you would make the AP room reservation, THEN cancel your current room.
2a. No. You can first book the AP room without an AP, then get the AP after you arrive at WDW... even after checking in.
2b. Nope.
2c. If you don't actually buy/upgrade to the AP, as assumed, you'd be billed at the full rate at checkout.
3a. Nope.
3b. You can do it that way. I'd think you would plan multiple trips with an AP, so that
just the ticket savings, alone (maybe adding the savings on Memory Maker) would justify all having an AP.
I never base my AP purchase based (primarily) on getting an AP room discount. That is just "gravy"
if and when my trips match any available AP rooms.
4. Yup.

Thanks again Robo. We didnt book our trip with any intention of getting an AP, but after thinking we might take another trip later in the year, it made sense to at least do my due diligence. Plus, if my numbers were correct based on certain assumptions, we might be able to break even on this trip if just one of us upgraded to an AP, so we would at least upgrade one while having 5 days to think about upgrading the other two. I have a voicemail and email out to the CM who has helped me previously with my reservation package, so I'll just hope there is AP availability for my trip timeframe. Your answers and suggestions are invaluable!

Is there any advantage to upgrading to AP prior to arrival? Other than shelling out more money right before the holidays.....

As an AP holder, do I get any discount when purchasing MYW tickets for others in my group?

Nope.
Discounts on certain "party" and/or "show" tickets, but not regular MYW park tickets.

(Don't know why this old post (from 10 months ago) popped up just now.)

I have a question about AP and FP. If I can't make a FP until 30 days out, how will I ever be able to see the big attractions, like Pandora? The FP are always gone before my booking window. Seems like a really weird limitation for someone buying an AP. I realize staying on property helps with an earlier booking window but is that really the only way to secure a good FP if you're an AP holder?

I have a question about AP and FP. If I can't make a FP until 30 days out, how will I ever be able to see the big attractions, like Pandora? The FP are always gone before my booking window. Seems like a really weird limitation for someone buying an AP. I realize staying on property helps with an earlier booking window but is that really the only way to secure a good FP if you're an AP holder?

One of the many problems that Disney created with the implementation of FP+.

There was much discussion of these consequences when the idea of "advance-booking of FP"
was first announced by Disney. So many of these concerns have come to fruition.
There are certain positive aspects with any new plan, but along with them come the inevitable "unintended consequences."

As to being able to book FP for the tip-top headliners closer to your actual park dates:
Just keep checking and re-checking and re-checking and re-checking...

Apologies if this has already been asked. We just renewed our Florida resident AP's which expire in January. Our new magic bands arrived, but no cards. I thought they were getting away from those but in the box with the magic bands was an insert with AP information which stated to use your card for parking and discounts. Do they mail these or do we need to go to guest relations on our next trip and request them?

Apologies if this has already been asked. We just renewed our Florida resident AP's which expire in January. Our new magic bands arrived, but no cards. I thought they were getting away from those but in the box with the magic bands was an insert with AP information which stated to use your card for parking and discounts. Do they mail these or do we need to go to guest relations on our next trip and request them?
You will need to stop at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location to get a Passholder Card.

For parking, they can scan your MB to verify eligibility for free parking. For discounts, most locations will give you the discount if you show your passholder details in the MDE mobile app.

You will need to stop at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location to get a Passholder Card.

For parking, they can scan your MB to verify eligibility for free parking. For discounts, most locations will give you the discount if you show your passholder details in the MDE mobile app.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!