Alaska Cruise - Good Crab Legs in Ports?

leannak

DIS Veteran
Anyone who’s done an Alaska cruise (or planned extensively for one!) Is there anyplace to get truly delicious crab legs in the summer near any of the ports? We will be looking for warm crab legs with butter 😋 Reviews I’ve seen so far have a lot of reviews for cold, dried out, skimpy crab legs. ☹️

Last edited:
I had the crab legs at Tracy's Crab shack, It's in Juneau. They were cooked fresh when ordered and were excellent. The best crab I had on that trip was not in any of the ports but was at the Alaskan State Fair. I had a king crab leg there that was as long as my arm. With that said I would highly recommend Tracy's.

Thanks for the information! Definitely want to try crab legs in Alaska!

George Inlet Lodge serves fresh dungeness crab legs in Ketchikan. If you go, be sure to eat quickly, since while they claim all you can eat, it's really all you can eat for 30 minutes. It's pricey, but a fun experience.

I've heard great things about Tracy's Crab Shack, but haven't personally been. Icy Strait Point also has crab legs for sale, and I think they are the cheapest option if you just care about trying some.

Second (third) the 👍 for Tracy’s. I enjoyed the King Crab better than the Snow.

It is expensive, can have a long line, you share a table (think communal dining), and no air con (hot or cold). But it’s good. My visit was a September stop and cold. The better congealed easily, but they gave me more as I needed it.

Low season and 2021, when ships were 1/3 capacity:

IMG_4359.jpeg

Snow crab dinner. Coke slaw, bread, butter. Coke was fountain. Beer available.

The King crab was one very long, thick piece (as @Kennywood demonstrated in previous post). Either type sold by the pound.

IMG_4363.jpeg

Here’s the menu (2024). I think it was that price in 2021!

IMG_7157.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter