Airmiles Shop the Block Earn up to 2,000 Miles

Question about the 25 amex or mc transactions.... do you think it matters if some are listed as pending? Or would they all have to be posted by tomorrow to count towards the 25?

Question about the 25 amex or mc transactions.... do you think it matters if some are listed as pending? Or would they all have to be posted by tomorrow to count towards the 25?
FIne print from the AMEX offer:

To be eligible for this offer:
(a) Your American Express®* AIR MILES® Card account must be in good standing.
(b) You must opt in for the offer by entering your AIR MILES® Collector Number and clicking the “Activate Offer” button in email or at airmiles.ca/ShopTheBlock on or before December 14, 2017.
(c) You must use your American Express®* AIR MILES® Consumer or Small Business Card to make twenty-five (25) purchase transactions between November 14, 2017 and December 14, 2017, inclusive.
Offer period starts at 12:00:01 a.m. EST on November 14, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on December 14, 2017.
Purchase transactions charged to your American Express AIR MILES Card must be subsequently posted to your account by December 28, 2017 to qualify for this offer.
These 25 purchases can be made at any retailers and not necessarily only at AIR MILES Partner locations.
There is no minimum spend amount required per transaction.
All purchases between November 14 and December 14, 2017 will be counted towards the offer. Completing this offer will count as one (1) used Bonus Offer during the 2017 Shop the Block™ Event. Maximum of one (1) Shop the Block Bonus Offer is available per enrolled AIR MILES Collector Card during the offer period. Purchases made with Supplementary Cards linked to an enrolled AIR MILES Collector Card are qualifying purchases. “Purchase transactions” refer to the number of times your Card is used to pay for goods or services, and not how many items are bought in a transaction. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the Account. Bonus Miles may take up to 2 billing cycles to appear on your statement and up to 90 days to be posted to your AIR MILES Collector Account, after you have completed the eligible purchases. The Bonus Miles will be reversed if the qualifying purchase(s) charged to the eligible American Express Card or associated supplementary cards during the offer period is returned or cancelled.

Fine print from BMO MC offer:

1. Eligible credit cards include: BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® World Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* for Business, and BMO®† Gold AIR MILES® Mastercard®* for Business. Offer can only be used once per AIR MILES® Collector Number. The same AIR MILES credit card must be used for purchases during the promotional period in order to qualify for this offer.

2. Opt-in requirements: To qualify for this offer, you must (a) opt in for the Offer by entering your AIR MILES Collector Number and clicking the “Opt in” button here on or before December 14, 2017, and (b) make 25 purchases using your eligible BMO AIR MILES Mastercard between November 14, 2017 and December 14, 2017, inclusive. These 25 purchases do not have to be made at the same retailer and can be made at multiple retailers. There is no minimum spend amount required per transaction. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. “Purchases” refer to the number of times your card is used to pay for goods or services, not how many items are bought in a transaction. Actions (a) and (b) as listed above cumulatively count as one (1) Bonus Offer during the Shop the Block™ Promotion. See the Shop the Block Promotion Terms and Conditions for promotional details. This offer is valid only for the AIR MILES Collector Number associated with your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account. A limit of one (1) offer applies per credit card account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. Offer is subject to change without notice.

Interesting that AMEX spells it out a little more clearly. According to Jacqueline's message above so long as they are no longer "pending" Dec 28, 2017 they will count. I can't imagine a situation where a purchase made by December 14th would still be pending December 28th.

Bottom line, so long as your purchases are made by December 14th and the receipt is dated December 14th they should clear through to your CC company in time to count. Charge away!

We bought our DS21 an electric blanket for Christmas from Bed Bath and Beyond as part of the 150 miles /AM Shops offer. I'm thinking I better do an extra AM shops one just in case we have to return the blanket for some reason. Maybe a $20 eBay purchase.

Thanks @Donald - my hero !! I had skimmed the fine print before but didn't remember seeing anything specific. MC was done a long time ago, so that's good. Amex just finished up, glad that one is spelled out in a little more detail, I can't see any of the transactions taking until December 28th to post.

FIne print from the AMEX offer:

To be eligible for this offer:
(a) Your American Express®* AIR MILES® Card account must be in good standing.
(b) You must opt in for the offer by entering your AIR MILES® Collector Number and clicking the “Activate Offer” button in email or at airmiles.ca/ShopTheBlock on or before December 14, 2017.
(c) You must use your American Express®* AIR MILES® Consumer or Small Business Card to make twenty-five (25) purchase transactions between November 14, 2017 and December 14, 2017, inclusive.
Offer period starts at 12:00:01 a.m. EST on November 14, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on December 14, 2017.
Purchase transactions charged to your American Express AIR MILES Card must be subsequently posted to your account by December 28, 2017 to qualify for this offer.
These 25 purchases can be made at any retailers and not necessarily only at AIR MILES Partner locations.
There is no minimum spend amount required per transaction.
All purchases between November 14 and December 14, 2017 will be counted towards the offer. Completing this offer will count as one (1) used Bonus Offer during the 2017 Shop the Block™ Event. Maximum of one (1) Shop the Block Bonus Offer is available per enrolled AIR MILES Collector Card during the offer period. Purchases made with Supplementary Cards linked to an enrolled AIR MILES Collector Card are qualifying purchases. “Purchase transactions” refer to the number of times your Card is used to pay for goods or services, and not how many items are bought in a transaction. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the Account. Bonus Miles may take up to 2 billing cycles to appear on your statement and up to 90 days to be posted to your AIR MILES Collector Account, after you have completed the eligible purchases. The Bonus Miles will be reversed if the qualifying purchase(s) charged to the eligible American Express Card or associated supplementary cards during the offer period is returned or cancelled.

Fine print from BMO MC offer:
1. Eligible credit cards include: BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® World Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* for Business, and BMO®† Gold AIR MILES® Mastercard®* for Business. Offer can only be used once per AIR MILES® Collector Number. The same AIR MILES credit card must be used for purchases during the promotional period in order to qualify for this offer.

2. Opt-in requirements: To qualify for this offer, you must (a) opt in for the Offer by entering your AIR MILES Collector Number and clicking the “Opt in” button here on or before December 14, 2017, and (b) make 25 purchases using your eligible BMO AIR MILES Mastercard between November 14, 2017 and December 14, 2017, inclusive. These 25 purchases do not have to be made at the same retailer and can be made at multiple retailers. There is no minimum spend amount required per transaction. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. “Purchases” refer to the number of times your card is used to pay for goods or services, not how many items are bought in a transaction. Actions (a) and (b) as listed above cumulatively count as one (1) Bonus Offer during the Shop the Block™ Promotion. See the Shop the Block Promotion Terms and Conditions for promotional details. This offer is valid only for the AIR MILES Collector Number associated with your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account. A limit of one (1) offer applies per credit card account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. Offer is subject to change without notice.
Jacqueline, you are the Amazing Fine Print Queen!!
:worship:

Miles from this promo have begun to post to people's accounts. Once again some of us have been short-changed even though we know we used enough coupons. I started an online chat session on Friday and was told that they are aware that some of us are still waiting for miles to post from online shopping and that is causing problems with the coupon which required 3 transactions. I was told to wait until February 8th the contact them again -- reasoning behind that date is the 7th is the max date for miles to post that would be attributed to Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping. I don't know if that reason holds any water, but i'll wait till next Thursday to start the process again. I'm still waiting for the miles connected to the chocolate bars that i bought on Nov 22nd and the last date they can post before i claim those is March 22nd <sigh> (even though the terms on the StB page which is still accessible says they would post by the end of December!)

SO for me

Main card --used 15 offers
  • received 2,000 miles
  • missing miles from online with Marks, Indigo & Sportcheck
  • coupon for chocolate bars & the 3 online shops
New card -- used 7 offers
  • received 1,000 miles
  • missing miles from Marks & Forever 21
  • coupon for chocolate bars & the 3 online shops

Me too
received 1000 air miles but missing 1000 air miles from new account I made for my son,,
7 stb purchases made and receipts saved.
I did a CHAT with airmiles and was advised to wait till the 8th.
Hugs Mel

I used 4 offers and my 300 bonus miles appeared in my account today. I live in BC and our offers weren't that great. I wish we'd had some of the offers you had in Ontario. I loved how they sent me Global Pet food offers, we don't have any of the stores on Vancouver Island:confused3:confused3

Just checked my account, I got 1000 instead of 2000 miles. I had used:

1. Safeway
2. Amex transactions
3. Mastercard transactions
4. Shell
5. Shell
6. Rexall
7. Convert HBC Points to airmiles

I have the air miles for Safeway, Shell and Rexall and I think the 10 miles for converting HBC points. So that would leave my credit card transactions?

Did you get a renovated room? If so, how is it?

No we didnt. Requested 70s connecting but we also had 4 rooms in our party and we are all side by side, 50s section, 3rd floor, facing pool. The room are fine, beds and carpets are fine, bathroom is a little old though.

i just checked my AM account...and was pleasantly surprised that I received the bonus 2000...I thought for sure I was going to have a fight on my hands to get all the bonus miles

We also got only 1k miles (instead of 2k). I pressed the guy on the chat and he figured out which one was missed. I found the receipt. The missed miles were for the Black Friday Childrens Place promo.

What should I do for the claims process? Any tips that you are able to share? I scanned the receipt and am ready to do whatever is necessary.

I was credited 1K instead of the 2K that I should've gotten and the issue seemed to be the HBC Point conversion. I'm assuming because it was close to the end of the period when I signed up. She credited me the 1K points right away over chat.

We also got only 1k miles (instead of 2k). I pressed the guy on the chat and he figured out which one was missed. I found the receipt. The missed miles were for the Black Friday Childrens Place promo.

What should I do for the claims process? Any tips that you are able to share? I scanned the receipt and am ready to do whatever is necessary.
Several of us are waiting on the miles connected to online shopping, have contacted AM and were told to wait until February 8th to inquire about having them added. Answer i got was that the February 7th is the last date for bonus miles to be credited for transactions made on Cyber Monday and they figure most of us did our shopping during the big multiplier promo Airmilesshop had running. Once Thursday rolls around if the extra 1,000 miles aren't in my account (along with the 150 bonus for making those purchases) I'll be starting a chat. If they aren't able to help that way I'll call. I have receipts, email confirmations, packing slips, dates etc...

Looks like @youngdeb12 was lucky and had someone who was willing to add the miles already!!

Thanks Jacqueline. After I saw @youngdeb12's post, I decided to try chat again. Well it worked great! They asked me details about my purchase (which I had in front of me on my receipt) and credited me with the extra 1k miles plus the 20 that were missed from the 10x bonus miles. I now have enough miles to purchase my last two DLR tickets for our trip this Spring Break!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter