Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Since no one has got back to you on this yet, I'll take a shot at it.

We ordered our DLR tickets through Air Miles in February and it took three business days to receive them. They did send us tracking.

I haven't tried upgrading a three day ticket to a five day...but the expectation is that these AREN'T the Canadian discount ones, so they should give you full value for the three day ticket. You should be able to upgrade them without a problem. I know for a fact that you can upgrade the SoCal City Pass 3 day Disneyland ticket and have it count as full value. There's no reason why the AM tickets would be different.
Thank you!! I appreciate your input

Does anyone else get frustrated with Air Miles removing things? I switched over my account to cash miles to save up for Staples vouchers and just as I got enough they removed them, so finally decided on saving for a Nintendo Switch from Toys R Us and they have now removed the Toys R Us vouchers - couldn't they tell us that they will be gone soon (or some kind of notice?)
In general....the vouchers come and go, so Staples should be back. Toys R Us I thought went out of business only staying on in Canada as Babies R Us. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

In general....the vouchers come and go, so Staples should be back. Toys R Us I thought went out of business only staying on in Canada as Babies R Us. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

Both Babies R Us AND Toys R Us are still in business like we have known them for years. They were bought by a Canadian investment group so now kept the brand name.

I did ok at Rexall yesterday, stocked up on TP and chips (for the kid of course) and a few other things we needed, got 120 AM. Stopped at Metro for groceries and only got 40. I guess that's it for this week! At least I'm finally able to earn some. It's been a struggle lately but my pay cheques are finally sorted out (it's great working for the feds... sometimes any way). Now to try and decide what I'm saving them for :)

I've gotten two PINs lately, I think Disney wants me to come back ;)

Does anyone else get frustrated with Air Miles removing things? I switched over my account to cash miles to save up for Staples vouchers and just as I got enough they removed them, so finally decided on saving for a Nintendo Switch from Toys R Us and they have now removed the Toys R Us vouchers - couldn't they tell us that they will be gone soon (or some kind of notice?)

I ordered a Nintendo switch bundle from Airmiles for reduced miles. It came with the console, 2 games, an extra controller, a console carry case and a game case. You might want to look into that if you don't see vouchers you need.

I ordered a Nintendo switch bundle from Airmiles for reduced miles. It came with the console, 2 games, an extra controller, a console carry case and a game case. You might want to look into that if you don't see vouchers you need.
Thank you, don't see them now but will keep checking (although it will probably take some time to accumulate "dream" miles since I had been saving "cash" ones).

Just back from 5 days camping in Cavendish, PEI. Amazing weather sans the 2-hour rain storm Wednesday morning.

Came home to the usual Sobeys gift card offer (every $200 get 100 miles). We also finally had our second roof payment put on the mastercard, so my monthly BMO miles should be really good this month. DH is about 300 miles shy of hitting Onyx! Two black cards now in the mix :)

Just back from 5 days camping in Cavendish, PEI. Amazing weather sans the 2-hour rain storm Wednesday morning.

Came home to the usual Sobeys gift card offer (every $200 get 100 miles). We also finally had our second roof payment put on the mastercard, so my monthly BMO miles should be really good this month. DH is about 300 miles shy of hitting Onyx! Two black cards now in the mix :)

I am glad you had a great Holiday!
I've been doing the same with my Renos ,,and I am happy to say I have nearly enough WestJet dollars for a trip.
My second card just went to gold ,,I don't think I can get it to Onyx though.
We all went out to dinner tonight and I dragged everyone home to eat ice cream treats because my freezer has no room for anything else!lol
Welcome home!
Hugs Mel

Does anyone else have the ice cream/bread offers on the airmiles app for this week? I'm very confused, I'm thinking it's supposed to be advertisement for Sobeys' promos last week but is listed for this week? They are loadable and looks like only valid at Sobeys and not Foodland. This is on the airmiles app, not the Sobeys My Offers personal offers app.

upload_2018-7-22_12-25-14.png

OK people the ice cream is on the APP. Not in the flyer but if you go through the Airmiles APP you can load it to your card and get some more. Great catch @Days In the Sun . I guess Sobeys is trying to get people to use the app. My APP comes up with the same screenshot as noted above.

Well I'm not 100% sold that this isn't another airmiles/Sobeys error but I know my local store would "Make it right" on the first two offers. The yogurt offer I think is also confusing, I don't believe there was a promo on it last week like the other two but it is on promo this week in the flyer as well as the app, so could be 35 am wub 2 (flyer 10am plus app 25am). I may give one or two offers a try tomorrow.

upload_2018-7-22_13-17-17.pngupload_2018-7-22_13-17-17.png

Can i say that I'm LOVING when people share offers that pop up ONLY on the app ... I've mentioned before that I can't keep the AM app loaded on my phone since it takes u too much space (case in point -- a couple of the loaded apps i can't get rid of, need to be updated today and I'll need to return my audio book to the library before i can do that and then cross my fingers it's still available to borrow when I'm done the stupid updates!!) SO when i see these offers mentioned I'll load the app, catch the deals and then delete it once I've used them :P

Another oddity with loaded offers: Metro's offers for our secondary card scream PLEASE SHOP HERE
  • Threshold of spend $5 get 5
  • Buy any size, brand, type of frozen fruit or veggies get 5 AM
  • Buy any selection product get 4 AM
  • Buy and crackers, chips or cookies get 5 AM -- all brands all sizes
We might just use that card instead of the other since the threshold spend on it is spend $80 and we don't need much!

Another question. Anyone using the personal offer with 3 cents off a litre at Shell when you pay with your BMO Airmiles Credit Card??

My last fill-up was Tuesday night and the deal no longer worked. Airmiles live chat reported the two gas stations I went to and compensated 50 am for inconvenience. Just wondering if it's still working for anyone (or not), email fineprint said Shell has the right to discontinue it. Airmiles customer service rep said it worked for her husband the night before.

Yes I get those 3 Sobeys deals from last week in the app too! Weird! Not that we need any more frozen treats!

I had a few targeted offers this week and did the buy 4 get 25AM, plus Tostitos / Doritos buy 3 get 1 free + 10AM. Lousy haul. $93 spent and just over 60AM but hey it's better than nothing!

I'm just over 9K AM earned so far this year :)

Airmiles coupon for Rexall
spend $40 get 60 airmiles
Email_July23_AM4060.jpg

I emailed Jacqueline,,hopefully she can post a link to this as I don't seem to be able to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter