Akershus or Cinderella's Table?

disnutnat

Earning My Ears
Planning a trip in August and want to do a princess dining experience. Which is better for two six year old princesses? It's been years since I've done Cinderella's Royal Table,so I don't remember which princesses are there. Any feedback is appreciated!

I've only been to Akershus, but we loved the princess experience. The food itself was a little iffy for me. I couldn't stomach the sandwich I'd ordered, so I filled up on food from the salad bar (the food is Norwegian). We chose Akershus over CRT just because we were on the dining plan and we didn't want to use two meal credits for one meal.

But again, the princess interaction was great. My girls were never so well-behaved! :rotfl:

We ate breakfast at both on our last visit and of the two, I prefer Aker. Don't get me wrong, eating in the castle was a fantastic experience and the food was decent, we just felt so rushed from the moment we stepped through the door. The princesses were all warm and welcoming, stopping at each table for a quick chat and photo, but they also seemed rushed. I felt the character interaction was much better at Aker and the food was good also.

DD (6) and I are going back this October for our first mother/daughter only trip and when I asked her which she wanted to do again, she immediately said the castle. I guess the excitement of castle dining wins out in the eyes of a litle princessesprincess:

We've only eaten breakfast at CRT. Was not impressed. I don't think we need to go back. The set up is strange, and felt really crammed. The food was just ok, and DH was still hungry afterwards. Service wasn't so great.

Akershus breakfast was your standard, with seconds if you have hungry men. Princess interaction seemed better because it's not as crammed and more princesses going around at the same time. They also had a princess parade line when we were there for dinner last time. Can't remember if they do so for breakfast.

Cinderella's Royal Table was good but their options for food are limited. Definitely worth a try at least once because, you know, BREAKFAST IN THE CASTLE :) the princess interaction is great and all the girls get little plastic wands. It's a great way to start a MK day.

Akershus, on the other hand, was the highlight of our Epcot day this year! Everyone loved the food and the princess interaction was the best we had seen the whole trip. You can't really go wrong with either. But if you're on the DDP, I'd go with Akershus because it's only one credit :-)

Whatever you end up choosing, I hope you have a great time!!!

Depends on what means the most to you and the girls! IMO, food aside, eating at CRT can't be beat for the experience - at least once. We went years ago when the food was still delicious, but we would never regret eating there. It was an exciting experience - even for dh & I.

That's a tough choice. We have done CRT once. The experience was great but the food was kind of meh IMO. I'm glad we did it, it was awesome to eat in the castle, but I don't see doing it again. We do Akershus every trip for breakfast. We love the food, we love the experience, we love starting out in WS early on that day of our trip.

We had dinner at CRT and we did not like the food. Maybe breakfast is better there :confused3.
I wished we would of used our 2 dining credits some where else.
They did have all the popular princesses though. If you have little ones it may be worth it just to see them.

We've only eaten breakfast at CRT. Was not impressed. I don't think we need to go back. The set up is strange, and felt really crammed. The food was just ok, and DH was still hungry afterwards. Service wasn't so great.

Akershus breakfast was your standard, with seconds if you have hungry men. Princess interaction seemed better because it's not as crammed and more princesses going around at the same time. They also had a princess parade line when we were there for dinner last time. Can't remember if they do so for breakfast.

Yes, they do the princess parade for breakfast at Akershus as well.

I've eaten breakfast at both Akershus and CRT. Both were good experiences, but I don't think CRT is worth the extra money. The atmosphere at Akershus is just as impressive as CRT, and once you're inside CRT, I didn't have any sense being "in the castle". I agree with PP that the character experience is a little better at Akershus. I also prefer the buffet option at Akershus.

Thanks for all the input guys! Counting down the days until our magical vacation!

Honestly I think CRT is just for the experience, the food is ok. I will never forget my husbands face when he got his cheese plate. Wish I caught it on camera, he is a meat & potatoes man lol. We did both princess meals the same trip and we all thought CRT was just to say we ate in the castle. We see the same princess at both meals. Except one is a lot cheaper. We also it the dinner at 1900 park flare with Cinderella that was a lot more fun. The step sisters put on such a show. Honestly it's the meals are not great it's all for the experience.

I'd go with CRT for the experience. Even as a guy, I remember as a child going "into THE Castle!" I still love doing it now lol.
Every time a Disney movie comes on I'll mess with my mom and be like, "dawww we ate in there when I was a kid!"

This is my comparison between Akershus and CRT:

PRINCESSES: In general, the princesses are pretty similar between the two venues. Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella are among the "standard" princesses at both venues. Jasmine is usually the fifth princesses at CRT and Belle is the fifth princess at Akerhsus. At Akershus, you take the photo package photo with Belle (yellow dress) while at CRT the photo is with Cinderella.

INTERACTION: I found the princesses at both locations to be equally friendly/interactive. I did like the set-up a little better at CRT. The princesses enter to a little fanfare (quick summary of the story; like three sentences) and then follow a set route. So once the first one goes by, you know that when next princesses reaches a certain table, it means you're next. No more having a princess show up and your is full! At Akershus, the princesses don't really have a route so you never know when one will show up. We even had the character handler come up to our table and ask if we'd seen a princess (in our case, Cinderella) yet because she was about to head to the next room.

GAMES: There are no games/activities at CRT. There was a princess parade at Akershus (at least there was at dinner). All of the kids were invited to parade through the dining room with one of the princesses.

FOOD: Neither venue had outstanding food, but honestly, folks go for the experience and the characters. I went for dinner at both. I liked the cold board/appetizers at Akershus better. I liked the desserts better at CRT. The entrees were about the even (in terms of which I liked).

ATMOSPHERE: This is where CRT really shines. Akershus is fine, but there really isn't anything "magical" about the setting. At CRT, you're eating inside Cinderella's castle! Everything about it seems to say "Disney" to me. Plus, kids get a toy wand or sword (adults too if you ask) and a wishing star.

COST: In this way, Akershus wins. It's only one credit (on the DDP), whereas CRT is 2. If paying cash, I would probably opt to pay the extra money and go to CRT because of the overall experience. If you're on a budget, then Akershus is a good option for princesses.

OVERALL: If you had to only pick one and budget wasn't a consideration, I would go with CRT. I would especially go to CRT if you have children that are into princesses and dining in a "castle." If you have budgetary considerations, then Akershus is less expensive and you see largely the same princesses.

We have done Akershus for breakfast and dinner, and we have done CRT for breakfast. I prefer Akershus for many of the reasons previous posters have stated above. HOWEVER....

I just asked my now 12 year old daughter (at-home courtesy of yet another snow day) who was heavily into all things princess from age 3 until age 10 and the answer was a resounding CRT. She said "C'mon Mom! I mean Akershus was nice and all, but I mean really, It's no Cinderella's Castle'!!

And there you have it...

If either of your little princesses is a fan of Beauty and the Beast then definitely go with Akershus as Belle is very rarely, if ever, at CRT. Both inclued photo packages, CRT with Cinderella obviously, and Akershus with Belle. The main draw at CRT is the fact that it is in the castle. I thought the food at both places was good, but not great. If you are on the DDP I would go with Akershus only because I would hate to use 2 dining credits on one meal that isn't astounding.

we preferred Akershus over CRT....the food was delicious plus the room with all the extras...Our granddaughter and grandson loved norway so much we went two years in a row to it..not rushed at all and our wait person was very attentive at filling up the items that we needed for the table food...the buffet food was delicious too...muffins and donuts and fresh fruit and bagels..like a regular all you can eat buffet..the eggs, sausage, bacon and potato casserole were always hot and plenty offered...

We haven't done CRT, but we've done Akershus twice and we love it. So much so, that I haven't even considered doing CRT. We will be doing Akershus for a 3rd time with my almost 3 year old and 6 year old this year, both love princesses.

I wasn't a fan of Akershus. I thought the restaurant seemed dingy and just kind of ugly. I didn't care for the buffet, either. It had like a cold fish bar for breakfast, and the other breakfast items seemed limited. I don't eat anything that spends it's life in the water. Princess interaction was pretty much just like all the others. You get a photo op before you are seated with the headliner princess, but don't get to see her during the meal. And the other princesses are so rushed that it's basically just another photo op. And then the ridiculous princess parade. At CRT I don't think we even saw another princess, we saw the Fairy Godmother (who griped at my kids about what they were eating and made them cry) and step sisters.

Obviously I'm not a huge fan. At Disneyland the princesses actually spend some time at the table, talk to your kids, even sit and color a picture. Maybe because they aren't so busy, but at Akershus and CRT it feels very rushed and just like a photo op. If I had to choose, I'd choose CRT just because the restaurant isn't so dirty looking, and eating in the castle is an experience all on its own.

Been to both, enjoyed both. I will never forget when we ate the castle and my young son met Cinderella... he came up to me afterwards and said, "Daddy, I Love her!" I thought, me too!
To be honest, I think Akershus is the better deal and the food is a tad better but i think its really a push.. you can't go wrong either way!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest