• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

After almost 20 years…

Mrmrezg

Mouseketeer
…the odds finally caught up to me.
I came back to work on Friday. A day late, thanks to Isaac. As we were riding back to the big boat, in the skiff. We toke a couple big waves over the bow. Yup, she went down.
We were close to the bank and made it out without injury. I did however, lose about $2000 worth of electronics. Mac book, iPad, wifi… The only thing that made it was my iPhone. I am really glad that I got this life proof case.

I came back to work on Friday. A day late, thanks to Isaac. As we were riding back to the big boat, in the skiff. We toke a couple big waves over the bow. Yup, she went down.
We were close to the bank and made it out without injury. I did however, lose about $2000 worth of electronics. Mac book, iPad, wifi… The only thing that made it was my iPhone. I am really glad that I got this life proof case.

Greg, Wow! I glad you made it ok, everything else can be replaced!

Wow Greg - glad you're ok!

Whoa. :eek:

Glad to hear that all are safe. Losing the electronics is unfortunate. Losing the data on those electronics will probably be a real pain. :sad2:

Up the up side, we got a new, bigger, higher horsepower, and faster skiff. The company is saying that they will replace all that we lost. So, it's looking like we won't be losing much.
But most of the pics from our last trip were on my laptop.

Glad to hear you're OK Greg. Stuff can always be replaced (and it sounds like yours will be).

Well, I know it is to late to say this but external hard drives for backing up files are cheep.

wow what a ride, glad to hear all are safe. Sucks the electronics took a hit.

Never been on a cruise. Now I guess I know why!

All kidding aside. I'm glad you are OK and they are replacing your lost gear. Safe travels, my friend!:thumbsup2

I truly never felt that I was in a dangerous situation. When the skiff started going down, I started working my way closer to the bank. The swim was a short one and the water was a comfortable temp. It was almost relaxing.
I do appritiate all of the concern for my safety though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter