AK advice please- one day with two adults

AJruns

Mouseketeer
Hi all, looking for advice for my upcoming January AK day. I'm used to being a solo traveler, and have visited once before in 2019, but this time my 80 year old mother is joining me so my strategy is definitely shifting. She's very mobile but won't want to do any of the thrill rides, or anything even remotely involving motion/moving images. Therefore, I've identified my top two priorities as Kilimanjaro and Festival of the Lion King. I think she could probably handle Na’vi River from what I've read, and we'd both definitely enjoy the petting zoo. I can't plug any of this into the "my day" on the app to get suggestions because the 2023 Festival of the Lion King schedule has not been released yet. I think I'm resigned to Genie+ for this, so with that in mind, what LL would you try for first, and what order would you do these in to minimize extra walking? In a dream world we'd be able to fit it in before 1pm, but I have a feeling we will need to come back in the afternoon to get it all done. Thank you!

Definitely do Navi first. Then to the Safari, and you may then be able to make the first Lion King show (which is usually at 10:00)

You probably know this, but the ride on the Safari trucks is very rough.

When at AK this las March, the lines for Lion King were INSANELY long. We waited for quite some time, then found out the showtime we’d aimed for was full and we were way at the back of a long line waiting for the NEXT HOUR’S show. We knew we couldn’t stay standing another hour, so had to abandon the line. Never got to see it.

So, given your priorities, I suggest you schedule that on Genie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter