Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't quite say that - but they are clearly in pretty good shape to be ready a month from now. Still wouldn't expect a very long preview meeting.

(Also, I have a friend who's a CM and they are doing early morning testing of SDD with CMs on the ride. That should probably be in the rumors/news thread - huh?)

This brings to mind a good question - the Eiffel tower is designed to be seen from the front and appear larger than it is as if it's "off in the distance". Clearly this effect won't work from the back-side of the pavillion. I wonder how they are going to disguise it so you can't see it from the back.
They must have just started testing with people on the ride since they weren’t yet as of the last weekend of April.

(Also, I have a friend who's a CM and they are doing early morning testing of SDD with CMs on the ride. That should probably be in the rumors/news thread - huh?)
That's the first I have heard of actual people on the ride so things are progressing.

This brings to mind a good question - the Eiffel tower is designed to be seen from the front and appear larger than it is as if it's "off in the distance". Clearly this effect won't work from the back-side of the pavillion. I wonder how they are going to disguise it so you can't see it from the back.
I wondered that myself. Maybe a wall behind the tower?

That's the first I have heard of actual people on the ride so things are progressing.
They must have just started testing with people on the ride since they weren’t yet as of the last weekend of April.

He had indicated a few weeks ago that he had signed up to do it. (He isn't going to work there - works elsewhere in DHS.) Just yesterday posted that he was in the park at 5 AM for it. So think it JUST started.

He had indicated a few weeks ago that he had signed up to do it. (He isn't going to work there - works elsewhere in DHS.) Just yesterday posted that he was in the park at 5 AM for it. So think it JUST started.
Makes sense. Thanks!

based on the concept art it will look like it is behind buildings that are closer to you - so I think similar forced perspective

kitchen-calamity.jpg

I'm guessing a wall by the gondolas. In that area, the bottom of the gondola may only be about 10 feet off the ground. Maybe less. So tall trees or tall art work /murals would cover most of the backstage area. Gotta remember, the top of the towers is actually the top. The gondolas hang below by, I believe about three to five feet (not completely sure on that length).

I'm guessing a wall by the gondolas. In that area, the bottom of the gondola may only be about 10 feet off the ground. Maybe less. So tall trees or tall art work /murals would cover most of the backstage area. Gotta remember, the top of the towers is actually the top. The gondolas hang below by, I believe about three to five feet (not completely sure on that length).
I care more about the sightlines in the park. You can see some backstage stuff from the monorail going around the resort loop, so for me what you can see from the gondola as much as it is for the park sightlines

I care more about the sightlines in the park. You can see some backstage stuff from the monorail going around the resort loop, so for me what you can see from the gondola as much as it is for the park sightlines

I think the rat queue building will cover a lot of it up from WS. ImI guessing the only spot you will really see the gondolas is in the area of the bridge between France and England. Disney is very good at hiding things.

Yea would be kinda nice to see into Rat/France from the Gondola, but prob best to not see the Gondola from Rat/France instead, if possible to hide it anyway. But don't care either way to be honest.

I think the rat queue building will cover a lot of it up from WS. ImI guessing the only spot you will really see the gondolas is in the area of the bridge between France and England. Disney is very good at hiding things.
Yeah I’m assuming that as well, and interested to see what the finished product looks like.

Right but you have to get from the hotel to GE. There's got to be some hotel only entrance, tunnel? dunno.
I’ve always pictured the hotel will mask any backstage stuff from a size and angle perspective, and that maybe the hotel will have a backstage connection

I’ve always pictured the hotel will mask any backstage stuff from a size and angle perspective, and that maybe the hotel will have a backstage connection

Could easily be hidden by a building in the southwestern part of SW:GE. Building could look like one of the space ports or something and load you into a tram or monorail like enclosed transport to take the extremely short trip to the hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!