Airport to Disney Springs Hotels

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
We always drive but thinking about flying this time.

What transportation options are available? We’ll need to get from MCO to a hotel in Disney Springs. Quick trip, planning to try the hotel shuttles.

Thanks!

When I lived in Orlando, I almost always used the shared ride shuttles by Mears Transportation. Never had a problem. Last month, I ended up flying into Orlando for a stay at one of the Disney Springs Hotels. I opted for the shared ride shuttle and it was just as simple as it had been in the past. It took about 15 minutes for a vehicle to arrive after I checked in. But, I was the only passenger, so it was a bargain for the nonstop trip.

Whether shared ride shuttles make sense will depend on how many in your party. Mears charges $23/18 (adult/child) for one way or $37/28 for round trip. They charge $81 for private sedan service. If you have 4 people, it's better to get the sedan.

Mears Transportation: http://mearstransportation.com/

As ginny65 notes, the Mears Taxi fare should be around $45. (That's exactly what their fare estimator says: $45.61 to the DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista.) The only caveat to taking a taxi is that traffic can quickly change the cost.

Mears Taxi Fare Estimator: http://www.mearstransportation.com/taxi-services/taxi-fare-estimator/

Not to hijack the thread, but we have taken mears shuttles in the past. They can take quite a while! For 2 adults, 1 child plus cost of getting to hotel (Dolphin in our case), how much extra would it cost?

I would take Mears Taxi (not shuttle). They will drive straight to Dolphin. You don't share the taxi with anyone else. They have minivan sized taxis. They charge per car, not per person. You would probably pay approximately $50 to get to Dolphin. I could be off a few dollars. Call them (855-463-2776). They will give you an approximate amount.

Not to hijack the thread, but we have taken mears shuttles in the past. They can take quite a while! For 2 adults, 1 child plus cost of getting to hotel (Dolphin in our case), how much extra would it cost?

Mears provides some of your options at their website: http://mearstransportation.com/

Here's what they will say for a trip to the Walt Disney World Dolphin:
  • Shared Ride Van Service - One Way: $23 per adult or $18 per child
  • Shared Ride Van Service - Round Trip: $37 per adult or $28 per child
  • Luxury Sedan - One Way: $93 for three passengers
  • Luxury SUV or Van - One Way: $112 for three passengers
If you book online, use code "WEB10" and receive 10% off the above prices.

I would take Mears Taxi (not shuttle). They will drive straight to Dolphin. You don't share the taxi with anyone else. They have minivan sized taxis. They charge per car, not per person. You would probably pay approximately $50 to get to Dolphin. I could be off a few dollars. Call them (855-463-2776). They will give you an approximate amount.

Is this metered or flat rate? I've never heard of Mears offering flat rates for taxis from the airport.

We ended up booking the shuttle . I get online help and the woman gave me 15 percent off so it was a good savings roundtrip.

Is this metered or flat rate? I've never heard of Mears offering flat rates for taxis from the airport.
I'm sure it is metered but we have used their taxi service several times, always calling and receiving a quote before booking. We always mention that quote when we get in the car with the driver. I'm not sure if that keeps them in check, but our trip has never been much more if more at all than the rate estimate quoted.

I'm sure it is metered but we have used their taxi service several times, always calling and receiving a quote before booking. We always mention that quote when we get in the car with the driver. I'm not sure if that keeps them in check, but our trip has never been much more if more at all than the rate estimate quoted.

Thanks for the reply. That's my biggest gripe about taxis...the uncertainty. Nothing is worse than running into unexpected traffic and seeing the price you expected double.

We also drive on all our vacations. I haven't been on a plane since 1998....I have flights booked in May and we will be staying at a Disney Springs hotel. Is there a reason people choose Mears over Uber/Lyft? When I did Uber and Lyft's fare calculator both came out to about $26 to $32 one way...

I've only done Uber one time and it was pretty easy but I don't have a lot of experience with that sort of thing. Is there a chance there could not be someone around to pick us up? Is it that Mears is scheduled and guaranteed? Thanks!!

Mears is the company that runs DME and is also the official taxi of Disney I believe. They have a taxi stand and a shuttle stand very close to where you get on the DME bus. They are very reliable.

Last edited:
I won't use Uber/Lyft because I disagree with their business model. Both companies started out by ignoring laws through false claim of calling themselves "technology" companies. Additionally, Uber has been plagued with numerous instances of what I consider to be unacceptable behavior by company leadership.

Also, remember that you're getting into a private vehicle driven by an independent contractor who may not have been interviewed in person by the company. You have no idea whether that vehicle has been properly maintained.

I feel much more comfortable in a taxi because I feel that the vehicle is subject to routine maintenance and it's operated by an employee of the company. Although I can't tell you about Mears, the local taxi company I use has video cameras that record the first 5 minutes of every trip.

For the record, my decision to not use Uber or Lyft costs me time and/or money. I don't own a car. If I need to get somewhere, I take the bus (which costs me time) or call a cab (which costs me money) when compared to Uber/Lyft. So, I am putting my money where my mouth is.

That said, I recognize that some people don't share my viewpoint. So, don't read this as me trying to convince you not to use them. Although, if you're undecided between the two, go for Lyft. Uber has had many, many ethical controversies over the years.

What about a car service - they have deals if you do round trip (see All Ears)
How about Happy Limo ?
They have
Sedan/Town Car (2008-2011)
Mini Van 2015 or newer
LINCOLN MKT 2016 or newer
Ford Transit van low top 2015 or newer
Suburban 2016 or newer
Ford Transit van + trailor low top 2015 or newer
8-Pax Lincoln MKT Stretch Limo 2015 OR Newer
Ford High Top Transit Van 2015 or newer
24-pax mini bus

10-12 pax Mercedes Benz Sprinter Limousine 2015 or newer
28-pax Mini Bus
16 Pax Hummerzine
39-Pax midsize motor coach
41-Pax Minibus
56-Pax Motor Coach

Hmmmm just got off the phone with a cast member. I was asking about transportation from the airport to the Best Western at Dinsey Springs and she told me that we could take the Magical Express but our luggage would be delayed for up to three hours. I have never stayed at this hotel before but I waited too long to book the resorts we usually stay at and this was my last affordable choice. After reading these post I feel like I have been misinformed by the cast member.

Hmmmm just got off the phone with a cast member. I was asking about transportation from the airport to the Best Western at Dinsey Springs and she told me that we could take the Magical Express but our luggage would be delayed for up to three hours. I have never stayed at this hotel before but I waited too long to book the resorts we usually stay at and this was my last affordable choice. After reading these post I feel like I have been misinformed by the cast member.
I am glad for your sake you are part of the DIS. No ME for Disney Springs hotels. I wish there were checks for CMs, that is a major thing to show up at the airport and find out it was not true.

what about Happy Limo or another car service
you can get a 30 minute food store stop and pick up snacks and water bottles
We do it instead of ME and we have our luggage with us :)

We used Lyft in January and it was $26. There were four of us and it was super quick and easy. We will do it again in a April!
Is this $26 to the airport from Disney Springs area?
We've never used Lyft. Do they have a specific code or request for a vehicle that can accommodate 4 adults and 4 pieces of luggage (somewhat larger than carryon size)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter