Adventures by Disney - Italy

Sometimes, if a tour really isn't selling, they'll run a discount to try & fill up trips. But the Italy trips are among ABD's most popular (especially the Rome/Tuscany/Venice itinerary). I can't remember the last time I saw those discounted.

Sayhello

I can't remember exactly the posting on the boards about comparing costs vs. doing things on your own. I ran across something in todays paper which made me think of that posting and also think about this trip. Pardon the random thoughts here in an idle moment. In today's (2/14/18) edition of Bloomberg, they do note "It costs roughly 25,000 euros ($30,800) to book the Sistine Chapel for a private, 30-minute visit. The privilege includes a solo, guided tour of the Treasure Room (filled with papal outfits and jewelry) and the Room of Tears, where every new pope prays in the emotionally charged aftermath of a papal inauguration." It goes on to talk about this type of experience is really the only chance to look at the tiled floor, which is supposed to be as spectacular as the frescos.

This seems to track, at least in some parts, what the ABD posts "PRIVATE AFTER-HOURS TOUR OF THE VATICAN MUSEUMS AND SISTINE CHAPEL*
Experience an exclusive after-hours, privately guided tour of the Vatican Museum—home to masterpieces by the greatest artists in history in a collection spanning 4000 years. Also, be guided by a local expert through the Sistine Chapel where you can get an intimate look at Michelangelo's magnificent achievement." And while not promised, most ABD people get to take pictures which is absolutely forbidden when the general public is present.

So yes, I think comparing suffering and shuffling through with throngs of people vs. having this just to your group is, all by itself, a nearly impossible bucket list item for people like me. I guess if you can drop nearly $31,000.00 for a thirty minute tour, than you probably should be doing these trips on your own. As for me, I also enjoy my fellow adventurer's company!

I think it is comparing two different things. There are several tour operators that do private tours of the Vatican Museums and Sistine chapels. These are before or after hours. We did one with Walks of Italy where there were 12 in the group and it is about $110 per person. I believe it was very similar to the private tour on the ABD from the accounts I've read. A company called Italy with Us has some in-depth (3-4 hour) private tours for $300-400 depending on the size of your group. So, I think there are multiple options to enjoy the Vatican without the throngs of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!