Adults only food and wine 2018

Kingdome8

DIS Veteran
would be our first no kids trip to Disney. Hope it would still be fun. Looking at a 3 day trip next October. How many days do people spend at the festival. Was thinking about getting a 2 day park hopper and really just doing Epcot and Hollywood studios. IS there enuff to do around the world for 2 days. I know eating and drinking but also enuff shows and events in each country?

would be our first no kids trip to Disney. Hope it would still be fun. Looking at a 3 day trip next October. How many days do people spend at the festival. Was thinking about getting a 2 day park hopper and really just doing Epcot and Hollywood studios. IS there enuff to do around the world for 2 days. I know eating and drinking but also enuff shows and events in each country?
Here is the 2017 F&W thread by @crazy4wdw over on the Restaurants Board that discusses all that is available:
2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

I'd not necessarily use the terms "shows and events in each country" describing what's in WS.
WS, in general, is in preponderance about shopping and "looking around."

IMHO, if you are concerned there isn't "enough" to do and you only want to visit two parks, I would save your money and start with a 2-day base ticket. Plan an EP day and a DHS day. If you find you want to do more, add an extra day to the ticket or add the hopper option when you are onsite. Unless you are interested in attending the seminars and eating at every booth, 1 day would be enough, IMHO.

If the trend from with this year's F&W Festival continues, they will be selling 1 oz. wine samples for $10+ in 2018.

IMHO, if you are concerned there isn't "enough" to do and you only want to visit two parks, I would save your money and start with a 2-day base ticket. Plan an EP day and a DHS day. If you find you want to do more, add an extra day to the ticket or add the hopper option when you are onsite. Unless you are interested in attending the seminars and eating at every booth, 1 day would be enough, IMHO.

Thanks. That's the answer I'm looking for.
We have been many of time with kids. And I always say would love to go around Epcot with no kids and drink and eat. Kids always ready to go by third country. If one day is enuff maybe would do a tour thru a park then. Could be fun.

My DH and I do adults only trips all the time and we always have a great time. If you are going for Food and Wine then there is absolutely enough to do. We go the end of the month and will have 5 park days. 4 will be at Epcot and 1 will be at MK for MNSSHP. We like to take our time sampling items from all the booths so we take a few days to do that, I get full pretty quickly.

Our experiences won't help those with a short trip but here goes anyway. We go for 9 to 10 days, hitting a non-EMH park at RD then hoping to WS everyday except Sat when crowds there are crazy. We attend at least one concert of each act there for Eat to the Beat whether we know them, like them or not, never been disappointed.

I agree with a previous poster regarding the shrinking wine samples with swelling prices so we actually bring our own in. We fly SW, just the 2 of us so we devote one checked bag to tote 4 or 5 3 liter boxes of Pinot Grigio which we put in quart size insulated carriers with a shoulder strap. We kept a few plastic wine glasses from past trip so as not to be conspicuous.

Big tip here, avoid going over the weekend before Columbus Day and CD itself.

Bill From PA

Thanks. That's the answer I'm looking for.
We have been many of time with kids. And I always say would love to go around Epcot with no kids and drink and eat. Kids always ready to go by third country. If one day is enuff maybe would do a tour thru a park then. Could be fun.

I would go with a hopper and hit EPCOT two days. There is a TON of food to sample and if you try to do it all in one day, chances are you will be way too full and will not be able to sample as much as you like. Also, if you like cocktails, trying to squeeze a bunch in during a one day tour may not work out so well. :-)

We go for 5 days and we hit EPCOT three times in those five days, using hoppers to visit other parks. On our next visit (in 35 days!!), we are starting at EPCOT on Wednesday from late morning through early evening and then hopping to MK to see Happily Ever After. On Thursday, we're hitting MK in the morning through early afternoon for our favorite rides and then hopping back to EPCOT for more F&W. We're avoiding EPCOT on Fri/Sat because it's crazy those days, and then on Sunday, we're starting at EPCOT to finish out our F&W tour and then hopping to AK around 3 pm for rides and evening activities. I really think a very long day in EPCOT is not as enjoyable as breaking it up. Just my opinion, but I hope it helps! Whatever you do, have a magical time!

I'm planning 3 partial days and a full day for this year, mainly because I want to take my time and catch one of the concerts.

The wife and I did 2 days the week before Irma hit. I would say their is plenty to do and see. You can in no way taste all the food in 1-2 days, I was to full to continue after a few stops. I was more successful in drinking around the world but alas did not sample everything because it is frowned upon if I am unable to walk back to the bus stop on my own. Why does Dory's song come to mind?...Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....

I know that as an adult I can easily spend two full days in Epcot and find plenty to do.

Nope, our are adults. However we are taking them next week

Actually, same here in 28 days, 11 of us, wifey and I, 2 daughters, 2 sons in law and 5 grand kids. This will be the first time since 2009 it will be more than just the 2 of us though.

Bill From PA

Actually, same here in 28 days, 11 of us, wifey and I, 2 daughters, 2 sons in law and 5 grand kids. This will be the first time since 2009 it will be more than just the 2 of us though.

Bill From PA
The wife and I plan on spoiling the future grandkids at Disney then sending them back home haha

We're so good to our kids, don't feel guilty at all......but I do miss them a bit.

I love the Food & Wine festival! Personally, I would spend both days at Food and Wine - there is so much to do. I would do a few special events like a lunch with pairings (we really love the tequila lunch at La Hacienda). This year we bought the 8 taste sampler card from the Festival Center, but it is only good for samples that are more than $8.65 (or something like that) to make it worth the price; what we did was use if for drinks that were more than that price (we had a $16 glass of champagne, a delicious slushie in France, and other such drinks.) This year, for the first time, we used some Food & Wine passports we found online that were really fun - they are personalized and you can rate your choices. (PM me if you want the name, since we can't post it.)

You will have so much fun for a couple of adult days, no matter what you do!!

Our experiences won't help those with a short trip but here goes anyway. We go for 9 to 10 days, hitting a non-EMH park at RD then hoping to WS everyday except Sat when crowds there are crazy. We attend at least one concert of each act there for Eat to the Beat whether we know them, like them or not, never been disappointed.

I agree with a previous poster regarding the shrinking wine samples with swelling prices so we actually bring our own in. We fly SW, just the 2 of us so we devote one checked bag to tote 4 or 5 3 liter boxes of Pinot Grigio which we put in quart size insulated carriers with a shoulder strap. We kept a few plastic wine glasses from past trip so as not to be conspicuous.

Big tip here, avoid going over the weekend before Columbus Day and CD itself.

Bill From PA
And you get through bag check?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!