Advice Needed

m3owbox

Mouseketeer
Hello all! We have been to Disney World multiple times, but we always always have reservations for dinner. This next time we wanted to switch it up a little bit and only do three night reservations, one lunch one and then leave the rest of the dinners to lounges or something interesting. Any advice on these plans would be great. We will be there 6 nights, first night staying in AKL and the rest in the GFV.

Dinners: Maria and Enzos' ( we have never been but it looks neat), Frontera Cocina (we love this one), and Sanna
Lunch: Skipper Canteen
Lounges: Trader Sams, Geyser Point (if it isn't cold)

Please let me know if you would tweak any of these or anything.

Last edited:
We absolutely love having drinks and Bread Service at Sanaa, at Kidani! It is such a nice relaxing late afternoon/ early evening experience. Drinks, appetizers, and checking out the animals right outside the door! You can either walk over or take the shuttle between Jambo and Kidani. Enjoy!

When you go to Trader Sams unless you arrive right when it opens expect at least an hour wait. I think they told us the wait was 90 minutes when we tried to visit last May around 7:00pm.
Also at Trader Sams, do not order the Nautilus. There is no price on the menu and it’s like $50, and that’s without the souvenir cup!

Looks good! I agree with the tip about getting to Trader Sam's early and being cognizant of how expensive the souvenir cups are! Our trick is to only order mocktails (we don't drink) and watch while everyone around us orders the expensive drinks that trigger the antics and effects :)

Also, I think you mean Geyser Point which is outside at WL. Whispering Canyon is a TS.

If you need another lounge - take a look at Nomad in AK!

Looks good! I agree with the tip about getting to Trader Sam's early and being cognizant of how expensive the souvenir cups are! Our trick is to only order mocktails (we don't drink) and watch while everyone around us orders the expensive drinks that trigger the antics and effects :)

Also, I think you mean Geyser Point which is outside at WL. Whispering Canyon is a TS.

If you need another lounge - take a look at Nomad in AK!
I do mean Geyser Point, just went and changed it

Geyser Point is a fantastic lounge. I have seen heaters and even protective "doors" for inclement weather (not sure what your dates of travel are).

There are some great QS and lounges to try.
Trader Sams - show up 45 minutes before it opens to get your name on the list. Then show up about 5 minutes before they open. They will text you to let you know your name came up, but they move through the list quickly. You walk in and find a seat, so the longer it takes you to get there, the fewer options you may have. Sitting at the bar ws a lot of fun.
Sanaa - main restaurant you need an ADR at dinner. As mentioned, the bread service is almost a meal in itself and is really good.. You can get that in the lounge by Sanaa.
HBD lounge has a limited but good menu.
Tutto Gusto has a nice small plate menu
Nomad lounge at AK is really good. Can sit inside or out depending on the weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter