Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

Donald - my hero

<font color=blue>Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
upload_2018-3-9_11-24-21.png
The website is live, time to head over and make your battle plan !!!

Mega Miles
Here's a link to ALL the coupons for reference
ALL Mega Miles Coupons

**** Pay close attention to the fact that for this promo you must make your purchases at 5 DIFFERENT sponsors to qualify for the maximum bonus miles. You can still use as many coupons as you are able to (and some will even be good for multiple uses, I'll point those out once i can read the actual terms) BUT it is the number of SPONSORS NOT COUPONS that will count towards completing the promo****

Some tips to help when it comes time to track down wayward miles (because let's be honest there will be several of us who run into Road blocks!)

• Grab several copies of the booklet to allow you to staple the correct coupon to the receipts
  • Keep every receipt connected to the promo
  • Take screen shots of any & all FAQs and fine print attached to both the promo AND each coupon.
  • Keep copies of any e-mails from Airmiles & partner stores about the promo.
  • If possible try to complete at least 6 offers at 6 different sponsors so that if one doesn't credit properly you will still get the maximum number of miles.

When it comes time to do the actual shopping leave all offspring & significant others who don't understand the seriousness of this hunt at home and have fun! If that's not possible you could always go with this plan!
donald shopping.JPG

Company line of when the miles should appear in your accounts are as follows. The miles will be deposited according to your preferred account on the DAY they are deposited so think carefully about what you have your account set to at all times!
  • the bonus miles will appear by is 120 days after end of promo : August 10th
  • Last date the bonus miles for any of the individual coupons to appear is also 120 days : August 10th (if you need to check the amount of miles each coupon would give, the links in the 3rd post are still active for each province)
  • Last date for any of the ON-LINE shopping miles to appear is only 75 days: June 26th
  • Last date for the 50 bonus miles from completing 2 online transactions is also 75 days : June 26th
  • Last date for the IGA sign up to post is 30 days : May 12th (this is still up in the air regarding those of us who do NOT live in Quebec) ****ETA mine posted today: May 7th
Historical timelines from previous promos:
  • Mega Miles in 2017 ran until May 31st the 120 mark for that was Sept 28th : first sighting of miles was July 13th, miles for the online shopping coupon around July 31st with some reporting as long as Aug 21st
  • Shop the Block 2017 ran until Dec 14th: first sighting of miles was Feb 3rd, many of us only got 1/2 and were told to wait til Feb 8th but online chat starting adding them around Feb 6th
  • Shop the Block 2016 ran until Dec 14th the 120 day mark for that was April 13th BUT the site clearly said they would post by end of Feb. First sighting was Feb 3rd but a LOT of people got only 1/2 and it took till middle of MAY for some to get it straightened out
  • Mega Miles in 2015 was BRUTAL -- needed to use 5 coupons and bonus only went to the first 60,000 who completed the coupons the rest of us got varying amounts, we got (get this FIVE!)

Last edited:
FAQs:

You can use this direct link to see what Airmiles has for their answers:

Mega Miles FAQs

This page will remain live even after the promo ends (you can still see the ones from LAST year's MM and StB if you use direct links) but if you want a copy for your records you could copy & paste into a document and/or print it out.

If you click on each offer you will be able to see the terms that are specific to that offer -- this is where you will also be able to see how many times you can use the offer for the miles that the coupon will give you, some are a one shot deal but others can be used multiple times .. couple of examples:
From the Foodland Threshold spend offer

• Offer valid at all participating Foodland locations in Ontario from March 8 to April 12, 2018. Limit one Bonus Offer per Air Miles Collector Number. Qualifying purchase must be made in a single transaction and excludes taxes, tobacco products, gift cards, bottle deposits, prescriptions, lottery, alcoholic beverages, fuel, post office, photo finishing, video, 3rd party florist, Western Union and any other non-discountable products. Presentation of the coupon and an AIR MILES Card are required at time of purchase to receive the Bonus Offer. Cannot be combined with other minimum spend/receive offer(s). ®™Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys Capital Incorporated.
From the Rexall Threshold spend offer
  • *Offer valid March 17 - April 6, 2018. Minimum purchase of $40 or more in a single transaction before taxes, after discounts and exclusions.Limit one offer per transaction.

From the Shell offer

• *Offer valid March 8 – April 12, 2018 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 10 Bonus Miles on a minimum transaction of 25L of Shell Bronze, Shell Silver or Shell Diesel fuel during the promotional period, up to a maximum of 60 Bonus Miles per Collector Number. Original coupon must be presented in conjunction with a valid AIR MILES Card in-store at time of purchase. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers.
From the IGA offer
  • *Valid from March 8 to April 12, 2018 at participating IGA and IGA extra supermarkets in Quebec and New Brunswick and on purchases made at IGA.net, upon presentation of this coupon, your AIR MILES collector card and according to in store products availability. Limit of one offer per transaction.
The Terms & conditions will still be accessible thru this link after April 12th if you need a reference

Mega Miles Terms & Conditions

Last edited:
OK -- i was intending to post direct links to the coupons and delete the images but i need people to check the links -- it looks to me like some are heading to the WRONG coupons? Like LCBO under some of the Atlantic & a few Western links ??? Scroll thru the whole list for your region to see if they are *sorta* correct?

AB Coupons
BC Coupons
MB Coupons
NB Coupons
NF Coupons
NS Coupons
ON Coupons
PE Coupons
QC Coupons
SK Coupons

Manitoba
IMG_8372.jpg

Last edited:
Online shopping : Thru the Airmilesshop.ca portal
The how-to's
poke around the website if you haven't before so you know which stores are there.
You should just be able to click thru the airmilesshop link and they *should* automatically count towards the bonus outlined below (2 transactions greater than $20 for 50 AM). Check out the first post in this thread for information regarding online shopping and be careful with the terms & conditions with Amazon specifically!!
Airmiles Alert Weekly Thread
You will need to keep detailed records for these transactions since a lot of us often find these get lost in the shuffle of the big promos. You will need the following:

• date of transaction
  • pre-tax & shipping total
  • name of store
  • if there are any multipliers that apply when you made the purchase -- currently there are several stores with those and I will update this list and leave it in this post for future reference
Timeline for receiving miles thru the Airmilesshop portal is slightly different than other partners BTW, so if you do need to follow-up don't let an online chat agent steer you wrong!
Directly from the FAQs on that webpage:

When will my Miles appear in my account?
Base Miles may take up to 60 days from the date of qualifying purchase to be posted to your Collector account. Bonus Miles may take up to 75 days from the date of qualifying purchase to be posted to your Collector account. Please note, if you booked travel through an airmilesshops.ca online store, your Miles will be issued up to 60 days from when your trip was completed for Base Miles, and up to 75 days after trip completion for Bonus Miles.
Miles will show in your Collector account from airmilesshops.ca and the online store where you shopped, and Miles from a single transaction may appear in multiple line items if you took advantage of any Bonus Offers and/or sitewide multiplier events.

If your transaction includes a multiplier offer it will post separately -one line for the base amount and a separate line for the multiplier. This image shows how a $25.00 purchase thru Amazon with a 10X multiplier posted
upload_2018-3-16_23-8-14.png

1--Offer bonus of 50 miles (valid throughout the campaign, March 8 - April 12, 2018) Offer valid March 8 - April 12, 2018. Receive 50 bonus AIR MILES® Miles by making at least 2 eligible purchases of C $ 20 or more plus (excluding shipping, duty and taxes) at airmilesshops.ca at 2 or more participating online retailers. Limit of a bonus offer per membership number. To take advantage of the offer, the member must first login to airmilesshops.ca before making purchases. The offer can not be combined with other bonus mile offers. The offer applies to the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who normally grant miles on gift card purchases. Details at airmilesshops.ca. For online travel retailers (including travel bookings, car rentals and hotel stays), reservations must be made by April 12, 2018 for a stay by June 30, 2018. Miles as a bonus will be deposited into your member account within 75 days of the promotional period.

Go directly thru this link to get the multiplier offers listed below
Airmiles Shop Portal Mega Miles offers

• Addition Elle 5X valid thru April 12th
  • Aldo 3X valid thru December 31st
  • Amazon 2X valid March 27th - 29th
  • Ardene 2X valid thru April 12th
  • Banana Republic 2X valid thru March 21st
  • Bed Bath & Beyond 2X valid thru March 14th
  • Bed Bath & Beyond 3X valid March 27th - April 2nd
  • Bench 5X valid thru April 12th
  • Bentley 2X valid thru April 12th
  • Buffalo 5X valid thru April 12th
  • Canon 2X valid thru April 12th
  • Clarins 2X valid thru March 11th
  • Clinique 3X valid thru March 26th
  • Club Monaco 5X valid thru March 15th
  • Dynamite 2X valid thru April 12th
  • Dyson 2x valid thru March 15th
  • Dyson 5X valid March 27th - 31st
  • Dell 10X valid thru March 10th
  • Expedia 2X valid thru March 10th
  • Frank & Oak 3X valid thru April 12th
  • French Connection 2X valid thru April 12th
  • Gap 2 X valid thru March 10th
  • Garage 2X valid thru April 12th
  • Hockey Life 2X valid thru April 12th
  • Hudson Bay 3X valid thru April 12th
  • Indigo 5X valid thru March 24th
  • Indigo 3X valid March 27th thru 30th
  • Lacoste 2x Valid thru April 12th
  • Linen Chest 2X valid thru April 12th
  • Macy's 2X valid thru March 25th
  • Mark's 2X valid thru March 31st
  • MenEssentials 2X valid thru April 12th
  • The Mint 2X valid thru March 18th
  • Microsoft 2X valid thru March 14th
  • Naturalizer 5X valid thru April 12th
  • Norton 5X valid thru April 12th
  • Old Navy 2X valid thru March 10th
  • Old Navy 3X valid March 27th - April 2nd
  • Origins 3X valid thru April 12th
  • Primsleur 5X valid thru March 31st
  • Penningtons 5X valid thru April 12th
  • Quickbooks 10X valid thru December 31st
  • Reitmans 3X valid thru April 12th
  • RW&CO 5X valid thru April 12th
  • Saks 2X valid thru April 12th
  • Sephora 2X valid thru March 31st
  • Turbo Tax 10X valid thru December 31st
  • Transit 2X valid thru March 31st
  • Thyme Maternity 5X valid thru April 12th
  • Timex 2X valid thru April 12th
  • Toms 3X valid thru April 12th
  • Turbo Tax 10X valid thru Dec 31st
  • Urban Planet 2X valid thru April 12th
  • Villeroy & Boch valid thru April 12th
  • WaySpa Gift Card 5X valid thru April 12th
  • Weight Watcher 10X valid thru December 31st

Last edited:

There are 3 coupon offers that don't require any cash outlay that everyone can use, doesn't matter where you live

HBC Reward -- this is a one time offer per reward account -- EVER, so if you've done this during previous promos you can't opt in again and have it count! Once you've done this you don't need to EVER shop at the Bay - easy peasy 10 miles and 1 coupon down.
upload_2018-3-12_11-47-19.png
If you don't have an HBC reward account yet you'll need to set one up via this link, fill in your Airmiles number and click the box to redeem your points to Airmiles
HBC Reward Account Enrollment

If you already have an account and haven't opted in to have your points convert to Airmiles you can do that thru this link
Redeem HBC points for Airmiles for an established HBC Rewards account

Once you've opted in to this method of redemption the following (rather confusing) method of conversion will take place: For every 40 HBC points you earn during a week you will get 1 AM, the remaining points will STAY in your HBC Rewards account and build up there. Any points you already have in your HBC account will STAY there ... it is only from this point forward and only those that are divisible by 40 SO if you earn exactly 40 you will earn 1 mile, if you earn anything above that up to the 80 point mark you will still only earn 1 mile and the remainder will stay as HBC points example: earn 52 points you will end up with 1 mile and have 12 points stay in your HBC account. If you don't earn at least 40 points they will stay in your HBC account. Once you get enough points in your account you can either redeem for HBC gift cards.

Rewarding Your Opinion Surveys : If you haven't already signed up for these surveys you can do that, complete your first survey and earn 15 AM plus one coupon down. Be careful if you are already doing on-line surveys and intend to *manage* someone else's account because if ANY of the survey companies you use even think you are doing the same surveys all of your accounts can be shut down and you will no longer be able to participate in ANY of them.

I don't think a direct link here will work but if you click on the "How to use" blue box and then click on the "click here" grey box you will be taken to the sign up form. Be sure to do your first survey before April 12th to have it count as your coupon.
upload_2018-3-12_12-26-21.png

IGA Account: this will only work for NEW accounts
You'll need to toggle the region button in the top right corner of the Mega Miles site (or use the direct link to the Quebec offers in post #3 to find this offer

upload_2018-3-12_12-30-40.png
To use this coupon go to this site, complete the enrollment form. You will get an e-mail letting you confirm you account and then you can edit your profile to fill in your Airmiles Number and you *should* get 10 AM plus one more coupon down
IGA Account Enrollment

Some of us are seeing the following flag pop up after we edit our profiles so until the miles appear in our accounts treat this as your *Insurance Coupon* ONLY
upload_2018-3-12_12-38-33.png

Hearing Test: The following offer also requires no cash outlay however it's not valid in Quebec Again, only if you haven't done this before, simply go get your hearing tested. It says on the site that it is limited to adults over 50 but i know several people have done it and are not that old!
upload_2018-3-12_19-57-49.png
Go to this website and set up an appointment and you'll have another coupon done.
Free Hearing Test

There are several hunters who are willing to help others out who might have trouble getting enough offers done by doing some shopping and using YOUR card number. I can vouch for this working (and the number of chocolate bars we got to eat also proves it!) -- you can use offers from other provinces and have them credit to your account.

There are 2 ways to make this work

1. If you have cash miles in your account the shopper can use those miles for you (might come in handy when the Metro offer goes live in a few weeks) so no-one is out $$
  2. Transfer the money via e-transfer (the method i used for StB)
The shopper can then either keep the product or donate it to a food bank depending on your request --- we had yummy chocolate and the food-bank got several bottles of shampoo

Last edited:
Woo hoo! Glad this wraps up before my next trip. A little worried about the 5 stores part, I have more difficulty shopping at multiple places than just using 5 offers. I guess we'll see! I know I shop at Rexall, Sobeys, Metro, Shell & Global Petfoods, so it is possible there will be an offer at each I can use... Man I can use more miles though!

Woo hoo! Glad this wraps up before my next trip. A little worried about the 5 stores part, I have more difficulty shopping at multiple places than just using 5 offers. I guess we'll see! I know I shop at Rexall, Sobeys, Metro, Shell & Global Petfoods, so it is possible there will be an offer at each I can use... Man I can use more miles though!

Don't forget Staples (ink for your printer?) and Foodland (Greely or Osgoode). Yes it's a little out of your way but its a nice Saturday or Sunday drive.

I am in need of more ink for the printer. Just replaced all the ink and I need my backups, so I will hold off in the hope that Staples will have an offer I can use.

Don't forget people if you're close, your DIS friends are here to help you out (depending on the offers of course). Collectively we will all win.

Don't forget Staples (ink for your printer?) and Foodland (Greely or Osgoode). Yes it's a little out of your way but its a nice Saturday or Sunday drive.

I am in need of more ink for the printer. Just replaced all the ink and I need my backups, so I will hold off in the hope that Staples will have an offer I can use.

Don't forget people if you're close, your DIS friends are here to help you out (depending on the offers of course). Collectively we will all win.

Thanks for the Foodland reminder! We go visit my parents at Easter and they have one down the road! Hopefully the timing will match up (last year it was pickle season ;) )

I’m in! I just switched dog food and have my labs on Acana now. If there is a Global Pet Foods offer I will easily be able to stock up and use the offer on all three cards in our house. Sobey’s and Foodland should be easy , we only use Shell for gas, and Rexall will round out the 5th. Now let’s hope all of those stores participate and make it easy for me!:)

woo hoo....thanks for the heads up....due to the dismal AM offers so far this year, I am about 500 AM short to redeem for the CDN resident AM Disneyland tickets....so this should help...

Just a thought towards preparing for all possibilities with Mega Miles. I have changed my Cash/Dream preference over to 100% cash for tomorrows Rexall purchase. This way I'll have some cash miles available in case that's one of the offer requirements. There's nothing worse than trying to get some cash miles (but not too many) when you need them for a coupon.

I've cleaned out my cash miles in all three accounts. I'll use the next three weeks to get enough in the three accounts I oversee.

Last edited:
Just a thought towards preparing for all possibilities with Mega Miles. I have changed my Cash/Dream preference over to 100% cash for tomorrows Rexall purchase. This way I'll have some cash miles available in case that's one of the offer requirements. There's nothing worse than trying to get some cash miles (but not too many) when you need them for a coupon.

I've clean out my cash miles in all three accounts. I'l use the next three weeks to get hopefully enough in the three accounts I oversee.
SMART move!!! I have 76 in the main account and was planning on using them this upcoming weekend when you only need to use 75 to get $10 at Sobeys.

Like the last promo, we may have to depend on he kindness of (ON) strangers to help a poor ( Vancouver Islander) get the required number of sponsors!

(Airmiles sponsors are thin on the ground here in Victoria)

I have a golden retriever so can always stock up on dog food at Global Pets if you need help!

Like the last promo, we may have to depend on he kindness of (ON) strangers to help a poor ( Vancouver Islander) get the required number of sponsors!

(Airmiles sponsors are thin on the ground here in Victoria)

Hubby just ate the last of the chocolate bars from the StB promo that someone *bought* for us! The food bank ended up with 6 bottles of shampoo as well. The Duck is ready to help out again if anyone has trouble :donald:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!