Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm not sure if i can handle a shop today or not, i managed to hobble to the bus and hubby picked me up when i got back to the city -- really wanted to get those cash miles for the Mega Miles promo because there will more than likely be at least one offer to do that!

I can't wait till March 8th .. the blister is on my heel, already very large and about ready to open up :crazy2: The flyer tomorrow is AMAZING for me though, both bandaids AND insoles have bonus miles and are on sale! I'm sure there will be things i need once March 8th rolls around so I'll be able to do the MM promo as well (there are advantages to being this old and "broken")

Hope your feet are better today! Blisters are the worst. :(

Time to redeem for another gift card soon I think!

I"m not sure what type of gift card you will be purchasing. but i recently found out that any Mastercard or Visa gc you purchase if they are not used within a year...they will start to charge you 4.95 per month to " hold and keep the card active " for you. I found this out when one of our sons was finally using a GC he got as an xmas gift last year ( 2016 ) and it wasn't worth it's full value. When I called them about it...that's what I was told. I made a fuss over it because it was one for our kids and they did send me a small valued card to appease me. But I was NOT impressed. So this is just a heads up if you were going to purchase a Mastercard or Visa one.

If you read on the back of the package...it clearly states on there. They are hoping that no one notices or makes a fuss over it. I'm in Alberta...and yes it's against the law here too...but they are doing it.

That is against the law in Ontario - gift cards cannot be depreciated or a charge scheme to devalue

I think they get away with it because they are considered to be a prepaid CC not a Gift Card.

If you read on the back of the package...it clearly states on there. They are hoping that no one notices or makes a fuss over it. I'm in Alberta...and yes it's against the law here too...but they are doing it.
The law is specific about GC that are direct related to one store or restaurant. For prepaid visa/mc or even malls ie.Yorkdale they can still charge a fee after a year.

Hope your feet are better today! Blisters are the worst. :(
Thanks! I'm just glad that it's warm enough and that most of the snow has melted so i can wear my running shoes instead of my boots! Since the stupid blister is on the bottom of my foot I'm spending a fair bit of time walking on tip-toes and my boots are too clunky to let me do that (my calves are ridiculously sore today, so out of shape!!)

So my perfect Air Miles purchased flight just got canceled. :( The times could not have been better, morning flight, getting us to the port with lots of time. Then, this morning, I received an email stating the times have been changed, we would now have to wait 8 hours between our connecting flights (it was 1 hour 20 minutes) and the flight would not get us to FLL until 5:57 p.m.. Our ship would have sailed by then.
However, AM was great and credited us back all our AM and the fees charged. Now I have to call Air Canada and get the cost of our pre-booked seats back. Hope that goes as easily.

I am however very disappointed. Time to start searching flights......again!

Were you flying in the same day as the cruise? I would consider the day prior in case of any flight delays...
Thanks but we can't do that, the ability is just not there. We do have fingers and toes crossed. ;)

Anyone have any thoughts on Park and Fly hotels in the Toronto area?

So my perfect Air Miles purchased flight just got canceled. :( The times could not have been better, morning flight, getting us to the port with lots of time. Then, this morning, I received an email stating the times have been changed, we would now have to wait 8 hours between our connecting flights (it was 1 hour 20 minutes) and the flight would not get us to FLL until 5:57 p.m.. Our ship would have sailed by then.
However, AM was great and credited us back all our AM and the fees charged. Now I have to call Air Canada and get the cost of our pre-booked seats back. Hope that goes as easily.

I am however very disappointed. Time to start searching flights......again!

I hear you. I'm surprised they (AM) didn't give you more options than that. In 2016 we were flying to Orlando on a Sunday - Sunday group of flights. Air Canada did away with the Sunday flight and I was able to get AM to book us on a Saturday - Saturday itinerary instead. This was 5 months out when the change was made.

Were you flying in the same day as the cruise? I would consider the day prior in case of any flight delays...

Thanks but we can't do that, the ability is just not there. We do have fingers and toes crossed. ;)

I agree with ilovetotravell1977. Do all you can to have a flight the day before a cruise. I have witnessed and heard too many stories of missed ships because flight delays. They dont wait, and then it is your expense to catch the cruise at the next port, if you can. And no refunds for missed cruises unless you get great cancellation insurance.
As for hotels in the TO area. Nothing really for Park and Fly. There is ALT that I know some have used with AM.
Can you try connecting from another airport?

Rexall L&G this week, spend 30 Get $10GC (2 more days), 1L coke get 2AM, mouthwash 5AM, shavers whopping 10AM, doritos 5AM and cleansing cloths 10AM. Don't anyone push me down in the stampede to the store :P. Maybe they'll add another spend x get 50AM next week?

I used to fly out the day before a cruise. Next cruise I plan on flying out 2 days before just to be extra safe. (Was just telling my husband my plan this morning.) Good luck Tinkerone!

Thanks! I'm just glad that it's warm enough and that most of the snow has melted so i can wear my running shoes instead of my boots! Since the stupid blister is on the bottom of my foot I'm spending a fair bit of time walking on tip-toes and my boots are too clunky to let me do that (my calves are ridiculously sore today, so out of shape!!)

I plan to try and start my walking routine this evening because I am going to hurt so MUCH if I don't when we head to Disney/Universal in 3 weeks. Hugs to you Hon
Mel

Rexall L&G this week, spend 30 Get $10GC (2 more days), 1L coke get 2AM, mouthwash 5AM, shavers whopping 10AM, doritos 5AM and cleansing cloths 10AM. Don't anyone push me down in the stampede to the store :P. Maybe they'll add another spend x get 50AM next week?

I'm liking your post and :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: (I got the same offers),,,I don't drink coke and eat Doritos either.
Hugs Mel

We've used the ALT and LOVED it, very basic but great service, perfect beds & shower and the staff is great. It's within walking distance of the Value Parking lot so easy access to the LINK train. They have parknfly packages if you book directly. We have used the Travel Hub but you can only get rooms with one bed thru any site other than direct and they do NOT have cots. Their package includes 1 night stay and 8 nights parking for $259 + tax for 1 bed or $299 for 2 beds -- price is the same every single day of the year BTW
ONE NIGHT STAY + 8 NIGHTS PARKING

Flying from Toronto Pearson International Airport? Need to park your vehicle while you’re away?
This package includes:
- One room
- 8 nights indoor parking for one vehicle
- No set checkout time: leave your room whenever you like at no extra cost! (Subject to hotel availability.)
- WiFi access
- Access to the well-equipped gym 24 hours a day

Thanks to this offer, you can leave your vehicle in the airport’s secure indoor parking lot with total peace of mind as it is monitored 24/7, and located next to the hotel.

ALT park n fly package

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!