Airmiles Armchair Chatter

each Shell has a different list but here is a general list of better ones:
Canadian Tire (can use for gas!)
Shoppers
Restaurant mega card thing
Home Depot
McDonalds
Wendys
Pre-paid Visa or MasterCard (can't remember)
Amazon
Star Bucks
Harveys
Xbox live
Just remember if buying the Visa or MC, there is a fee to each one. It would cancel out any AM that would be awarded. But if you need these, like for online shopping, then at least part of that fee is covered back.

yes I think it costs $6 to activate each $100 card but you would get 110AM from the offer plus another 10 if you charge on credit card so 120 which is worth at least $12 - so you are ahead but certainly watering down your offer rewards

None that I have ever seen, but they do have the Sobeys gift cards!

I've still got lots of those from the last Sobeys gift card deal. Problem is, Metro is actually closer to our house, so gets used for those last minute things. Would be nice to have some Metro gift cards for those occasions.

Sorry if this has already been asked. I did a search and still can't find the answer.

If I redeemed Airmiles for a Disney ticket (the current offer is 7 day base) this particular ticket says it has to be first used by December 31, 2018.

If I were to UPGRADE it to a 10 day once I got to Disney, does that change the expiry date?????

We don't want to use it this year but keep it for a couple of years from now.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been asked. I did a search and still can't find the answer.

If I redeemed Airmiles for a Disney ticket (the current offer is 7 day base) this particularly ticket says it has to be first used by December 31, 2018.

If I were to UPGRADE it to a 10 day once I got to Disney, does that change the expiry date?????

We don't want to use it this year but keep it for a couple of years from now.
This might be a question that you could get a somewhat more accurate answer over on the ticket sticky -- monitored by people who are really in the know (I believe one is an actual CM in ticketing). If you're talking about tickets that are no longer discounted the answer they can provide will be the same as any other ticket -- the CDN discounted ones stumped them because those seem to be a YMMV situation. A quick glance at the first page shows this info:

upload_2018-5-20_12-27-16.png

You could pop over, jump to the last page and ask your question -- Robo will answer fairly quickly!

All about tickets

Unless you plan on using the ticket before the expiry date I wouldn't chance purchasing it. Disney is changing so many of their terms and conditions with regards to tickets these days. They would only be honour bound to give you the value of the 7 day base ticket at 2018 prices at some future date. My advice would be to save your airmiles and purchase when you are closer to your trip. Yes prices are going to go up but you"ll have saved more airmiles too.

Gone are the days of no expiry date (or 2030). Better to be safe than sorry.

Well, we couldn't postpone the car shopping any longer & hubby landed a couple of contracts so off we went yesterday and signed our lives away. We bought another Honda Fit (love that car and this year's model has so many updates it feels like we've grown up :P ) and since there is so little margin on that car there was no wiggle room on the price, it is what it is. HOWEVER, the dealer allowed us to put a much larger amount on our AMEX than they normally put thru for the deposit as well as the down payment. Then we also added a few things to the package (cargo tray, chip protection to the hood & pre-bought the winter tires) and they let us put all of that on the card as well ... SO smaller monthly payments and a chunk of miles to boot :P

Now we have 3 years to let the Dream Miles build up while we pay off the loan since that is the max term hubby will live with, it will hurt some months but we'll own the car sooner. The push to collect the miles will slow down, our shopping patterns will change slightly leading to smaller stock piles and ZERO gift card purchases simply to earn miles and use "whenever". January will be long,dark, cold & boring with no getaway but just think of what we'll be able to do by the time the loan is gone! When does the Star Wars section open?? Fingers crossed that we'll be able to lift our moratorium on travel to the states and we can head to Disney again.

Lots of summer driving trips on the horizon for us this year me-thinks.
images

Well, we couldn't postpone the car shopping any longer & hubby landed a couple of contracts so off we went yesterday and signed our lives away. We bought another Honda Fit (love that car and this year's model has so many updates it feels like we've grown up :P ) and since there is so little margin on that car there was no wiggle room on the price, it is what it is. HOWEVER, the dealer allowed us to put a much larger amount on our AMEX than they normally put thru for the deposit as well as the down payment. Then we also added a few things to the package (cargo tray, chip protection to the hood & pre-bought the winter tires) and they let us put all of that on the card as well ... SO smaller monthly payments and a chunk of miles to boot :P

Now we have 3 years to let the Dream Miles build up while we pay off the loan since that is the max term hubby will live with, it will hurt some months but we'll own the car sooner. The push to collect the miles will slow down, our shopping patterns will change slightly leading to smaller stock piles and ZERO gift card purchases simply to earn miles and use "whenever". January will be long,dark, cold & boring with no getaway but just think of what we'll be able to do by the time the loan is gone! When does the Star Wars section open?? Fingers crossed that we'll be able to lift our moratorium on travel to the states and we can head to Disney again.

images

Yahoo!Yeah!!:yay::yay::yay:
Congratulations on the new car.
It is such a piece of mind to have a new reliable car.
I was thinking maybe some summer /fall trips to Ontario waterfalls.
Pack a picnic and a couple of lawn chairs,,,Giant Tiger has some great folding ones on sale for $12.00 each.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g154979-Activities-c57-t95-Ontario.html

How about a Staycation in St Jacobs in the Winter/January?
This is a 2017 article I found useful.
http://www.thompsonsells.com/march-break-ontario-2017

Have fun in your new car.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
https://www.ontariotravel.net/en/plan/travel-guides

images
CONGRATULATIONS!! A new car is fun and exciting, and the fact that you could put some of that on the cc helps. We did the same in 2014 with our Rav4-although it might have been PC points that I gathered at that point. Ontario Travel is a good place to start. I'm going to do the 'cheese tour' in this area, this year, I think. (Should have gone yesterday, but I want to do a midweek drive) Here's the link to plan some travel....
https://www.ontariotravel.net/en/plan/travel-guides

In need of a few extra miles? I was just reading my email and opened one from RONA. RONA now sells beds. I had to do a double take and make sure I opened the right email. What's next? I liked it better when stores were what you thought they were. Grocery stores without wine. The hardware lumber store without appliances etc.

In need of a few extra miles? I was just reading my email and opened one from RONA. RONA now sells beds. I had to do a double take and make sure I opened the right email. What's next? I liked it better when stores were what you thought they were. Grocery stores without wine. The hardware lumber store without appliances etc.

well I kind of like that these stores are branching out, online at least. can't earn AM on an Ikea bed.

I remember to my surprise that Best Buy had the best deal on a washing machine that I bought last year.
I thought Best Buy was computers and phones only.
Times are a changin!!
Hugs Mel

Well Mel, i would suggest you stay away from the Staples website or you might lose you mind! Here's a section that baffles me -- you can buy a breathalyzer (and a few other things that might get me banned if i share THOSE images :rolleyes1)
upload_2018-5-21_12-52-35.png
Or want a kitchen sink? Yeah, they sell those too! They even have an entire section of Nursing supplies and they aren't for the first aide section in the break room!!

Well Mel, i would suggest you stay away from the Staples website or you might lose you mind! Here's a section that baffles me -- you can buy a breathalyzer (and a few other things that might get me banned if i share THOSE images :rolleyes1)
View attachment 323924
Or want a kitchen sink? Yeah, they sell those too! They even have an entire section of Nursing supplies and they aren't for the first aide section in the break room!!
Oh My Gosh!
I had no idea
Does Shell sell Staples gift cards? Lol.
I have two sons with Birthdays this month and next and I told them they are getting Gift cards and what their options were.lol
Thanks for sharing
Hugs Mel

Little off topic, but for those looking at Ontario Deals.
Head up to Wasaga Beach, swing into the Foodland there. Once again, like last year they are offering a meal deal. Buy a roasted chicken and couple of sides for $20 you get a parking pass to any of the Provincial parks. So going to the beach for the day you get your lunch and parking for $20. Great deal, parking is $20 each.
Enjoy the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter