Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

Just a thought towards preparing for all possibilities with Mega Miles. I have changed my Cash/Dream preference over to 100% cash for tomorrows Rexall purchase. This way I'll have some cash miles available in case that's one of the offer requirements. There's nothing worse than trying to get some cash miles (but not too many) when you need them for a coupon.

I've cleaned out my cash miles in all three accounts. I'll use the next three weeks to get enough in the three accounts I oversee.

Can you please explain this a little more. I have never changed my settings from dream miles. If I understand your post correctly, I should change my settings to 100% cash and accumulate some miles to use in future. How much is enough but not too many? Can you change back to 100% dream for future miles? How do you use cash miles. Anything else I should know?

All of you Air miles collectors have been amazing on these boards. I have been learning so much. Had fum doing STB for the first time in December and now looking forward to this new promotion. STB was a little difficult as many of the coupons referred to using cash miles (and I didn’t have any!!). I would like to prepare myself for March!

Some of the offers in the past have been a use 95Cash miles get 25AM. I don't think it will be that simple this time but it's always a good idea to have 190AM in your Cash account so that you can take advantage of two of this type of offer.

To change over go into your account. Go to the page where you look up your transaction history. At the top of the page under the words "Your Account" you'll see the words "Set Preference". Click on that. Scroll down the page and you'll see a cursor to move between Dream and Cash. Move the cursor over (I do 100% Cash) to your preferred level. Click on the "Set my preference" button and there is one more confirmation you need to make on the next page. The change over will take effect at 3:00am the next day. One additional step "Lock your cash account" This ensures that no one else (who may have a copy of your card) can use your cash miles

That's the mechanics of it, now here is the strategy. You need to know when your AM post to your account. Most grocery stores do this once per week on a Saturday. Rexall (in Ontario) posts the very next day.

In my case I changed my preference last night (so I am 100% cash now). I will shop at Rexall today. It will post to my account by tomorrow morning. After it posts tomorrow I will change my preference back to 100% Dream. I have two other grocery store transactions from last week which will show up in my account later today but they will show a posting date of February 17 so they "should" post to my Dream miles (because that's what my account was set to on Saturday). Doing the switch back and forth I run the risk of having miles posted where I did not originally want them but that is the chance I take.

To use your cash miles. Unlock your cash miles (button in drop down menu at top of main page). You can do this at home on your computer or on your smartphone at the store. At the cash when making your purchase mention to the cashier that you want to use X cash miles towards your purchase. Generally you use 95 Cash AM for $10 off your purchase. You can use more multiples of 95 for more off if you like.

I hope I explained this clearly if not I will try to clarify.

Edit to add: The store needs to be an AM store that accepts cash miles towards purchases. See the website under Cash rewards for those who participate if you're not sure.

Last edited:
Like the last promo, we may have to depend on he kindness of (ON) strangers to help a poor ( Vancouver Islander) get the required number of sponsors!

Hubby just ate the last of the chocolate bars from the StB promo that someone *bought* for us! The food bank ended up with 6 bottles of shampoo as well. The Duck is ready to help out again if anyone has trouble :donald:

Yup...I had the Duck help me out!!!! And I got my 2000 bonus miles. She was a doll and did some shopping for me. Am offers in our neck of the woods are not as abundant as in the bigger centers
:flower1::thumbsup2 :banana:

Hopefully The Children's Place still has sales going on for their summer stuff! DD9 needs all new shorts this year. MM typically has an offer with TCP like spend $50+, get 10 miles.

And, hopefully Airmilesshops has an offer as well (3 purchases = 1 offer, get 150 miles)

Last edited:

I signed up for the auto-convert HBC points to air miles for STB. Do you think I can change my HBC preference back and then take advantage of this offer again for this promotion?

If only it were that easy, I think there are a few of us that would have done that already. In other words I highly doubt it will work. Sorry.

I talked to a cashier in Metro in Ottawa this evening - he said he has seen the Ontario offers but there were under strict order not to provide them to customers until Thursday

I hope they get posted early Thursday so I can get gas on the way home and maybe groceries! Get a few offers done asap :) Plus I will need gas by then, normally I fill up on Wednesday but I think I can wait a day. By fill up I mean I put just over 25L a week so I get AM :)

I've added the images i have found for booklets from Quebec, Manitoba & Ontario to post #3. The Ontario one isn't very good but hopefully a better one will pop up someone soon and I'll replace it. It's getting real now gang!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter