Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Not sure how much I like this new format. I know I need to give it a few days to get used to but I'm not finding any of the threads I'm following, wonder if I need to refollow. Oh well, I don't get any say in the matter so I'll just deal with it, lol. How's everyone else enjoying it?

And what do you suppose this new points thing is that shows on our profile? Or is it maybe something I've just never noticed?

O/T
Vent
Ok I know you have a million and one things to do and you are distracted but for the love of God you are in control of a vehicle that has the power to kill someone.
Today at Home Depot a man out of nowhere (speeding) made a left hand turn in front of the garden center while watching the other way.
He hit my orange cart and sent it flying in the air with all my garden plants. Two more feet and it would have hit me. The flying cart almost hit another couple.
He did stop and apologised for not looking before turning and offered to pay to replace the plants and flowers. I was just so shook up I wanted to get home.

Last edited:
O/T
Vent
Ok I know you have a million and one things to do and you are distracted but for the love of God you are in control of a vehicle that has the power to kill someone.
Today at Home Depot a man out of nowhere (speeding) made a left hand turn in front of the garden center while watching the other way.
He hit my orange cart and sent it flying in the air with all my garden plants. Two more feet and it would have hit me. The flying cart almost hit another couple.
He did stop and apologised for not looking before turning and offered to pay to replace the plants and flowers. I was just so shock up I wanted to get home.
OMG! That had to be so scary o_O I hate parking lots, both driving and walking because people never pay attention to anything other than their own vehicle. I hope you made it home safely and are sitting somewhere quiet enjoying the nice weather. (With a glass of something stronger than the water i'm sipping on 🍷🍷🍷)

Rest up and get your flowers another day!

Last edited:

O/T
Vent
He did stop and apologised for not looking before turning and offered to pay to replace the plants and flowers. I was just so shook up I wanted to get home.
Thank goodness you are not hurt! Take some booze to relax!!

So sorry . Glad you and everyone else are okay. My son laughs at me but I refuse to let him drive in moat parking lots as I find them more dangerous than most highways
QUOTE="bababear_50, post: 60655281, member: 138340"]
O/T
Vent
[/QUOTE]

There must be an angel watching over you Mel. That was another close call. I'm glad you are Ok. When I drive through parking lots I crawl. You never know when some speed demon is going to cross your path (and that's in the car).

On a side note. This new update is going to take some getting used to. Not sure I like it. Here's a question for you to ponder. The little bell at the top of the page (notifications) now tells us that someone has "reacted to our post". If the only thing we can do is like a post (ie we can't Unlike a post) why not just say that they "liked our post" as they did before?

Last edited:

There must be an angel watching over you Mel. That was another close call. I'm glad you are Ok. When I drive through parking lots I crawl. You never know when some speed demon is going to cross your path (and that's in the car).

On a side note. This new update is going to take some getting used to. Not sure I like it. Here's a question for you to ponder. The little bell at the top of the page (notifications) now tells us that someone has "reacted to our post". If the only thing we can do is like a post (ie we can't Unlike a post) why not just say that they "liked our post" as they did before?

if you hold the ‘like’ button, you’ll see a range of responses (a couple different faces, from angry to sad to happy).

I'm not really sure i like this new format, but then I'm never one to like change much at the best of times! I did just react to 2 of your posts to show that it is now possible to do more than just "like" but i ain't too sure i like the possibility of giving the peeps who tend to do nothing other than troll for conflict the ability to be "angry" There are many more emojis to use though AND they are now searchable as well!

Oh well, it is much better than the over 24 hours that i wasn't able to even check in on my peeps! 403164

Oh well, it is much better than the over 24 hours that i wasn't able to even check in on my peeps!

Yes and it was down yesterday and I wasn't able to complain about my visit to Shell. I went to my local Shell station to purchase lottery tickets with my air miles cash miles. I had $60 worth of tickets rung through the cash and when I went to pay I said I wanted to use my airmiles and the cashier scanned my card and then said oh the system isn't working so would you like to pay for it cash. I went nope and left the store. Have no idea what happens to the tickets that he had already scanned out of their system. Not my problem as I didn't have the $60 cash to pay for the tickets. I save up my cash miles to treat my friends to gifts at my yearly Car Race party.

@juniorbugman I'm not 100% sure about this but i don't think you're able to use cash miles to buy lottery tickets. I know you can't use them for gift cards anymore so I'm thinking the same applies to lottery??

I have done it recently and I will be trying it again this week to double check. Maybe it was the rainy weather we had yesterday that made their system crash. I had checked the Shell website before I left and it just said it was a maximum of $60 per transactions up to 5 per day. This is from the Shell airmiles site - get $10 off at the pump or instore (excluding tobacco, gift cards and phone cards) for every 95 AIR MILES Cash Miles redeemed. You can use AIR MILES Cash Miles in $10 increments up to $60 per transaction. Maximum 5 transactions up to $300 per day at Shell or $750 per day across all AIR MILES partners.

I have done it recently and I will be trying it again this week to double check. Maybe it was the rainy weather we had yesterday that made their system crash. I had checked the Shell website before I left and it just said it was a maximum of $60 per transactions up to 5 per day. This is from the Shell airmiles site - get $10 off at the pump or instore (excluding tobacco, gift cards and phone cards) for every 95 AIR MILES Cash Miles redeemed. You can use AIR MILES Cash Miles in $10 increments up to $60 per transaction. Maximum 5 transactions up to $300 per day at Shell or $750 per day across all AIR MILES partners.

I was looking at the same info you shared but thought this wording might have covered the lottery ticket problem
(excluding tobacco products, Shell Gift Cards, partner/third-party gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law).

But if you've used them for lottery before, my mistake!

if you hold the ‘like’ button, you’ll see a range of responses (a couple different faces, from angry to sad to happy).

Thanks, trust me to not look deeper into a new feature before posting. I have to agree I'm not sure about having some of the negative options available. It's nice to have other positive options but the negative option could become problematic quickly. I always figure if you don't like a post then simply move on and read the next one.

I've been MIA for a while....now there are a few pages to get caught up on. I'm totally not loving this new format. WTH??? I'm not usually a fan of change, unless I ask for it.

It's been a slow AM year for me so far but I'm finally within 51 miles of Onyx. I think last year I was there by the end of March. Although, if you add in the 3000 miles I collected on my DD's card it hasn't been so bad.

I'm not anymore enamored with this new fangled look than i was yesterday .. so many little annoyances that i supposed i *might* be able to work around eventually but for now they're just ticking me off! The colour I like to use for my font isn't one of the standards so unless i memorize the number associated with it I'll settle for this (i know, silly but hey, that's ME!) I can't access any of the formatting stuff on my phone, including the emojis (that means if i want to respond when I'm out i can't fancy it up till i get home, again silly), if i want to go back to the main board from any thread i need to scroll back to the top OR all the way to the bottom past gazillion ads and links, on my phone i can't go to say page 845 of this thread without going page by page by page (looks like i can on the computer), search feature SUCKS at the moment, i can't distinguish between a quoted comment and the response (also doesn't tell me WHO is being quoted) ETA -- i fixed this by myself! changed my "theme" to Disney Vacation Club , now it's working and what's with all the blank space to the right. I guess I'm just old and don't like it when things change and they seemed "fine" without being tweaked :P

BACK to our regulalry scheduled hunt, here's this week's Rexall coupon, not a bad return but since i don't have a threshold spend in my loaded offers I won't be using it

Spend $40 get 60 AM Valid May 27th - 29th

Last edited:
I will hold off a little while before deciding how I feel on the new format. I always have a hard time adjusting at first when there’s a change like this but I eventually get the hang of it.
An obvious plus for me is that on my IPad (which is what I use every day ) the old format was getting awful. Ads were covering posts so that I couldn’t read or respond to certain posts and ad banners were covering useful functions at the top of the page . So this format is so much better for that.
But I agree that I don’t think we need the negative reactions . It will cause drama and hurt feelings and isn’t necessary IMO,

It’s definitely all going to take some adjustment .

And apparently we get trophies. What are we, 10. I get reward enough just being part of this community who needs a trophy? Just give me a good discount on travel that's all I want.

I just switched my preference to Default Medium. I find it much easier on my eyes to read and figure out what's going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter